“Best. Hotel. Ever.”

Sanctuary South Beach
Ranked #149 of 208 Hotels in Miami Beach
“Best. Hotel. Ever.”
Reviewed 10 July 2014

This honestly was the best hotel ever. Everything from the room, to the food, and everything in between was just fantastic. Luis, Maria, and Eddy were exceptional. They routinely would check up on us via text message to insure that our stay was nothing less than superior. If you are looking for a relaxing, friendly, and convienient place to stay, this is definitely the place for you!

1 Thank joshhollin
Ignacio L, Manager at Sanctuary South Beach, responded to this review, 16 July 2014
Dear Guest

Firstly, many thanks for writing a review about your recent stay at the Sanctuary South Beach. It is a great pleasure to know you received an excellent customer service from Eddy, Maria and Luis. We hope to have you stay at the Sanctuary in the near future. Please email me at iluciano@meninhospitality.com in order to get the best rate.

Ignacio Luciano

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (74)
  • Greek first
New York City, New York
Reviewed 10 July 2014

I finally came around in writing a review.. Me and my boyfriend booked this hotel for a 3night stay in May- and we have to agree that it was the best service and hotel ever. For my boyfriend he has been to Miami numerous of times, for me it was my first. He was very pleased, and we agreed whenever we return to Miami...SANCTUARY HOTEL will be the ONLY hotel we will stay in!! :)

1. Eddy (reception) is very very polite, nice and helpful- we LOVED him!
2. A block away from the beach and the loud Collins ave- its a perfect hidden spot that is yet around everywhere you want to be.
3. Room is spacious, clean, and the bed is very comfortable

Room Tip: The second floor is best but if you would like a nice Buddha Fountain outside your hallway, the firs...
  • Stayed May 2014, travelled as a couple
1 Thank Sully R
Dear Guest

Thank you for your review regarding your recent stay at the Sanctuary South Beach. I am most delighted to know that you enjoyed your visit and you consider us the ONLY hotel to stay in (South Beach). We hope that you will visit us soon, please send me an email at iluciano@Meninhospitality.com in order to get the best rate.

New York
Reviewed 9 July 2014

I have been staying at the Sanctuary once or twice a year for the past 5 years... and this time was no different.. Eddy is just wonderful.. and I can't wait to return in November! This is the only hotel for me on South Beach.. Rooms are spacious and that bed provides some of the best sleep ever, although i didn't do much sleeping.. It's SOUTH BEACH.. DUH!

• Stayed July 2014, travelled with friends
Dear Guest

Thank you for your awesome review on TripAdvisor. We are very honored to have you at the Sanctuary South Beach every year. Thank you for your great comments regarding Eddy.

We hope to see you in November, please email me at iluciano@Meninhospitality.com in order to get the best available rate.

Miami, Florida
Reviewed 8 July 2014 via mobile

I went to the Sanctuary hotel for a week get away with my girl friend. Since the beginning we were greeted by Maria, whom not only told us all about the hotel, but also helped us setting up some tours; honestly it was fun! Definitely we will be coming back soon.

Dear Guest

I am glad to hear you had fun in your recent stay at the Sanctuary South Beach. I am also happy to know that Maria made your stay even better with her customer service skills.

We look forward for your next stay. Please email me at iluciano@meninhospitality.com in order to get the best deal.

Decatur, Georgia
Reviewed 7 July 2014

My husband and I stayed at Sanctuary South Beach over the 4th of July weekend, checking in July 3rd and checking out July 6th. We chose this hotel based on the location, price, and reviews. We were highly satisfied with our stay! The hotel reservation was in my husband's name and I arrived at the hotel before him (due to travel delays; I flew in that day and he drove in from Ft. Lauderdale), I was worried since he wasn't with me check-in might be a hassle but it was a breeze. Eddie at the front desk is very helpful and patient.

