Stayed here for 5 nights and it was fine. We had a room on the 4th floor facing Ocean Drive- it had a nice view of Ocean Drive and somewhat obstructed (by trees) views of the ocean. We definitely felt the energy of South Beach from our room- the music from the restaurants and clubs/bars downstairs and from watching the people as they walk about on Ocean Drive. The noise and music end earlier during weekdays and much later (2-3AM) on the weekends, can still faintly hear and feel the music even with the doors closed. We expected this and were fine with it, but can imagine others being bothered by the music/noise.
The room was fine. It's starting to show its age from scratches on walls and furniture. We had a mini kitchen but no table and chairs to eat whatever we cooked from it. There was a desk, but once again, no chair to sit on to use the desk. There were no drawers to put folded clothes on, there were two closets. No beach chairs in the unit neither. We did enjoy the balcony in the unit.
Service and friendliness from the front desk was minimal. The best people we encountered from the hotel were the porters. The bartender (Sindy?) from the rooftop pool was nice and friendly as well. The rooftop pool had an awesome view btw. The maids, even though nice, did not care if you have a "do not disturb" sign on your door, they will knock on your door anyway, they did this everyday.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Live the South Beach lifestyle at our hotel in Miami Beach, Florida. Located in the heart of Miami's Art Deco Historic District on Ocean Drive, we offer spacious, stylish suites with all the amenities of home. With stellar views of the ocean and the bustling action of Ocean Drive, our beachfront hotel is exactly what you need for your stay in Miami. Because we are located right on the beach, fun in the sun is literally at your doorstep. Stake out your spot in the sand and enjoy the signature Florida sunshine. With the average temperatures in the 70s and 80s, you can enjoy the beach and the sun almost all year-round. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Booking.com, Expedia, LoveHolidays, Hotels.com, Odigeo, Travel Republic (UK), Ebookers, TripOnline SA, Priceline, Evoline ltd, HotelQuickly, getaroom.com and Cancelon so you can book your Suites at Congress Ocean Drive reservations with confidence. We help millions of travellers each month to find the perfect hotel for both holiday and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Strand Ocean Drive Hotel
- Strand Ocean Drive Miami Beach
- Suites At Congress Ocean Drive Miami Beach, Florida