The Setai
If you like this hotel, you might also be interested in
US$538
US$424
Hotel Croydon(Miami Beach)
US$288
US$249
US$295
  • Pool
Fontainebleau Miami Beach(Miami Beach)
US$432
US$221
US$204
  • Beachfront
Grand Beach Hotel(Miami Beach)
US$310
  • Pool
Shore Club South Beach Hotel(Miami Beach)(Great Value!)
US$286
US$252
  • Pool
Eden Roc Miami Beach Resort(Miami Beach)
US$298
US$471
US$432
Orbitz.com
1,175 results
All reviewsapple tvin south beachcourtyard viewbreakfast buffetstudio suitefour seasonsbeach barpool restaurantother hotelsbottled waterbeautiful hotelw hotelpool staffcollins avebottle of champagnethe ritz carltonlong weekend
FilterAll languages
Reviewed 13 January 2012

We stayed here for 3 nights after a conference in Miami. The rooms were spacious and the attention to detail is impressive. You are treated like royalty upon chefk in as they sit you in a private room with refreshments while they prepare your keys, etc. The pool service for drinks and food in also phenomenal. The breakfast buffet, while extensive and very high-end, is fairly expensive. We really enjoyed this hotel.

• Stayed: February 2011, travelled as a couple
1  Thank keithnewhook
Reviewed 6 January 2012

We stayed at The Setai over New Year in a two bedroom apartment suite in The Tower. As mentioned in several other reviews there were many practical problems with things not working (internet,TV,outside line on telephone...) and misunderstandings over housekeeping, room service etc but these were all promptly dealt with by delightful staff and we never regretted our decision to stay there.I think there are issues with the Tower area because many (or even all ?) of these properties are owned by private individuals who offer time to the hotel to rent them out, so the service from the hotel is a little remote. However we loved having the space of the apartment and had the most amazing (after we got over the vertigo from being 20 odd stories up !) view, with the beach to one side and the city to the other. I would recommend this over the slightly more expensive beach front view as you get to see both sides of the city, and the view across to the skyscrapers of Miami was as stunning as the view of the beach, more so at night. We were facing The Shore Club which as some reviews have mentioned does play loud music outdoors but we were sufficiently high up to only noticed this when we sat on our balcony and it was actually quite fun having a pre dinner glass of champagne listening to their music (much cooler than what I have on my i-pod!) watching the scene down below.
We visited many of the other big name hotels (Delano, Shore Club,W, Soho Beach Club) for drinks and dinner but these were a little too '24 hour party' for us . Lovely to experience for a while but nice to escape from, so we are convinced that we chose the most glamorous, stylish and upmarket hotel on South Beach. Being New Year the Setai itself was very busy and perhaps a little less calm than usual or maybe it was just unusual for us to be on a beach holiday in a city environment.
I am usually a spa junkie but on this holiday only had time to book in one massage, on our second last day, and I regretted not having more as it was one of the best I have ever had. Finally the breakfast buffet, particularly the fruit and pastries was the most amazing I have seen in any hotel in 25 years of luxury travel !

• Stayed: December 2011, travelled with family
2  Thank NewYork202
Reviewed 1 January 2012

Absolutely loved everything. Staff extremely attentive and friendly, grounds gorgeous, food excellent. Have absolutely nothing bad to say about this resort. Would move in for the winter if I could! Spa is fantastic. Service unparalleled.

• Stayed: February 2011, travelled as a couple
1  Thank MelisaSingh
Reviewed 15 December 2011

The Setai is about as high-end as one will find. We stayed in a one bedroom unit in the tower for two nights, and it was fabulous. Great views, full kitchen, and a good sized deck overlooking the ocean. The spa is great and the three pools were fantastic (75, 85, and 95 degrees!). The beach area is very nice as well, with plenty of chairs, towels, and water for guests. The only reason I don't give it a full five stars is because of the high costs - a lunch without alcohol on the property will probably run you around $30 per person (with alcohol $50+ pp). Everything is very high end, but be prepared to spend a hefty amount of money. That said, this is a great property for a special occasion, as the level of service is superb.

• Stayed: December 2011, travelled on business
2  Thank ncg1983
Reviewed 12 December 2011

This is our third stay this year at the Setai, I can only say good about this hotel. Readers please bare in mind we are speaking about Miami, and not only Miami but South Beach. I have read a few reviews to feel what others have experienced at this hotel and I must say that either people do not understand the real deal about this hotel or I might be a terrible traveler after having visited most of the best hotels in the world from Asia to Europe and from North to South America.

First things first, is a small hotel compared to the other hotels in Florida, I think it has about 80 rooms, so I have always been welcomed by my name from the doorman to the breakfast staff. Concierge works extremely helpful and front desk is just as fast as you could call and hang up. Engineering mostly impressive (almost too fast), we have experienced brief trouble with our TV and the Shower and they immediately came to our room and fixed everything.

The Rooms are not as you might expect, but come on, isn´t it what you want when you travel? They really manage to bring a little touch from Asia to America. This is a Hotel that belongs to a company that has several hotels in Thailand, Indonesia etc... So what they are good at is bringing the Asian feel to America, as well with their decor, staff, and service. So please for those who say people do not speak english there, just listen a bit carefully they have to speak english to be able to work at this hotel, they might just be a bit shy or timid.

The swimming pool area is just perfect, you can find privacy, and a relaxing atmosphere in South Beach. For those who are looking for a place to see, party and be seen - avoid. This is a hotel for Family, Couples, and Business men as well as people who appreciate quality.

• Stayed: December 2011, travelled with family