US$340
US$414
US$375
Hotels.com
  • Beachfront
Grand Beach Hotel(Miami Beach)(Great Value!)
US$220
US$167
Official Website
Savings alert! 20% below average rates

The price you found is 20% lower than this hotel's average rate of US$208/night.

Eden Roc Miami Beach Resort(Miami Beach)
US$286
US$262
US$340
US$261
Savings alert! 15% below average rates

The price you found is 15% lower than this hotel's average rate of US$306/night.

Mondrian South Beach Hotel(Miami Beach)(Great Value!)
US$193
US$154
Savings alert! 14% below average rates

The price you found is 14% lower than this hotel's average rate of US$180/night.

The Palms Hotel & Spa(Miami Beach)
Free cancellation until 01/08
US$283
US$227
  • Pool
Fontainebleau Miami Beach(Miami Beach)
Free cancellation until 01/08
US$297
US$288
  • Beachfront
Shore Club South Beach Hotel(Miami Beach)(Great Value!)
US$235
US$191
Official Site
  • Pool
Gale South Beach(Miami Beach)(Great Value!)
US$183
US$144
  • Restaurant
1,203 results
All reviewsin south beachcourtyard viewbreakfast buffetfour seasonsstudio suitebeach barpool restaurantother hotelsbottled waterbeautiful hotelpool staffcollins avelong weekendbeach servicelounge chairsart decocotai
Reviewed 6 May 2013

Good welcome. Rooms were well decorated, not particularly conmfortable and over priced.
The lavatory glass door opened the wrong way. Safe needed servicing.
We had dinner in the Oriental restaurant, the chef had obviously never been further east than Coral Gables. My Thai beef salad, had no oriental vegetables or noodles, my wife's crispy dusk was soggy and the wine list extremely expensive.
The breakfast buffet was outstanding
The 3 swimming pools of various temperatures looked good, but the shallow patch in the middle, skinned ones knees while doing laps.

Would I stay here again - no. The South Beach W is so much better in every way -except the breakfast.

• Stayed: May 2013, travelled with family
    • Check-in / front desk
Reviewed 4 May 2013

This hotel doesn't miss a beat with their attention to details. The rooms were spacious and perfectly appointed. A perfect example of the detail was the jewelery box in the safe. The breakfast buffet was complete, and tasty. The pools were great and the cabana boys were unbelievably attentive. We didnt eat at the restaurant in the hotel for lunch or dinner, so i cannot comment, but we did drink at the bar. The drinks were well prepared and the food others ordered looked and smelled delicious. They have a car to take you to your local destinations (though they dont pick up), and the driver will happily point out all he local hotspots if you ask. We will be coming back, miss it already.

Stayed: May 2013, travelled as a couple
1  Thank ny_skier_2011
Reviewed 3 May 2013

We visited the Setai, Miami Beach at the End of April. The hotel is beautiful, and very peaceful. We didn't even feel like we were in South Beach, Miami, but instead at a beautiful Asian resort. The staff was very friendly and helpful, The rooms are beautiful and the General Manager Mr. Richter is a class act! Although with friend it was still wonderful, I would recommend this hotel for Couples Mostly, and anyone looking for a chill vacation in the sun, the pool is beautiful! I will recommend the Setai, Miami Beach to everyone I know going to Miami, and I hope to return again soon.

• Stayed: April 2013, travelled with friends
1  Thank geniaprimis
Reviewed 27 April 2013

I do not understand why Setai isn't in the top 10 hotels in Miami. And totally disagree with tripadvisor's number 1 ranked Betsy. My husband and I have stayed at the Betsy and found their rooms small and the overall property just okay. Not a ton of luxury or space at the Betsy. In general, rooms in Sobe are small and we were looking for more space. We scored with our studio suite at the Setai, unit 401 which we booked on vrbo.

After a week at the Setai, we can't imagine staying anywhere else. The front desk clerk walked us to our rooms and gave us a tour of the features. That set a really nice tone to our stay. The door men always opened doors and greeted us warmly. And the bell captain was very hospitable.

