“Great Location” 5 of 5 bubbles

Ranked #124 of 206 Hotels in Miami Beach
Dallas, Texas
“Great Location”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 7 June 2011

The Congress Hotel is a great hotel located on South Beach. I mean you can not ask for a better location. Located right on 10th and Ocean you are near many of the party spots not to mention the beautiful beach. The only problem i had was the lack of sheets for the pull out sofa on one particular evening, but the next evening, we had no problem recieving those things. The hotel staff is great! I look forward to returning next time when I am in SoBe....

• Stayed June 2011, travelled with friends
    • 4 of 5 bubbles
congressmanagement, General Manager at Congress Hotel South Beach, responded to this review, 16 June 2011
Thank you so much for staying at The Congress Hotel South Beach during your recent visit to Miami Beach/South Beach.

We are so grateful for your feedback, and we thank you for taking the time to review your experience on TripAdvisor.

We hope to see you again soon!

Claudio Bono

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (182)
  • Arabic first
Atlanta, Georgia
2 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 4 June 2011

I stayed at this hotel when it was The Strand in 2010, my friends and I enjoyed our stay. Not the Ritz, but the it was clean and the staff was fabulous, and you can't beat the location! We decided to return this year in May. What a difference a year and new management makes! The hotel is now the Congress. I was amazed at how far down this hotel had sunk. It was basically the same room, though not quite as fresh... and the location was the same but our stay was less than stellar. The service was lousy my friends could not get toilet paper for their room. No towels for the beach or pool. I had to call down twice to get my room cleaned even though it was almost evening. The staff...from bellmen to front desk to managment all gave inferior service. Needless to say, we will not stay at the Congress on our next trip to Miami. I never write reviews but this time I felt I just had to warn folks. Stay Away!!! Great location but not worth the aggravation.

• 2 of 5 bubbles
    • 2 of 5 bubbles
3 Thank roadrunner057
Thank you for your feedback.

We pride ourselves at The Congress Hotel South Beach in offering personalized service at the highest standards, and the details which you had noted with our Housekeeping department is not the experience which we strive to provide to our guests. During Memorial day weekend, our Housekeeping department had multiple challenges.

We would welcome an opportunity to discuss these issues further with you and can be contacted at cbono@congresshotelsouthbeach.com .

Kind Regards
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 19 May 2011

I went to Miami with my 3 friends. We booked this hotel based on the rooftop pool. Little did we know we would have an AMAZING view anyway. We received exceptional servoce from 3 gentlemen in particular: Jeffrey, Adrian & Daniel. They were courteous, helpful, knowledgeable & FUNNY!

We had a GREAT view of Ocean Drive & the ocean. The room was well appointed. My friend came home & searched high & low for the same refrigerator we had in our kitchen area, which we LOVED! If you are one of those people that complains about every little thing, this is not the place for you. For instance, it was noisy because we were on the main drag & we understood that. We had a wall of floor to ceiling windows and we would sit there for hours when we needed a break from the Florida sun.

There were some glitches in service, but they were corrected fairly quickly and with a smile. The resort fee was well worth it because the beach chairs & breakfast daily made our day! I look forward to staying here again SOON! Thanks to Jeffrey, Adrian & Daniel for making a great trip even GREATER!

1 Thank cbri
congressmanagement, General Manager at Congress Hotel South Beach, responded to this review, 21 June 2011
Thank you so much for your kind comments!
I am happy to see you found our staff to be helpful and that you enjoyed your stylish suite. Thanks again and we look forward to your speedy return. Take care and warm regards.
Best regards,

Port Saint Lucie, Florida
1 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 11 May 2011

I stayed at this hotel after spending a week at sea on the Carnival Valor in the Western Carribean. We arrived early and our room was not ready. It took them all day to get our room ready and when we got to the room it was in horrible condition. My husband and I had to sleep on the pull out couch... UGH! it was dirty and nasty and we had to get a new mattress put on the bed so that we did not fall through. The chair in the room was stained and horrible. The patio covered in cigarette butts.. I requested extra pillows that never came and it took 3 hours for them to deliver toilet paper to the room. This might be a central location on South Beach... but just beware!

