“Of the beaten path and amazing...”

Sanctuary South Beach
Ranked #142 of 207 Hotels in Miami Beach
New York City, New York
“Of the beaten path and amazing...”
Reviewed 29 May 2014

This past Memorial Day weekend I stayed at the Sanctuary and I think if I didn't stay here, I would have regretted visiting the city during this weekend. Although the Sanctuary is beautiful, I expected a little more from a Menin property (e.g. breakfast). What made the most difference for me was the helpfulness and professionalism of Luis and Maria. Maria's recommendation to have brunch at Nikki Beach on Sunday really made our trip. When I next visit South Beach, if I want to stay off the beaten path again, I would choose the Sanctuary.

Room Tip: Great location to the walking mall and to the beach.
Stayed May 2014, travelled as a couple
Ignacio L, Manager at Sanctuary South Beach, responded to this review, 3 June 2014
Dear Guest

In the name of the entire Sanctuary South Beach staff, we want to thank you for your review on Tripadvisor. The front desk team is always at your service and I am very glad to hear they made your stay the "most special one".
I hope yo welcome you at the Sanctuary in the near future, for another amazing stay. Please email me at iluciano@meninhospitality.com in order to get the best rate.

Best regards,

Ignacio Luciano

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (74)
  • Greek first
Orlando, Florida
Reviewed 21 May 2014

Stayed at the hotel twice and it was by far the best in South Beach. The location is perfect, every staff member was friendly and helpful. The suites very confortable. I will definitely be staying there again.

• Stayed April 2014
1 Thank Jesus M
Ignacio L, Manager at Sanctuary South Beach, responded to this review, 28 May 2014
Dear Guest

I am thrilled to hear that you were very happy with your recent stay at the Sanctuary South Beach and that you received a lovely service by the team. I am so pleased to know that you enjoyed your second stay with us and we look forward for the 3rd one.

Please email me at iluciano@meninhospitality.com in order to get the best rate.

Miami, Florida
Reviewed 19 May 2014

Had a discounted rate for this place and surprised to have an apartment style room when we checked in. Celebrated the weekend with friends in SoBe and loved this hotel for us to hang out at. We had the rooftop pool to ourselves and it is small but perfect for lounging and drinking. The hotel also gave us access to another pool at a neighboring hotel which was awesome... But a bit more crowded. Didn't eat at the restaurant. Best part of hotel was the location. Near Lincoln rd shops which is one of my fave SoBe spots and a short walk to the beach... Like 3 minutes. As a local... This hotel did it for me, far enough from the real touristy SoBe but conveniently located on the beach for a "getaway" from the city.

• Stayed June 2013, travelled with friends
Ignacio L, Manager at Sanctuary South Beach, responded to this review, 20 May 2014
Dear Guest

Thank you for sharing your recent great experience at the Sanctuary South Beach. We are glad we were the perfect getaway to hang out with friends and we are pleased you had an outstanding visit and enjoyed all our amenities. Thank you very much, and we all look forward for your next visit. Please email us at sanctuaryreservations@meninhospitality.com in order to get the best rate.

Brooklyn, New York
Reviewed 19 May 2014

We had a very short stay for a family wedding. Anything we couldn't figure out (room safe, cabs, places to shop or eat) was INSTANTLY handled by the helpful and friendly staff.

It appears that they are upgrading the rooms, as the locks on the doors were new. I'm sure that additional upgrades are on the horizon.

• Stayed May 2014, travelled with family
Dear Guest

Thank you for sharing your wonderful experience. We're pleased you chose to spend a family wedding at the Sanctuary South Beach. We are glad it was short but amazing! It was a pleasure having you and our entire team looks forward to your next visit, please email us at sanctuaryreservations@meninhospitality.com in order to get the best rate.

White Plains, New York
Reviewed 14 May 2014

The Sanctuary is a small boutique hotel close to everything that south beach has to offer. It is located on a quite well kept block, and is a block away from the beach, Collins Avenue and Lincoln avenue. The staff is helpful and is always willing to go the extra step to make sure you are comfortable. The suites offer a living area which includes a small refrigerator. The beds are very comfortable. The only think I can say is that they need to improve the lighting in the bathroom area. It is a little hard to see for shaving or makeup application.

Room Tip: ask for rooms on the side opposite the restaurants kitchen
  • Stayed April 2014, travelled on business
1 Thank Eveline G
Dear Guest

Thank you for sharing your 5 star experience at the Sanctuary South Beach. We strive to provide the best service and go the extra step, in order to make our guest's experience perfect. I will definitely consider all the positive feedback on your review. Our entire team looks forward to your next visit, please email us at sanctuaryreservations@Meninhospitality.com in order to get the best rate.

Reviewed 11 May 2014

Sanctuary was truly a beautiful hotel with incredibly high quality service. Eddy, the front desk manager, was extremely helpful during our stay, and our dinner at the Sanctuary was beyond compare. Without any neon lights in sight, this hotel is truly the only upscale high quality establishment in the area.

• Stayed May 2014
Ignacio L, Manager at Sanctuary South Beach, responded to this review, 15 May 2014
Below is the response to the review you told me about:
Dear Guest

Thank you so much for staying with us. I’m really glad you had an amazing stay at the Sanctuary South Beach. One of the things we feel very proud of is our customer service, so I appreciate your feedback. Please email me at iluciano@meninhospitality.com in order to get the best rate next time you want to visit us.

Waterloo, Canada
Reviewed 7 May 2014

Chose the Sanctuary at the recommendation of our airline and it was OK. It is a small boutique hotel 1 block off the main drag near Lincoln Ave. so it is a great location. Staff are friendly and very helpful. Rooms were stark and not so inviting. Had to pull the plug on the small refrig because of the racket it made. In house restaurant is Ola known for its ceviche ...good but not cheap

• Stayed April 2014, travelled as a couple
Ignacio L, Manager at Sanctuary South Beach, responded to this review, 12 May 2014
Dear Guest

Thank you very much for your 4 star review on Tripadvisor. I am glad to hear you enjoyed your stay at the Sanctuary South Beach and were also able to take advantage of our prime location, a few steps away from Lincoln Road Mall. Please send me an email at iluciano@meninhospitality.com in order to get the best rate next time you want to visit us.

Best regards,