Hotel rooms very pleasant and quite well appointed – the only exception is the ‘bed settee’ – it was absolutely shockingly uncomfortable – there is a big ridge in the middle of it so you end up precariously sleeping on one side or another.
Staff & service positively awful – can only think the staff are paid 3 cents an hour – didn’t see one of them smile or even remotely look happy or interested.
The only exception was ‘Brian’ – he was great. Helpful, friendly and all round great guy – he was a rose amongst the thorns!
Beware if booking an ‘ocean view’ room – the website pictures of these rooms gives the impression that you get a balcony (as the picture in the one bedroom suite clearly shows a balcony). You don’t. Yes, some of the rooms do (if you’re in the new building) but the hotel is spread out over four buildings and the others don’t have balconies (though you can look at the ocean from the window!) I specifically booked the ocean suite because of the balcony. I didn’t realise that I wouldn’t have a balcony (why would I? the website clearly shows them in the ocean view suites booking screen). I didn’t get one and as the hotel was fully booked we couldn’t move rooms either. Very disappointed. The duty manager quite frankly couldn’t care less.
The roof top pool was fabulous.
Noise! – If you don’t like the sound of music banging out 18-21 hours a day don’t stay here. The music didn’t bother us but may be bothersome to some people. That said, if you want peace and quiet, South Beach probably isn’t the place for you.
I would definitely go back to South Beach, though I won’t be staying at The Congress Hotel – the staff and service is just too bad.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Live the South Beach lifestyle at our hotel in Miami Beach, Florida. Located in the heart of Miami's Art Deco Historic District on Ocean Drive, we offer spacious, stylish suites with all the amenities of home. With stellar views of the ocean and the bustling action of Ocean Drive, our beachfront hotel is exactly what you need for your stay in Miami. Because we are located right on the beach, fun in the sun is literally at your doorstep. Stake out your spot in the sand and enjoy the signature Florida sunshine. With the average temperatures in the 70s and 80s, you can enjoy the beach and the sun almost all year-round. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Booking.com, Expedia, LoveHolidays, Ebookers, Hotels.com, Odigeo, Travel Republic (UK), Traveltool, S.L.U., TravelUp, Cancelon and HotelQuickly so you can book your Congress Hotel South Beach reservations with confidence. We help millions of travellers each month to find the perfect hotel for both holiday and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Strand Ocean Drive Hotel
- Strand Ocean Drive Miami Beach
- Congress Hotel South Beach Miami Beach, Florida