Had high expectations based on reviews read on Trip Advisor and on the experiences of friends who have visited the hotel. Overall, I enjoyed our stay and the hotel lived up to my high expectations. It is a beautiful resort with every luxury expected in a five star destination. Location in heart of South Beach is huge plus. It is nicest hotel I have stayed in in the South Beach area and I find it far superior to the other five star hotels in South Beach.
Its important to know that the rooms within each category are not all the same. Layouts vary significantly. We were given a room that was very different from the courtyard suites pictured on website. I was expecting double vanities -as per website description of my reserved room -and our room did not have them. To our surprise, on a holiday fully booked weekend, we were given- without being told in advance - a room equipped for guests with disabilities outfitted with special handrails and other modifications. It was not what we expected on our vacation.When we tried to switch, there were almost no options for us. We had to wait until next morning and tried again with a different manager and were given a different room that offered a better layout although in a noisy location at the hotel. We took it! We spent a lot of our valuable vacation time dealing with the numerous front desk managers on duty trying to get placed in a room worth the price this hotel commands and charges. To their credit, management was very nice about our request to switch rooms and made every effort to accommodate within the category we booked -but sadly for us it took persistence and much effort on our part and we lost time and gained aggravation in a short vacation. This took its toll on the experience and quality of our stay. However it is likely just a rare incident that most guests do not have to worry about.
The beds are very comfortable and the crisp well pressed linens and down pillows are amazing. The blackout electro shades ensure a deep sleep.The bathrooms are nice and the rain shower with excellent water pressure delivers a spa like experience. The breakfast buffet is wonderful and fully staffed by excellent attentive servers. Don't miss the great cappuccino. The beach is lovely and the lounge chairs are large and comfortable. Umbrellas are provided at no extra charge as well as sunscreen and chilled Voss water. The courtyard is stunning and offers a great setting to meet friends for a drink before dinner. The doorman are very attentive and there is a hotel car available for complimentary short rides.
Overall an excellent hotel with well trained polite staff. I expect to return when in the area.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- The Setai is an intimate, serene oceanfront resort in the heart of South Beach. Its design vision artfully combines the rich architectural history of the neighborhood and its cultural diversity with the International Art Deco movement, particularly its influence in Asia. Our new restaurant, Jaya, invites you to discover a menu that dedicated to the traditional flavors and dishes of Asia from China, India, Thailand and Japan. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Expedia, Booking.com, LoveHolidays, Travel Republic (UK), Hotels.com, getaroom.com, Ebookers, HotelQuickly, Evoline ltd, Cancelon, TripOnline SA and 5viajes2012 S.L. so you can book your The Setai reservations with confidence. We help millions of travellers each month to find the perfect hotel for both holiday and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- The Setai Hotel Miami Beach
- Setai Hotel Miami Beach
- Setai Miami Beach
- The Setai Miami Beach, Florida