“Amazing experience”

Ranked #136 of 208 Hotels in Miami Beach
Maspeth
“Amazing experience”
Reviewed 4 May 2014

Congress hotel was a great choice to spend my spring break vacation. I was welcomed right away when we arrived at the hotel by Louis. He was extremely nice, helpful, and very polite. He always had a smile on his face. The room was prefect and comfortable. Location of the hotel was convenient since everything was right outside and the beach across the street. The front desk staff was helpful when we were checking out by calling us a cab and making sure we were okay. I am going back to Miami and staying at the congress hotel again because I enjoyed the stay that much.

• Stayed April 2014

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (183)
  • Arabic first
Boston, Massachusetts
Reviewed 1 May 2014

If youre looking for somewhere to stay in the heart of South Beach this is the place. Its located right on Ocean Drive with tons of bars, restaurants and stores right outside your door and an absolutely gorgeous beach across the street. The hotel itself is kinda small, made up of 3 different buildings, but the rooms are spacious, clean and pretty nice. It's also a huge plus having your own kitchenette, it's not enough to cook yourself a 3 course meal but perfect for keeping your beers cold and reheating leftovers. The rooftop pool itself isnt very special but the view is amazing and you can't beat the 5-6pm Happy Hour. Charlie, Eddie and everyone else working the bar were awesome and made sure we enjoyed ourselves.

No, the service wasn't fast by any means, but it seems that's due to the hotel being understaffed and not a lack of service from the people working. Yes they might've stopped and took a phone call while checking us in or were multi-tasking trying to help two people at once, but that's only because they're busy...and people who cant understand that are probably the kind who will never be satisfied anyways. We ended up checking in and out twice because we decided to stay another day and they all went pretty smoothly, although we weren't able to check-in to our room early and had to wait until 4pm the first time, which kinda sucks when your flight gets in at 9am, but they were able to store our luggage for us in the meantime which was a big help. The day of the 2nd check-in our room wasn't available until almost 5pm but the manager and guy working at the front desk were very apologetic and upgraded us to a double, which was much appreciated. The lobby is pretty small and hectic around check-in/checkout times and it took quite a while for our bags to get up to the room since there's only 1 bellboy, but again, you're in Miami -- having to sit on your balcony and stare at a gorgeous beach while waiting for your bags isnt such a bad thing I guess. All in all I would 100% stay at the Congress Hotel again.

Room Tip: Stayed in both a 1 bedroom suite and a double, unless you specifically want the separate bedroom, bo...
  • Stayed April 2014, travelled with friends
1 Thank Christina M
Reviewed 28 April 2014

Disgusting conditions and lack of respect for guests. Promotion of this hotel by travel sites in any form is directly putting guests safety and health at risk.

1. The room was unsanitary-
-Broken wine glass (fractured stem) found underneath our mattress
-Feces covered towel found under our mattress

2. Professionalism
-Front desk was unprofessional
Front desk employee answered the phone mid conversation handing us the key and not explaining there was an entrance code/another building for our room. After 20+ minutes looking around we retreated and asked the front desk employee where our room was...since he was to busy ignoring us and talking to a non hotel guest 5 minutes later we were helped by the bell hop. In total it took 30min to find the room that was ironically 150 steps away from the front desk.

Overall, it was a frightening experience that left my fiancée and I up all night unable to sleep due to the inhabitable cleanliness.

Have tried several times to get in contact with the hotel manager and have yet to receive a return phone call.