2 Thank Jacquie47
congressmanagement, General Manager at Congress Hotel South Beach, responded to this review, 17 May 2011
Thank you for taking the time to offer your feedback. We regret to learn of the challenges you experienced during your recent visit. Our check in time is 4 pm. Our hotel is booked solid most of the time since guests enjoy their accommodation and are extending it. It is challenging to have a room ready prior to check in time. We are, however, always doing our best to accommodate early arrivals. I am happy to inform you that we are changing our sofa's and TV's. The light cream color makes it obvious that some furniture may be stained. I reviewed your pictures but was not able to point out problems with it. Our trained and professional staff members would have been happy to change you room/suite immediately. Please feel free to contact me so that we can discuss your stay further. Looking forward to hearing from you,

cbono@congresshotelsouthbeach.com
Burlington, Canada
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 9 May 2011

My husband and I stayed over for one night at the Congress in January. We arrived around noon and our room wasn't ready but no problem they called us about 45 minutes later and let us know it was. They ended up putting us in the hotel next to the Congress actually I think it was called The Strand... Anyways, it was quite nice. It had a little living room with a kitchenette complete with full size fridge, dishwasher, and stovetop. Amazing bathroom with deep soaker tub and rainfall shower. The bed was not the most comfy ever but not bad. There was actually 2 "mini" tv's, one the bedroom and one in the living room. Everything was perfectly clean and tidy. The only thing was the in-room safe didn't work.. oh well.

The cool thing about this hotel is definitely the rooftop top. It was so nice to be able to lounge by the pool and still be able to see the ocean. We will definitely go back!

• Stayed January 2011, travelled as a couple
    • 4 of 5 bubbles
congressmanagement, General Manager at Congress Hotel South Beach, responded to this review, 11 May 2011
Thank you for taking the time to offer your feedback. We are happy to hear you had a great time while staying at the Congress Hotel. Please note that the Congress Hotel has a total of 5 buildings. We used to be known as The Strand Hotel. Referring to the "mini Tv's", I am happy to inform you that we are changing our TV's and installing new plasma TV by the end of June 2010. Feel free to contact me should you come back to Miami. We would be happy to see you coming back!

King regards,
Tampa, Florida
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 4 May 2011

I, too, like other's who have posted about their experience at the Congress, was somewhat hesitant about booking there due to the poor reviews on here. However, I took the chance because there still were many great reviews, and the location and price can't be beat. Well, let me say...I WILL DEFINITELY BE RETURNING HERE! My experience at the Congress was perfect. The room was huge, clean, and was ready when we arrived at 2pm. The bed was extremely comfortable, and the bathroom was very nice. The front desk staff as well as the valet staff was friendly, professional, and courteous. The kitchen was great to have. The location was awesome-right across from the beach and right in the middle of everything! The beach chairs were a great plus - we traveled with a large group and they gave us as many as wanted. Breakfast was delicious! I can't say enough good things about my experience staying at the Congress. Without a doubt, I would stay here again next time I am in South Beach. Everyone in my large group agreed with this as well, some of whom have worked in the hotel industry!

Stayed May 2011, travelled with friends
4 Thank TripTrip520
congressmanagement, General Manager at Congress Hotel South Beach, responded to this review, 5 May 2011
Thank you for taking the time to offer your feedback. We are happy to hear you and your group had a great time while staying at the Congress Hotel! Feel free to contact me should you come back to Miami. We would be happy to see you coming back!

5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 1 May 2011

Why is this property gets killed by reviews? It is soooo the opposite, I am so glad I have a brain and I can test things on my own.... I decided to give it a try and I am glad I did!
Not only the comments here are unfounded, I believe now that negative reviews are truly made up by crazy lunatics.
1- my room was the largest I ever had in south beach
2- yes, my sofa is in need of change but at least I had the opportunity to ask the general manager what was the plan....and not only the general manager took the time to speak with me, but told me plans are on the way to change them (glad cause I will return), sofa are stained but not dirty (you don't need to be Einstein to figure out that they are stained due to the fact it's a cream colour duuuuhhhh).
4-the staff is so accommodating, nice, young, energetic, loved the atmosphere. They are dedicated and professional. Loved it, they were sold out when I got there and were not pressured ...they were relaxed and made sure anyone in lobby waiting for their room were processed as soon as possible. Kealy the front desk was smiling and friendly, and efficient.
I met with the gm and he also gave me business card so that whenever I come back, I just need to email him directly. This is a great hotel led by great guy. The place needs some upgrade but truly does not deserve the type of reviews seen...
I was told plans are under way to enhance the hotel (new sofa soon and larger tv's) my room needs new curtains and that's on the way too. Gm wants me to come back to see difference. Once you know the problem for yourself, you can't complain. It's a 3.5 star...you hater act as if it was a 5 star...get real.... Seriously...some trip advisor review-errs needs to get checked...something is wrong with you....
Highly recommend. If you are someone who is "normal" and does not act like a diva....this is the place....perfect location, great prices, largest accommodation, super friendly staff....awesome lights at night and most importantly, super clean!!!!!!!!!!
Test it for yourself, can't stand people putting fake reviews and say it's horrible when it's totally the opposite. Haters, go to ritz Carlton (where you will still be complaining). The dj in pool was amazing, pool bar tender is great! Will be back.

• Stayed April 2011
3 Thank Drue10
Thank you for taking the time to offer your feedback.
The Congress Hotel will complete refurbishments (Plasma TV's and new Sofa's) by mid June 2010. We look forward to see you soon!