“Great place!”

A Fish Called Avalon
Reserve with OpenTable
A Fish Called Avalon is not available for your requested time. Choose another time, or search restaurants with availability.
The time you selected has already passed.
Ranked #28 of 1,088 Restaurants in Miami Beach
Price range: US$21 - US$40
Cuisines: Seafood, International
Dining options: Breakfast, After-hours, Dinner, Delivery, Outdoor Seating, Reservations
Dining style: Fine Dining
Neighbourhood: Flamingo / Lummus
Cross street: 7th
Description: Overlooking Ocean Drive from the veranda of the Avalon Hotel is the 25 year old, acclaimed restaurant, A fish Called Avalon. Cuisine features local seafood prepared with a sensuous, tropical flair. An extensive wine reserve and full service bar naturally compliment our great food.
Philadelphia, Pennsylvania
“Great place!”
Reviewed 26 November 2013 via mobile

Excellent food, great atmosphere (very romantic) and the service was top notch. We went there based off reviews from TA and Yelp. It seems hard to find places like these in South Beach. Most of them are scam artists with average, overpriced food and poor service. This was definitely a nice surprise. Prices were typical of the area, but at least the good and the service was up to par with the prices. Live music was a nice touch. I recommend!

• Korean first
  • Polish first
  • Turkish first
Saint Louis, Missouri
“Outstanding Seafood, Steak OK”
Reviewed 25 November 2013

My husband and I recently dined at A Fish Called Avalon in South Beach, Miami. We ordered the scallops as an appetizer and split an order of sea bass and an order of ribeye (It's a great way to have surf and turf in reasonable portions). Anyway the scallops were melt-in-your-mouth delicious! And the sea bass was wonderful. It was served on top of a portion of potatoes (yum!). The steak was alright, a little tough. The ambiance of this restaurant is very nice, even if it did rain during our visit. I would go there again, and just have the fish!

Sartell, Minnesota
“Great food/service very good/expensive”
Reviewed 20 November 2013

Food was wonderful and service was better then average for Miami Beach (found service throughout stay to be a bit lacking, server here was good). Food/atmosphere was good. Expensive dinner.

San Antonio, TX
“Best Seafood on Ocean Drive”
Reviewed 18 November 2013

This was our second visit to Fish Called Avalon, and it was even better than we remembered the first. We got it in to South Beach in the evening and dined at 9:30 (moving our reservation back from 9:00 by phone). Since it was quite windy that night, we chose to eat indoors rather than on the porch. All tables were full. We loved the atmosphere inside – very stylish although a bit loud – better than outside. What sets FCA apart from all the other restaurants lining Ocean Drive is the fact that they do not have or need a barker or tease out front trying to lure in customers. Their good name and great food does it all. My macadamia encrusted snapper and my wife’s mahi mahi were both wonderful as was the calamari to start. When choosing where to dine on OD, this must be your first choice. That is, unless you like two beer bottles in a margarita glass, and then I cannot help you.

Columbus,Oh
“a great romantic setting and fantastic meal”
Reviewed 18 November 2013

I eat out alot and have to say this was as good as I have had in a while.
The night before I kind of got gouged and this restaurant was so nice, great view, guitar music in the background, nice waiter and incredible food, from the bang bang shrimp apetizer to the seafood my friend and I had to the creme bruele desert
Wow would go back in a minute