Hilton Cabana Miami Beach
If you like this hotel, you might also be interested in
US$518
US$424
Hotel Croydon(Miami Beach)
US$288
US$249
  • Pool
Fontainebleau Miami Beach(Miami Beach)
US$436
US$401
Marriott Hotels
US$341
US$295
US$221
US$204
  • Beachfront
Shore Club South Beach Hotel(Miami Beach)(Great Value!)
US$293
US$252
  • Pool
Grand Beach Hotel(Miami Beach)
US$307
Travelocity
  • Pool
Eden Roc Miami Beach Resort(Miami Beach)
US$306
US$281
Travelocity
US$471
US$432
2,679 results
All reviewsfront deskhilton propertiesbeach staffocean frontoutdoor barvalet staffthird flooran umbrellabeach accesshotel restaurantlounge chairsoscarpoolsmiamibalconyuberconcierge
FilterAll languages
Reviewed 10 July 2014 via mobile

Made a reservation for February and encountered a very inexperienced person name Anika (possible spelled Anicka)

She was rude, short, and completely inappropriate in her communication. Calling herself acting GM was a joke.

Thank goodness for Danny who helped me find other accommodations! He understanding and patient with my situation

I recommend staying away from this hotel until they have their act I order.

Stayed: February 2014
3  Thank HoldenBea
Reviewed 9 July 2014

I am a loyal Hilton Honors Diamond member who stayed at the Hilton Cabana from June 30 - July 5 in room 925. Overall, I think I would categorize my experience as average, nothing really stood out as exceptional. I was a bit disappointed with the lack of any real 'perks' for Diamond members.

THE GOOD:
The food in the French restaurant is outstanding.The restaurant is independently owned and is not affiliated with the Hilton brand.

The service at the front desk was good. I appreciated Kimberly and her attentive and helpful demeanor.

Because the hotel is brand new, everything was clean and in working order. The pools were nice but small and the beach is decent.

THE NOT SO GOOD:
The parking situation at the hotel is atrocious. They only offer valet parking for guests at an outrageous price of $35 per day (I can understand charging this price if at a hotel off Ocean Dr directly adjacent to South Beach but this hotel is 7 miles away). Non-hotel guests get to park at the hotel for $15 per day. Somehow, the math doesn't seem to add up. If I'm a paying hotel guest, how come I have to pay 2x more to park at the hotel than a non-guest? Not to mention teh fact that the valet company running the show is inept. They lost our keys the first day we checked in. We were wiating for them to pull the car around so we could go to dinner and after about 20 minutes we noticed that others who arrived after us were getting their cars and we were still waiting. Come to find out they couldn't find our keys! We had to enlist the help of the hotel manager and she eventually found our keys. They were right where they were supposed to be, hanging with all the others! For our trouble we were told that Hilton would comp one day of valet parking. Not only did they not do this, they charged us the full $35 for July 5th when we checked out at noon!

Room 925 is a premium oceanfront room but there was nothing special about it. The bathroom had one sink and no tub. It was just an average room. The design of the balconies may not appeal to many (we certainly did not care for it) because the balconies adjoin with no privacy partition. At one point I was sitting on the bed in our room and our neighbor happened to be sitting on his patio and he was looking right at me. Weird!

The beach service is spotty. One day it was good, the next day I had to ask three times for someone to come and take a drink order. As a guest of the hotel you get complimentary beach chairs but have to pay $19 for an umbrella. One would think that this could be an excellent way to show some appreciation for Diamond members - seriously, give them some kind of perk!

The hilton honors breakfast is more complicated than it needs to be. To be frank, the complimentary breakfast is a very small bowl of fruit, a tiny cup of yogurt and your bread of choice. You get coffee or orange juice but not both. They complicate things by having two menus, one for hilton honors members, one for non-members. They also change the portion sizes for each menu (because honors members get a discount on the menu items, the portions are smaller, so technically you aren't getting a discount at all). Would suggest that they put a value on the hilton honors breakfast voucher (say $15), stick with one menu and take the discount from the total of the bill.

As I stated previously, overall the experience was just average, nothing special. Would I stay here again? No, I would not - there are too many other hotel options in Miami Beach who are willing to earn your business and in my opinion, Hilton Cabana just wasn't one of those hotels.

• Stayed: July 2014, travelled as a couple
8  Thank Toni B
mmili808, General Manager at Hilton Cabana Miami Beach, responded to this reviewResponded 22 July 2014

Hello,

I apologize for your inconveniences during your stay.

We are currently investigating all of these issues and I think you will find your next stay more enjoyable than your previous.

We hope to have you back soon to experience the service expected at Hilton Cabana Miami Beach.