Our room was on the first floor and was spotless. I only have 2 complaints about the room. First, with it being on the first floor, there was not much natural light. The front of the room faces the courtyard/open atrium area and for privacy we kept the curtains shut. The back of the room, the bedroom, had a large window but we kept that shut too for privacy - so we had to have overhead lights on constantly. Not a huge deal since we didn't really spend daylight hours in the room. It did make it great for sleeping at night though!! Second complaint - the bathroom has frosted windows on one of the walls facing the bedroom, which is aesthetically pleasing but if one of us got up in the middle of the night and turned on the bathroom light, the person in bed was blinded! So if we had to use the bathroom in the middle of the night, we did it with the lights off :-O Again, those are the only complaints, very minor.

The amenities of the hotel were OK. Continental breakfast was the normal fare. The rooftop pool is VERY small. Deepest point in the pool is only 2'10". But it was nice up there, the few times we did go to the rooftop we were alone except for one time, very peaceful. If you are looking for a bigger pool, their sister hotel the Gale is just around the corner. We went to that pool once and it was a little bit bigger, with more lounge chairs and a better view. We dined at the hotel restaurant Ola on Friday night, and the food was wonderful! Not cheap though. Ola was packed Saturday night and I think it's one of the nicer restaurants in the South Beach area. Good for a special occasion dinner. Finally, if we needed anything from the front desk, such as ice, extra towels, etc. the front desk was very courteous and prompt with our requests.

All in all we really enjoyed our stay; it is not one of the hotels right on the beach which is fine, we were OK with saving $100/night to walk an extra block to the beach! And it's an extra block away from the chaos and noise of Collins Ave. which made it more tranquil and low-key. If you're looking for good value and location, Sanctuary is an excellent choice.

• Stayed July 2014, travelled as a couple
Ignacio L, Manager at Sanctuary South Beach, responded to this review, 8 July 2014
Dear Guest

Thank you so much for your 5 star review on Tripadvisor. I really appreciate your detailed review and I will definitely look into every single item you mentioned. Thank you once again and we hope you visit us soon. Please email me at iluciano@meninhospitailty.com in order to get the best rate.

Woodbridge, Virginia, USA
Reviewed 6 July 2014

I truly enjoyed my stay at the Sanctuary South Beach, Miami, FL. I'd read previous reviews that made this place sound questionable, yet I'd already booked it and thought, I can deal with 2 nights, regardless of what reviewers posted. Turns out, I was immediately impressed!! Prior to my arrival, I received text messages from the hotel with warm welcomes. When I arrived, it was hours before My room would be ready, and when I got there, the hotel staff completely understood, and recommended hanging out at the beach, with beach chairs and all. The hotel staff ( Luis, and Eddy) were very attentive, and exceeded my expectations and doubts. The Restaurant, Ola got great reviews, I'm just sad I didn't get a chance to eat there. I did however enjoy a complimentary mojito as I was waiting for my ride and guest to a local Cuban restaurant. The room was simply fabulous, I had no complaints about my stay, and do plan to make the Sanctuary my number one place to stay in the future. Keep up the great job, and I salute you for a job well done!!

• Stayed July 2014, travelled solo
Dear Guest

Thank you so much for sharing your experience at the Sanctuary South Beach. It is wonderful to hear that Luis and Eddy exceeded your expectations. I hope you’ll come visit us again soon. Please email me at iluciano@meninhospitality.com in order to get the best deal.

Miami, FL
Reviewed 6 July 2014

Scent-ual hotel where staff does all it can to make you comfortable. I received two to three texts a day asking if we needed anything. Rooms good size and clean. Rooftop pool area good, but pool no deeper than 3 feet. Not much of a view either. They have sister properties you can go to with larger pools.

Dear Guest

Thank you for taking the time to write your review of the Sanctuary South Beach. We really appreciate your comments regarding our customer service via text messaging. Our staff members take their roles in our industry very seriously and try, every day, to provide that quality customer service, that our guests expect.
Please email me at iluciano@meninhospitality.com next time you want to visit us and get the best rate.