“Just Great”

Ranked #6 of 208 Hotels in Miami Beach
Chicago, Illinois
“Just Great”
Reviewed 22 November 2013

This Hotel has all you need, a perfect place for food, relax and high level of professionalism and hospitality.
From the time you check to the time you check out you feel in heaven.
Located in a super area and steps from the beach... but I preferred the pool.
Will definitely return and recommend it.

• Stayed August 2013, travelled on business

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (128)
  • Korean first
  • Turkish first
London, United Kingdom
Reviewed 17 November 2013

My wife and I booked the The Setai in Miami Beach last minute after we had change a change of itinerary for our honeymoon and had to stay there for a final night in Miami. We booked our room through Tablet an hour before arrival, and from the moment we arrived we didn't regret it. Stunning two floor suite, impeccable service, and fantastic amenities including a luxury spa. All at great value. Truly a 5 star hotel. Could not recommend highly enough.

• Stayed November 2013, travelled as a couple
McLean, Virginia
Reviewed 13 November 2013

I booked my trip through AMEX fine hotel properties and when I arrived I wasnt upgraded even though better rooms were available... I got into my regular room(#606) and my safe wasnt working(they had to replace the safe) and then my key card to get into the room wasnt working so I had to use a HARD key to get into my room for the remainder of the trip(they did offer to switch me out ot another room but I didnt want to move all my stuff). Even after all the probelms I cant say anything bad about this place because of the service!! I was here 6 months ago and they remembered my name before I even walked in the front door!! If there was any problems they made SURE it was taken care of. Even after a few issues I cant give this place anything less than 5 stars. The only complaint I can give is that they didnt upgrade me to a better room even though better rooms were available.

• Stayed November 2013, travelled solo
1 Thank asingh0267
Carluke
Reviewed 3 November 2013

Public areas, rooms and service were all fantastic with the exception of a crowded pool area. The other guests were 'interesting'; I have never seen so much silicone and plastic surgery in evidence in my entire life. The bar and the American restaurant were good.

Ultimately I didn't like Miami Beach at all. From a UK visitor's point of view, not a patch on Manhatten, San Francisco or even Chicago or Boston. Not the hotel's fault of course, but staying in a 5 star hotel in the middle of what felt like a giant red light district didn't tick my boxes. If this is your scene, then the Setai delivers without question.

Stayed April 2013, travelled as a couple
1 Thank Lewis V
Dubai, United Arab Emirates
Reviewed 16 October 2013

Stayed in the Setai for a couple of nights on vacation with wife. Second time in Miami in a few years after staying at the Tides the last time. Different style of hotel. Rooms are ok but with not much of a view. Pool area is nice. Restaurant was closed for reno on our stay.

• Stayed August 2013, travelled as a couple
2 Thank Derek G
Round Hill, VA
Reviewed 16 October 2013

My friend's husband planned an amazing getaway for his wife's birthday and selected The Setai as the hotel. What amazing taste he has! We had a suite with full kitchen and views of both the ocean and the inner-waterway. When we entered our room, we were greeted with a chilled bottle of champagne and birthday cake and a birthday card from the hotel. The staff at The Setai were so kind and helpful. The food, both room service and restaurant, was very good. The spa smelled heavenly and my massage was very relaxing (but he did end a few minutes shy of the full time...) The gym was well equiped and filled with light. The only down side to the whole weekend was that the pools were closed for renovation. But, that left the beach and the beach was great. The water was warm, the service was prompt and the drinks were cold. I cannot wait to return.

• Stayed October 2013, travelled with friends
Hangzhou, China
Reviewed 11 October 2013

Our plan was living in Madrian Orient or Four Seasons during the stay in Miami, Florida. But The Satei had a discount during summer that it provided full service including parking, breakfast, wifi and taxes within $500, then we preorderd two city view rooms. The surprise started in the lobby. We were served with mint tea and cold towel smelling like lemon, just like the management of GHM before. The upgrade of room was unexpected that our city view rooms were changed into sea view suite. There were all kinds of equipments including kitchen, laundry, dryer, wine holder, and fridge full of food. Outside of living room and bedroom, it had huge balcony facing the sea. The hotel spoted in the center of the city, South Beach, which was ten minute walk to Lincoln St. Distinguishing from Ritz Calton and W aside, The Satei was more concerning on keeping a low key and oriental Zen Style. There were about 170 rooms, and most of the guests were from Europe. The breakfast was delicate and the service was considerable. Waiters could remember your favorite taste the next day, and they would talk to you by knowing who you are. The software of this hotel was much better than the ones in China. In the morning of our last stay, because of the flight, the breakfast arrived on time at 4:30 in the morning. All the food and silverware were placed carefully. The disappointment was that the pool was having a renew during our stay.

Room Tip: Sea view suite