Our studio room felt spacious and well laid out. The bed was relaxing.They had a great illy coffee machine and a fine breakfast tea that we really enjoyed. There's a his and hers closet. A safe, nice furniture. Housekeeping and turn down service were great. Each night at turn down, a different delicious chocolate was left on our bed. And the day we checked in, we were greated with strawberries and chocolates too. Nice small details. We slept like logs here and our room 401 was very quiet. We never heard our neighbors. We loved the pool area. Three pools at different temperatures. The beach loungers were really comfy and the guys who set up our stations were always really nice and set them up with just the amount of shade/sun that we requested. A few tripadvisor reviews claimed the service here wasn't up to par, but we disagree. Overall, we thought the service here was warm and attentive.

The food here is surprisingly good. We don't normally eat at hotel restaurants, but we kept coming back because their food was delicious. The breakfast buffet is like a Vegas style parade of food. It's expensive at $36 pp plus 20% grat, but not bad for a splurge. And the bar and lounge food had small plates that we really enjoyed. We were surprised to find decent dim sum served here. And they had a nice beef steak salad too.

There were a few areas that could use improvement. Service for drinks and food at the pool can be slow at times. And one day, we literally waited 30 minutes for our drinks we ordered at the beach. But service at pools and beach are always difficult to get right. The gym is small, but adequate. And indoor hallways were always freezing.

But overall, the Setai is a five star property. If you're into luxury travel, I'd highly recommend.

Room Tip: If you're an Amex holder, book your room through Amex and you can get comp breakfast for two daily. It's totally worth the value.
  • Stayed: April 2013, travelled as a couple
4  Thank marinasurferchick
Reviewed 22 April 2013

Just returned from a long weekend at the Setai with my husband. Gorgeous property.

What we loved:

- Proximity to South Beach nightlife. Easy walk to W, Delano, etc. for nightlife.
- Oasis feel. So peaceful - unlike so many SoBe places. The pool area feels like another planet.
- Host at the restaurant. Went there for breakfast and he was incredibly attentive. Even though I arrived just as breakfast was closing he made me feel welcome and made sure I wasn't rushed.
- Q, the bartender. He rocks. And introduced us to a tasty new drink with a chili pepper in it.
- Our room. We were in the Art Deco main building. The condos looks terrific too, but we were perfectly happy in our place - large room, had all the amenities (robes, good wine in mini-bar, etc) that made us feel special.
- Beach. Great set-up,. By far the Setai's beach lounges were superior to the other hotel's set-ups! And they were great about adjusting the umbrellas, etc when we were settling in.
- Our room wasn't ready at check-in so while we waited for about 15 mins they kindly offered us free cocktails (which usually go for $18 each) at the bar. It was worth the wait for our room!

What we didn't love:
- The slow service everywhere except by the above-mention bartender and breakfast host.Was hard to track down servers at the pool and on the beach.
- Ordering a poolside beer took 10 mins to find the server and another 15 minutes (really) before it arrived. And it wasn't busy at all. The servers were very polite but then disappeared for way too long before arriving with the order. Slow service each time we were at the pool - a total of four orders. And once they messed up the order. I do have to say that as a result, the did give us complimentary beer and wine and they were very apologetic, but still, the delays were horrible.
- Food prices. Ridiculously pricy....but so is all of South Beach! The breakfast was amazing (I had an omelette) and dinner was very good.
- Spa - was smaller than I imagined it would be. While you are waiting for your treatment, you sit in the lobby where others are checking in for treatments. I had a bikini wax which I only noticed after I'd left was a bad job - I won't go into details but they were not thorough. And the woman who gave me my treatment had me wait with her while she replaced the sheets and cleaned up before walking me down for check-out, which seemed odd to me.

We will come here again but use a different spa at another hotel and hope to see faster service at the pool and on the beach.

• Stayed: April 2013, travelled as a couple