“Good beachfront hotel”

Ranked #140 of 208 Hotels in Miami Beach
brooklyn
“Good beachfront hotel”
Reviewed 16 February 2011

PROS:
Bellhops that smile with excellent service
Soft sheets, feather pillows
Full kitchen
Sunken tub/Rain shower
Excellent sit down breakfast with multiple options, in Restaurant
Oceanfront hotel

CONS:
Stains on sofa
Furniture has wear
Mattress too soft, sunk in middle, needs replacement
Front desk staff cold
Outside music can be heard in room
Tiny TVs
"Resort fee"

• Stayed February 2011, travelled as a couple

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (183)
  • Arabic first
Costa Mesa, California
Reviewed 15 February 2011

Even though not accustomed to write reviews while traveling, we had such a blast with my fiance I just wanted to drop a couple of lines. We stayed for almost a week. We did not experience what the previous guests wrote. In fact, when I read some reviews we were puzzled but none of it was true for us. On the contrary, the staff was super super friendly. It's South Beach after all. We were even lucky to meet the manager Claudio who showed up at the pool making sure all was in order. The pool was busy too that's probably why. It was a tad cool at times but what a gorgeous view from the roof top pool. For me it was the best part. Definitely worth it and relaxing. Also, if anybody cares about the rooms, they are simply HUGE in comparison to a standard hotel! We absolutely loved it. I recommend the boat trip from downtown Miami too. Can't wait to come back. South Beach is definitely a happening place.

• Stayed February 2011, travelled as a couple
Boston, Massachusetts
Reviewed 14 February 2011

I was traveling alone, hoping to get some r & r. The valets were terrific and couldn't have been more helpful. Service at the front desk was another story. Staff was not outgoing or friendly. My room was dirty, with stains on the sofa and duvet cover. The bed sheets did not seem to be cleaned thoroughly. During my stay, housekeeping staff did not maintain my room each day that I was there. My room had a small kitchenette with a fridge AND a freezer, but no bottle opener or corkscrew. In fact, when I asked for a corkscrew, housekeeping never responded and the front desk staff didn't have one either! South Beach is a lively, entertaining, and loud place...great if you love to party, but not so great if you are trying to relax....

• Stayed February 2011, travelled solo

Travellers are raving about these Miami Beach hotels

Reviewed 7 February 2011

When we first arrive to our room it was not what we expected! When we read the review there was mix review about this place. We should of know when there was no pictures of the room just the pool on the rooftop which was nice. The only thing nice was pool ob the rooftop over looking the ocean. However, I wish I could of said the same about the room and the service! The room was horrible...there was no head board..the bed was a pull out bed! With a very old mattress...worst ever! The curtain was broken. Sink didn't drain and called for service and was ever fix...my bf had to fix ourself. And when had our room clean and came back and notice our bags of clothes from shopping was missing...I was irrate and went to the front office telling them whoever clean my room took my bags of clothes that I just purchase. They check with housekeeping and said they had it and no reason why they took it. So please make sure u lock up all your valueable or it will come out missing. .After that we did not let housekeeping or anyone enter our room when we were not there. We slept on the same sheets for 6 days! If we need towels we just call to have it deliver to our room. I was not going to have anyone entering the room and have my stuff come up missing. Service was horrible anb i can keep going on. So please if anyone plan on staying here...don't! This place suck! Also u have to pay for resort fee of $25 per night and parking per day $25 or $35 for valet. I will never return or stay at this hotel ever!

• Stayed February 2011
New York City, New York
Reviewed 7 February 2011

I stayed at the Congress Hotel South Beach for 3 nights on Dec 10, on a business trip.
The location is great and the pool on the roof is just perfect !
I found it via TripAdvisor, and I had a Junior Suite.
The room was very large, with all the amenities, and it wasn't noisy because it was in the back of the hotel.
But... there has been some partying in that room, and the carpets and sofa were not what you could expect from this kind of hotel, far from it, believe me !
It's not a big deal for them to change it, and as soon it's done it will become one of the best bargains on South Beach imho

• Stayed December 2010, travelled on business
Hamilton, Canada
Reviewed 27 January 2011

I stayed at this hotel with my girlfriend from December 20th to 24th, 2010. We arrived on the Monday and left on the Friday. I can't comment towards the noise as South Beach was not very busy while I was there.

Rooms: The rooms were clean and had all the needed items. The kitchenette was a nice little feature. If i had stayed longer I'm sure I wouldve used more of the kitchen, but as it stands I only used it for storing my beer. (South Beach drink prices can be expenssive). The bedrooms were nice, and comformatable. I liked the sliding doors from the bathroom to the bedroom...very convinient. I had no problems with security in the rooms and the safe worked well. The best were really comfortable as well, if it weren't so nice outside I would've been tempted to stay in them. The living room was very basic with the small tv and small sofa, but who hangs out in the room on vacation. It was good just to sit for an hour and watch weather reports or a quick show before dinner. The shower was a little complicated to figuer out as the knob for the bath in in the bath and shower is behind the bath tub. Once I figured that out I found it to be a nice shower.

Staff: I found the staff to be very friendly, helpful and pleasant. I had never been to South Beach so upon check in I asked for some advice and was given a bunch of brochures and inside tips as well. On our last day they were very reliable in ensuring our cab was ready for our pick up to go to airport.

Location: This hotel is perfectly situated right smack dab in the hustle and bustle. It is perfect for someone who wants to have endless options for things to do.

The rooftop pool was nice and heated. This was a good place to soak up the sun and enjoy the beautiful view of the beach.

Extras: The breakfasts at the Atlantic next door were really good. It wasn't until the 3rd day that we discovered espanola way..but that street is very close to the hotel and offers some good bargains on dinners...for example.. I paid $14.00 at an italian restaurant and received a starter, main course, dessert (huge slab of the best tiramisu ive ever had) and a coffee (gourmet). We also found a tex mex place really close to the hotel called T-MEX located on 14th ave and COllins area.. very good and good prices..nothing fancy though..

Although the hotel charges a resort fee I found it to be a blessing in disguise.. We always had fresh clean towels, beach chairs and unbrellas were set up for us by the staff on the beach too.

All in all I really enjoyed my time here at the Congress and would recommend it in a heart beat.

• Stayed December 2010, travelled as a couple
3 Thank eastytravel85
Toronto
Reviewed 24 January 2011

What a terrific hotel! Art Deco. Of course. Full kitchenette. Ocean view. Right on Ocean Drive, across from the beach. Super friendly staff. Wonderfully reno'd. They charge a 'resort fee' ... you may know from my other reviews that I'm a business consultant and think this is just plain stupid, but at least you get value here ... great breakfast, lounge on the beach, etc.

Pool on the roof is fabulous ... check out the sunrise!

There's a neat 'room service' ... I think nothing to do with the hotel, but channeling local restos ... we ordered in pizza one night rather than patronizing one of the many restos on Ocean Drive ... wanted to chill and enjoy the balcony.

Not bad!

When we go back to South Beach, I expect this will be 'our spot'.

• Stayed January 2011, travelled as a couple