“Great Hotel not so GREAT Staff”
Review of The Setai

The Setai
Ranked #6 of 208 Hotels in Miami Beach
Miami, Florida
“Great Hotel not so GREAT Staff”
Reviewed 19 February 2014

I’ve stayed at The Setai Hotel many times in the past but recently bought a house on the beach so; regrettably we don’t stay at the hotel. But, come by the restaurants as much as possible.
I see so many new people some of our old favorites. The pools look new but we can’t eat at the pool bar anymore because were not staying there. However Ms. Jill the new manager was so nice and professional that she explained all of the new things going on at the pool and soon I will be able to enjoy looking at the beach and drink one of thier handcrafted beverages from the best bartenders on south beach!
I was not sure if I should leave a review because I like the property and I’m not sure the hotel even reads them but, I figured since I’m not a hotel guest that they wouldn’t listen to my complaints anyway.
Love ,love the place don’t love the rude tower staff. I was looking for the bathroom and was a little turned around and I was trying to ask someone at the front desk for directions.
If the staff wasn’t so preoccupied by their cell phones and personal conversations then maybe you can get help. When I finally did get help I was met with attitude. She told me her name but I didn’t care to hear it because I felt like I was terrible for asking a question and I had interrupted her time. I was going to ask for the manager to complain but she said she was the manager I thought to myself forget it!
As a whole, it’s the best on the beach!! Just don’t find yourself asking for the bathroom!

Stayed February 2014, travelled as a couple
3 Thank Frankie W

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (126)
  • Korean first
  • Turkish first
Reviewed 14 February 2014 via mobile

During our stay of one week at the Setai we had a way to appreciate the high quality that this hotel offers. Eventhough our room was the most economic it was really nice, comfortable and with a nice living area and bathroom. The hotel in the other zones is really nice, the outdoor area with pool and spa were fabulous. The staff in all the zones was really gentle and always available. The concierge members were really available and would reserve all the attractions and activities you would like to do during your stay in Miami. I really reccomend this hotel for a luxorious stay in Mjami.

New Jersey, USA
Reviewed 14 February 2014

It was one of our several stays a the Setai Tower over the several years and it is still one of the best Hotels I know. Great area of SB, pool facilities, rooms, restaurants are so good that you never want to leave. Staff is excellent and we love the breakfast and very comfortable beach chairs. The only two things to mention are cost of everything at the hotel (high :) and TV remote that can be a little less complicated to use. But I guess it is not a problem for the kids.

• Stayed February 2014, travelled with family
2 Thank EAS21
norwood
Reviewed 6 February 2014

There is one 5 star location in Miami and it is the Setai - no question. But since the management/ownership changed some things changes also for the guest - and some of these changes might not be for the best. Let´s pick valet parking; during our 8 day stay we where presented with more than 5 different cars due to mix ups and waited an average of 25 minutes to get your car. We suggest to change or challenge the 3rd party valet car company to get them up to the same service speed this 5 star landmark demands. Lets move to food. Why the new ownership skipped the best peking duck restaurant in town is a miracle, but the new restaurants is mostly empty and a new/international interpretation of italian food is not innovative at all. If there is any chance to switch back to the peking duck, please do so to please your longtime and returning guest. And let the beach personal get a supervisor to put themselves into a 5 star service attire all the way - we had some lazy days where the beach was a service desert.

• Stayed February 2014, travelled with family
4 Thank happa00
London, United Kingdom
Reviewed 4 February 2014

This is not the first time we were staying in this hotel. This time we found the service under average compared with other hotels of this category we are used to, especially when you pay over $2000 a night.
The room are large and pleasant although the noise insulation is far from being perfect. The valet parking requires every time a long wait, the room service is slow. You do not feel like you get what you expected for your money. The restaurants that we tried i.e The Grill and the pool bar have been disastrous. In both places we waited for ever before getting the dishes and when delivered this was very mediocre.
We will not come back.

Room Tip: High floor, ocean front
  • Stayed January 2014, travelled with family
3 Thank jmLondon845
Peoria, Illinois
Reviewed 29 January 2014

Nice hotel. A bit pricey, which I typically don't mind. My main problem with the place is that I was told one of their three pools was heated to 90 degrees. When I was there, the pools were all too chilly to set foot in. I was told that the pool heaters couldn't keep up with the cooler air temperatures that time of year. I subsequently stayed at a hotel in Palm Beach where the air temperature was the same but they managed to keep a much larger pool plenty warm. They seem to try, and take good care of guests. So a generally positive experience.

• Stayed January 2014, travelled on business
Paris, France
Reviewed 22 January 2014 via mobile

My girlfriend and I spent the Most wonderful week of holidays of our life!
From our arrival to our departure everything was great ,
The room was gorgeous , the bar is a must see in Sobe, our diner at the Grill restaurant was excellent.
The daily breakfast in the courtyard was amazing, the welcoming smile of the Hostess , the service and the quality and variety of food provided.
Top notch service at the pool and Beach what a wonderful atmosphere . The frozen cocktail were excellent.
Once again thank you for this mémorable week!

Stayed January 2014, travelled as a couple