“Coming back!”

Ranked #136 of 208 Hotels in Miami Beach
New York City, New York
“Coming back!”
Reviewed 7 April 2014

At first was in a terrible mood due to flight cancelations and being rerouted to Palm Beach International airport instead of Ft. Lauderdale. Thankfully the sweetest lady at the front desk took care of us when we arrived and flipped our frowns to smiles. Her name was Eleanor. She noticed right away how tired we looked from traveling and offered us refreshments right away. Whenever we called the front desk or came in contact with her, she would delightfully greet us by our names and make sure everything was alright. Definitely staying at the Congress Hotel my next Miami trip!

• Stayed March 2014

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (183)
  • Arabic first
New York City, New York
Reviewed 5 April 2014

Between the excellent customer service our entire stay by Louis and our beautiful room facing the Versace mansion we had a great stay at the congress. I didn't like the security guard upstairs Jose I believe his name was. He let some guest in with drinks while making others throw it out. He was very friendly with certain guests and extremely brute with others. That was a major turn off which kept us away from the rooftop pool with a gorgeous view.

Carlsbad, California
Reviewed 1 April 2014

We really enjoyed staying at the Congress. Although we were only there for two days it was great because not only were we able to experience the night life, eat good food but we were also so close to the beach. This is a great location in south beach as it is on the main drag of Ocean. The rooms were trendy with a full kitchenette. Only draw back was the small TV but in my opinion when your in Miami your not going to be sitting in your hotel room watching TV. We happen to have our 3 year old with us which I was quite concerned about the club noise from the pool deck party at night. The nice thing is they have 3 seperate buildings and so the front desk receptionist moved us away from the main building. You could hear the hubub of South Beach night life but no bumping music all night long. The best part of our stay was the great customer service. Every employee was very accomodating. Especially Louise he helped us get taxi's, gave great restaurants advice and always was there to help us out with my daughter getting in and out of the building. He was such a great guy and you could really tell he cared about his job and the guests that visited the hotel.

Room Tip: Rooms facing east are the best ones to get because they have ocean view as well as people watching o...
  • Stayed March 2014, travelled with family
2 Thank Dusti T
Green Bay, Wisconsin
Reviewed 30 March 2014

We checked in for New Years Eve. It was the perfect location for anyone that liked the late night scene. We really enjoyed watching the fireworks on the beach. The pool on the roof was very nice with a great view. The rooms very very nice as well. We had two rooms and both were clean and nice. We had never been in the area and this was great for the sightseeing bus line. Great value.

• Stayed December 2013, travelled with family
Anaheim, California
Reviewed 28 March 2014

Congress hotel is the place to stay in south beach. Great location, waking distance to restaurants, clubs, markets, and beach. The rooms are way nicer and bigger than the Cleavlander where i stayed last year. The main reason I liked this place so much was because of LOUIS... I stayed there with a group of 13 in 4 rooms from 3/21/14-3/26/14 and the whole we were there Louis helped us with every need and request we needed. Super friendly and he made us feel not just like guest but his friend. If you ever stay at congress miami you can bet on LOUIS to help you out.

Atlanta, Georgia
Reviewed 28 March 2014

For the location this hotel can't be beat. It is loud but the hotel is right in the mist of all the action. The room was clean and the staff was friendly. Only one con to this review, as I was checking out I received an itemized bill for my stay. There were about 6 mini bar charges listed that I indicated to the reservation staff were billed in error. I never consumed anything on the mini bar and why would I when I had my own alcohol and snacks that I purchased and keep in the room. With that said she removed the mini bar charges and gave me a revised bill. I paid the bill and received my receipt. When I checked my credit card statement yesterday I discovered a separate charge from the hotel for the exact amount of the mini bar charges that were taken off my bill. I called my credit card company and refuted the charge as not authorized. It is currently being investigated. SO just FYI inspect your bill carefully and watch for unauthorized charges after you check out.

I would give 4 stars but being that they charged my credit card for items I never consumed I am giving 3 stars.

• Stayed March 2014, travelled with friends
1 Thank jkmATL
Lumberton, New Jersey
Reviewed 24 March 2014

If you can sleep through noise, loud music, & car alarms and do not mind streetlights & other stray light coming in through the white shades then this place may be OK.Paid xtra for a partial ocean view.We had the last room at the end of the hallway, you could barely see the ocean but had a great view of a parking garage.Walk down Ocean Dr. and it is like walking the beaches in Jamaica, EVERY restaurant trys to pull you in for Breakfast, lunch or dinner. Another disappointment was that there was no common area to hang out and just sit with a drink like I saw at many of the other hotels on the strip. One good thing was the complimentary sangria at the hotel

Room Tip: Go to the Keys
  • Stayed March 2014, travelled as a couple