The hotel is small, dirty, and noisy. They consider themselves to be a "resort" but they offer nothing a "resort" would. There are bugs in the room, and they will try to charge you for items in the mini bar that were not touched or did not exist. They also charge a "resort fee" of $20.00 a night, for what?! I booked this trip through a travel agent, all fees should have been paid upfront.
After disputing the insane mini-bar bill we left, even knowing that our flight was cancelled. We decided to stay at another hotel. And just as recent as today, they manually charged my credit card for the same fees I paid when I left (resort & mini bar). Now I have to waste time disputing the charges. Very dirty, very shady.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Live the South Beach lifestyle at our hotel in Miami Beach, Florida. Located in the heart of Miami's Art Deco Historic District on Ocean Drive, we offer spacious, stylish suites with all the amenities of home. With stellar views of the ocean and the bustling action of Ocean Drive, our beachfront hotel is exactly what you need for your stay in Miami. Because we are located right on the beach, fun in the sun is literally at your doorstep. Stake out your spot in the sand and enjoy the signature Florida sunshine. With the average temperatures in the 70s and 80s, you can enjoy the beach and the sun almost all year-round. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Booking.com, Expedia, LoveHolidays, Ebookers, Hotels.com, Odigeo, Travel Republic (UK), TravelUp, TripOnline SA, Traveltool, S.L.U., Evoline ltd, Cancelon and HotelQuickly so you can book your Congress Hotel South Beach reservations with confidence. We help millions of travellers each month to find the perfect hotel for both holiday and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Strand Ocean Drive Hotel
- Strand Ocean Drive Miami Beach
- Congress Hotel South Beach Miami Beach, Florida