• Stayed April 2014, travelled as a couple
3 Thank Ryan M

Travellers are raving about these Miami Beach hotels

Reviewed 27 April 2014

We had the most enjoyable experience at the Congress Hotel!!!
Eleanor so pleasant and calm in the midst of demanding tourists, promised and delivered exactly what I requested, made sure we were good with our room and anything else we might need.Nice bottle of complimentary wine! After staying over-night, we checked-out, went to Homestead for a visit to a winery, then after dropping my son at Fort Lauderdale airport, we decided to return for another night. I could of stayed any where but the night before was so good, we thought let's go back to the Congress!
This time my daughter called, spoke with Eleanor and again all was taken care with ease.
Stephanie what a sweetheart, toke great care of all of us. On Tuesday March 11 my daughter and I decided to stay on the beach to the very last moment, we checked-out before going to the beach, our bags were left with Stephanie to have the guys put them away till we needed to leave, we didn't realize till we left SOBE that Stephanie wrote a note on the bag receipts,"have a cab ready at 3:30pm to make their flights" (Stephanie didn't realize we still had the rental car) she did that all on her own surmising from the conversation between my daughter and myself of staying to the very last minute, which was 3:30 (we changed out of our beach stuff at the airport and did not miss our flights), that is taking care of a guest!! On March 10th when we left for the day, the garage over charged us and Stephanie fixed it with them. Garage people are snots.
The gentleman at the desk on Sunday night March 9, I forgot his name made sure the extra bedding for the futon was delivered to the room before we returned. Later we found it in the closet and didn't need it after all.
Jonathan and Luis fantastic helpful with bags, cars, and any and all requests, somehow they did whatever the desk requested for all the guests that were waiting in the lobby and the guest themselves out on the sidewalk making requests,(some very demanding) with a smile and efficiency.
The maintenance guys when we came across in the halls, smiles, holding elevator doors open etc.
The first night the best room and the second night a normal jr suite, both rooms clean and comfortable, just loved the best room view!!!
Professional, kind, helpful, calm and friendly in the midst of crazy Ocean Dr. The staff deserves 100 stars, they make the hotel. I hope they are well compensated especially the ones who are not allowed to accept tips.
After, I returned home I had a charge on my bill, called and spoke with Kevin, problem taken care in less than 5 minutes. Thank you to all that we had the pleasure to meet that made this a wonderful time and to the ones that make the hotel clean and safe, even the stairwell was clean, no trash or bugs or funky smells.
I will stay at the Congress next time I am in SOBE.

Fondly,
Mary Scheetz

• Stayed March 2014
UK
Reviewed 19 April 2014

I stayed at the Congress for 5 nights around 20thMarch. The room was a good size suite with bed and sofa bed and kitchenette. Fully stocked bar/fridge with reasonable prices for bottled beer. Bathroom was also very nice with rainlike shower The rooftop bar and pool area was pretty cool although pool isn't really for swimming as its not that big.
The hotel is located right on the strip central to everything. I had a room on side of the hotel. It was pretty noisy due to the Latin music from restaurant below. I didn't mind too much as I had ear plugs to help me sleep. Plus it added to the south beach atmosphere.
To be honest I don't think I would stay here again though...There was no real hotel lobby and the reception staff I found to be unfriendly. Also I don't think you should be made to pay about $13 a day fee....this is meant to cover things like the WiFi and the free drinks on the roof bar between 5-6pm. I was out doing things so sadly never made it back for any of the free drinks. Also I would have liked a breakfast option.
Next time I think I will stay slightly further north on Ocean or on Collins.

• Stayed March 2014, travelled solo
London, United Kingdom
Reviewed 19 April 2014

We arrived on gay pride parade day which was a bit excessive and this hotel is at ground zero. But the next day the paraders left and we could appreciate the hotel better. It is right on the art deco beachfront strip between 10th and 11th, has a rather underwhelming lobby at the back (original lobby converted into a restaurant), the rooms are a decent size but not spectacular (we had 2 adults and 4 kids in one room, so they are big enough! and the hotel was good enough to let us do this) but wow, the rooftop pool and bar is a revelation. The view is amazing, but the best thing is that hotel guests have free flow drinks every night 5-6pm and everyone gets happy! The bar tender is a really friendly young guy, easy to get talking, and you can enjoy the view of the street, the beach, and the cruise liners heading out. I saw some complaints about the parking but get real, this is like being in New York or London so of course you are going to pay US$30 a day. You can just step outside and you are amongst the beautiful deco buildings, right behind hotel is a great Cuban cafe called Davids that has a window selling cuban coffee, perfect start to day. More a party goers place but our family enjoyed it too.

Room Tip: Ocean facing rooms have good balcony
  • Stayed April 2014, travelled with family
2 Thank Graham M
Miami, Florida
Reviewed 15 April 2014 via mobile

As a local I stayed at the Congress hotel for WMC and I must admit It was great from the staff to the room. I was in the main building and my room was so spacious and clean!!! The rooftop party was the best in south beach!!! I will definitely come back.

Stayed March 2014, travelled with friends