“Great 15th Anniversary Vacation”

Suites at Congress Ocean Drive
Ranked #153 of 212 Hotels in Miami Beach
Reviewed 25 July 2013

It was an amazing hotel and midst of it all; great location and beautiful view. We had such a great time and the staff was extremely helpful, from security to management. We were told prior to booking the hotel if we are looking for a relaxing hotel, this wasn't it, since it was party hotel. I can see why, since at 3 a.m. the party outside was still going on. Although, once inside it was quiet and you didn't hear anything outside. Beach right across the street, shopping around the corner, great breakfast on every corner, a nice cuban restaurant within walking distance and the night life, was just - right from music, lights, drinks, bars, and plenty of dancing around. I believe that Congress Hotel South Beach was the place to stay for what we were looking for. Beautiful view from the top of the hotel where I may add is the pool "WHAT", AND they had a D.J. on the roof top.
Great place would definitely recommend it and do it again!!!! Special thank you to Elinor and Paula!

• Stayed: May 2013, travelled as a couple
Write a ReviewReviews (1,381)

Reviewed 24 July 2013

Overall, all aspects of property is great. BUT..... Upon arrival of the hotel, Checkin was running smooth. Showed ID/credit card. Next day went to rent a car and couldn't find my license or credit card. Front desk overnight guy kept it! That's one disaster. Then the next day I call the front desk in the afternoon to have my room cleaned by the maid because will be out and coming back at 4am. Asked him twice if he's sure he'll get the maid to come to the room and he told me not to worry about it. After a long, tiresome day, I come back late night to find the room still a mess w/towels on floor and sheets not cleaned! At this point I thought of never coming back to this place again. Luckily the next day i saw the bellman by the name of Brian. I let him know what has happened and how dissatisfied we were. He looked very busy but still gave time to listen and be very nice and even went out of his way to grab us some lemonade from the restaurant next door since it was such a hot day. Everyday after that he would always greet us and ask if we needed help with absolutely anything. Because of him i dont think about the front desk agents and only about the wonderful property the congress hotel is. Thanks Brian!

• Stayed: July 2013
Reviewed 24 July 2013

Went to miami for my 21st birthday with a few friends, was originally supposed to be staying at the Catalina but it was FILTHY so we had to find a new hotel once we arrived. I went to the Catalina and spoke with Calvin and he really helped us and gave a good room with a good price. The hotel location was perfect right across from the beach, down the block from the Clevelander and Mangos and surrounded by a whole bunch of restaurants. Its five minute walk from most of the clubs and a Walgreens in case you need to purchase anything. Room was spotless with two stand on balconies and housekeeping came every morning to clean up. the view from the rooftop pool is amazing. Would definitely stay again!

• Stayed: July 2013, travelled with friends
Reviewed 23 July 2013

This was by far the best hotel I have been at in MIA. .Me and my friends loved the the roof top pool ad the view. The hotel staff was awesome.The hotel staff was very friendly and attentive to our requests and to help us in any way possible Rafael help us out a lot with telling us the good place to go in Mia and help us out with whatever we needed. Me and my friends said everytime we go to Mia that is the places to stay

• Stayed: July 2013, travelled with friends
Reviewed 9 July 2013

My boyfriend and I were at the Congress Hotel South Beach June 30- July3rd. We reserved a room with oceanfront view and a balcony and we got a room with view to trees and no balcony. We requested to be changed but the rooms with balconies were sold out, but the manager did offer a better room for the remaining days. The next day we checked in to a much larger room with a great view and a balcony in our room and a balcony that wrapped around outside the living room. It was so much fun just sitting outside in our balcony people watching and enjoying the ocean breeze. It was definitely worth the wait. Louis was one of the staff members that stood out for us because he was so helpful and friendly. He suggested places to go and just made us feel welcomed. Loved happy hour from 5pm-6pm at the rooftop pool and the pool party on Sunday. First day for sure wasnt the best but the rest of the trip was awesome. We are already planning to return before the year is over. See you soon Congress Hotel!!!

• Stayed: June 2013, travelled as a couple
1  Thank grace05
Reviewed 5 July 2013

I stayed at the congress hotel with a group of 4 girls to celebrate my bday and we stayed for 4 days, i was extremely impressed on how clean and spacious the rooms were. The hotel staff was very friendly and attentive to our requests and to help us in any way possible. I spent alot of time beforehand looking through different hotel pictures and reviews to pick the right hotel bc i am a very very picky person, and i can definetly say i made the right choice. The location was great, convienent to experience south beach; the beaches, clubs, bars, pool parties and restaurants all within walking distance, so you dont have to worry about taking and paying for a cab everywhere. We enjoyed the pool party they had on Saturday on the rooftop which has amazinggg views.You will not be dissapointed, great rooms with a kitchen, mini bar, huge bathroom, living space, plenty of closets, and a huge bedroom and tv's in every room. This is definetly where i will book my next trip when i return to miami, no question about it!

Room Tip: Rooms toward the back of the hotel should be quieter, but you'll miss out on the great beach vie...