“Design haven”

1818 Meridian House
Ranked #8 of 29 Miami Beach B&B and Inns
Reviewed 12 April 2014

I stayed 5 nights at 1818 Meridian and was very happy with my choice. It is serviced apartments, not a hotel, but this is exactly what I was looking for after staying in hotels for 10 nights before getting there! We were in room 23. It was very nicely laid out. Quiet. Spotlessly clean. Equipped with everything one might need (dishes, cutlery, coffee machine, microwave, dishwasher, etc.). I was concerned with the check-in as previous reviews made it sound cumbersome. We had no issue whatsoever. They wrote to us before our arrival to check our arrival time, were in touch regularly and made us feel welcome. Wi-fi was good. There are several bus stops nearby making it easy to roam around the city. It is very close to the beach, Lincoln road, Espanola Way. There are many stores nearby. I would recommend without hesitation. Only negative point is the price of parking, I find it expensive (USD 25 per night), although in all fairness, it is the same as on other properties!

• Stayed: April 2014, travelled as a couple
3  Thank Feriel_Brux
esanchezvegas, Public Relations Manager at 1818 Meridian House, responded to this reviewResponded 15 April 2014

Thanks Feriel – high praise coming from you! Thank you for being our guest and thank you for sharing your positive experience of 1818 Meridian House with other Tripadvisor readers.
Amiga

Elizabeth

Reviewed 17 February 2014

I arrive at a gate with taped instructions on how to enter. No one answers the office phone so I get my cell out to call. Not ideal entry. Then they try to put me in a room about 20 feet from the street with outside door and window access. Not safe for a single female. I was eventually able to move once they found my reservation (sitting on their desk). It was a total disaster of a check in. I was eventually moved to a room in the back of the space where I could hear everything (including phone calls) from the person above me. The sheets were brand new leaving them to feel like sandpaper. Great location. It looked good but wasn't worth it.

Room Tip: Ask for an upstairs room! No pool and no workout facilities.
  • Stayed: January 2014, travelled on business
3  Thank LizardE2013
Reviewed 9 February 2014

Carefully designed and executed 1 and 2 bedroom apartments across from the Convention Center near Lincoln Road. Our unit was quiet and pleasant.
The apartments are comfortable and spacious with comfortable beds, fully equipped kitchens and nice bathrooms, good wifi and tv. Everything you need for a pleasant Miami Beach vacation.

Make sure you get there early as it seems arrival after 6 pm is problematic requiring an extra fee. I think the property would be better classified as serviced apartments as there is no front desk as one would expect in a hotel. Although we checked in without any problem the check-in process seemed a bit mysterious beforehand.

Overall a great property to which we'll look forward to returning.

Room Tip: We were on the second floor towards the rear...it was quiet...there wasn't a whole lot of traffi...
  • Stayed: February 2014, travelled with family
2  Thank JSJ18
Reviewed 9 February 2014

everything was perfect, very clean,modern and comfortable.Negative aspects: the bathroom is only one for 4 people, the parking is small and should be included in the overall cost, wifi not so powerful

• Stayed: February 2014, travelled with friends
Review collected in partnership with this hotel
Reviewed 24 January 2014

I booked a room for a long weekend in South Beach. The hotel is situated next to a large parking lot and to very busy meridian ave. I was dissapointed with the room. There was a strange smell that I could not identify. After two days I was moved to another room which was really unacceptable. To move to a nice room I had to pay another 180 USD on top...so a total of 470 USD...for that price you can go to the nice resorts in south beach..I felt ripped off and would not recommend this hotel to others.

• Stayed: January 2014, travelled solo
11  Thank ehornstein
esanchezvegas, Public Relations Manager at 1818 Meridian House, responded to this reviewResponded 3 February 2014

Dear Guest:

First, let me apologize for the fact that your stay did not meet your expectations.
We try to provide the most honest, descriptive information possible about our business, policies and practices so that all prospective guests’ can make informed, accurate decisions about whether or not to stay with us and which of our room types most suits them.

It is always our goal for our guests to leave the 1818 Meridian House with the most positive and memorable experience and we’re sorry to hear that you did not feel your stay was all you hoped for.

If you have any questions or comments or would like to get in touch with me, please feel free to email me directly at esanchezvegas@eskapenow.com

BTW: The details in this review are not 100% honest. Based on our history on Trip Advisor and other consumer websites we are highly regarded for our service and accommodations.

Elizabeth Sanchez Vegas

Reviewed 9 January 2014

Here is a little gem. Don't be put off by the fact that it is a little walk to the main hot spots - that is an advantage! This end of Lincoln road is much more sophisticated than the lower end and quieter with some good coffee shops, bars and restaurants and the really good restaurants on Collins are not so far away either!

The rooms are beautifully equipped, everything is sparkling white and brand new and sheets, pillows and towels of the highest order. Everything is there in the apartment (dishwasher, cooker, microwave, washing machine & dryer, hairdryer) plus iron and ironing board, plenty of hanging storage and drawers, TV's everywhere and state of the art communication systems as well as free WiFi. We could not have been made more welcome and soon settled into our apartment. It's only little so they can care for you better and therefore doesn't have a pool, but the beach isn't that far away where you can rent a lounger and umbrella for the day. Perhaps providing beach towels might be a thought for the future so that no guest is tempted to take the fluffy white towels out of the condo!

So - if you are after a private self-catering apartment with lots of space, this is just right, and a welcome haven away from the crowds!

Room Tip: I don't think there is much to choose between them - ours' was two rooms (which means a doub...
  • Stayed: January 2014, travelled as a couple
3  Thank DalgersP
esanchezvegas, Public Relations Manager at 1818 Meridian House, responded to this reviewResponded 13 January 2014

Dear Devorah:

Thank you so much for taking the time to write such great things about our hotel and service here at 1818 Meridian House. We are truly happy to hear that you enjoyed our amenities and had comfortable stay with us.

We hope to see you again!

Regards
Elizabeth Sanchez Vegas

Reviewed 1 January 2014

We were a party if four, two adults and two teenagers.
The room is modern, comfy and well equipped with a big kitchen.
Only one bathroom though.
Great position near Lincoln road, and not to far from beaches.
Parking place if you have a car are available,
Nice surroundings and nice furniture make Italy an ideal place.

• Stayed: December 2013, travelled with family
1  Thank Nicola G
esanchezvegas, Public Relations Manager at 1818 Meridian House, responded to this reviewResponded 2 January 2014

Dear Nicola, thank you for taking the time to share your past experience at 1818 Meridian House. We are delighted to read your comments.Thank you again for posting your review! Looking forward to your return visit!
Best regards