Reviewed 9 July 2014

I had the chance to spend 3 restful nights in this lovely hotel. The room was wonderful, welcoming, clean, relaxing and enjoyable.

The hotel itself is very clean, beautiful. Even the elevators smell nice. The pools and grounds leading to the beach made it hard for me to go back inside because I just wanted to continue to enjoy them.

The staff from the valets to the front desk to the cleaning staff all greet you with a genuine smile and greeting. Everyone was helpful and pleasant.

I really enjoyed my stay and would not hesitate to stay there again if I'm ever in the area.

Room Tip: The beach front rooms would be an excellent choice if you are spending a lot of time inside the room. Otherwise, any room is an great choice for a relaxing stay.
  • Stayed: July 2014, travelled on business
1  Thank nerdyb4itwascool

Hello,

Thank you for the feedback.

We are ecstatic you enjoyed your stay and look forward to having you back.

Reviewed 9 July 2014

This is a beautiful hotel with fantastic service. The food is very good and the interiors are very well designed. Our family of 4 had a great time in and out of the hotel and at the beach with Hilton service. I'd like to express our sincere thanks to James, Preston, Raymond, Rudolf, Michael and the many others that made our stay feel welcome and looking forward to returning.

• Stayed: July 2014, travelled with family
Review collected in partnership with Hilton Hotels & Resorts

Hello,

Thank you for visiting for your 4th of July holiday.

Hopefully this will be the first of many!

Reviewed 7 July 2014

We stayed one night on July 4th. This is a nice looking property, recently opened, in a renovated building. It is directly on Miami Beach and has two small pools and a gym. There are no other activities available at the hotel. There is one restaurant, which is highly rated, but all I ate there was the continental breakfast provided free to H Honors members (coffee or juice, a bowl of fruit and choice of a bagel with butter, muffin, or tiny croissant). The staff are friendly and accommodating. As mentioned by a prior reviewer, we had to wait on Collins Blvd to enter the circular driveway for valet parking ($35 per day). We were ok with the wait, because the parking manager approached us in our car with a friendly smile, introduced himself, and assured us he would help us as soon as possible. Check-in was fine. We have Platinum status with H Honors. No upgrades were available that night. We stayed in a regular room with king sized bed. There was no welcome gift left for us in the room (at other hotels we have received a small bottle of wine or other edible treat). The room was clean, but small. The bed was comfortable. They were not able to fit a cot in the small room, so our child slept in bed with us. They provided a crib for the baby. The bathroom and shower were fine. The balcony was large enough to fit a small table and a few chairs, but the view was of a parking garage and the apartment building next door (which is a stone's throw away). As noted by previous reviewer, the elevators were slow. Our beach attendant was Oscar. He was very welcoming and took care of everything we needed. Two lounge chairs were included for all guests for free. We like shade, so we rented a cabana for $38. There is water available to drink at the beach stand and we ordered some alcoholic drinks (expensive) from the waiter who came around to our cabana. The frozen mojito tasted soapy and was not worth the money. (Note: There is a an automatic 18% gratuity added to the bar bill.) My only gripes about the beach were: 1) there was a TON of seaweed on the shore. It would be nice if Hilton would rake that each day. 2) a lot of trash was in the surf. OK that might not be Hilton's fault, but 3) trays of empty drinks and food ordered from the bar were left on the beach for hours after the people had departed. I saw the waiter walk by the trays more than once and not pick it up. Of course, discarded food attracts birds, which is annoying when you are trying to relax on the beach. Next, the pools: they are very small and crowded and the water got murky later in the day. The shower by the pool does not have good water pressure, so it is difficult to remove all the beach sand before getting into the pool. The lounge chairs are on a weird grass. There is a poolside restroom. It is also the most convenient bathroom to the restaurant. At 8 am when we were having breakfast, the women's room was full of sand and the toilets were not particularly clean. I sort of understand that the bathroom would be in that state late in the afternoon, but I did not really understand that they were already dirty first thing in the morning. We did not dine at the restaurant for dinner (we ordered a tasty Thai meal from nearby restaurant Sawadee, which was delivered to the hotel). After eating dinner in the room, we enjoyed the July 4th fireworks on the beach (lots of random people sending off fireworks and a professional display in the distance). All and all we enjoyed our stay for one night, but because the property is small, I would not want to stay here for more than a night or two. Our stay would have been improved had we had a bigger room, better view, more activities, a cleaner beach, and a bigger swimming pool. It also would have been nice to have complimentary FULL breakfast for H Honors Platinum members or at least a welcome gift in the room. I would recommend this hotel for people who like the beach.

• Stayed: July 2014, travelled with family
5  Thank tabascov

Hello,

Thank you for your review.

We are very happy you enjoyed are stay and glad you enjoyed Oscar's service.

Hope to see you soon!