“good but...”

GreenLeadersGold level
Ann Arbor, Michigan
“good but...”
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 13 December 2011

This is my 3rd and probably last stay at the Z Ocean.

Pros - Very clean, great location, great on-site restaurant (front porch cafe), and pool area is very initimate with european sunbathing allowed.

Cons - matresses need to be upgraded (they feel like something you would expect at a Comfort Inn), sheets are not soft (for the money you pay here you expect better), bar service is horrible (they act like they are being put out when you order a drink!), one lady at the front desk had an attitude (this is usually not the case and being a priorty club member and return guest I expected a little more), hot tub loaded with chemicals (it discolored my wife and I's bathing suits - they are ruined).

• Stayed December 2011, travelled as a couple
1 Thank CoverMale
ZOceanSobe, General Manager at Z Ocean Hotel South Beach, responded to this review, 18 January 2012
Dear Valued Guest:

Thank you for choosing The Z Ocean Hotel and for sharing your experience with us. I truly appreciate your insight and how you precisely described some of our areas for improvement.
I place a great importance on taking care of our guests’ experience, and efforts are currently underway to train our team to improve their response to our guests’ needs. We are also making some changes to address some of the specific issues that you have mentioned.

On your next visit to South Beach, I hope that you would consider staying with us again to experience the improved Z Ocean Hotel. Please do not hesitate to call me directly if I can be of assistance to you.

Warmest regards,

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (444)
  • Korean first
  • Polish first
Barbados
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 13 December 2011

I found this hotel to be very nice throughout. Loved the decor, the staff were superb and that bed.... I could have stayed in it all day.
I spent 4 nights in this hotel and would easily recommend it to any of my friends. I was very impressed with the room we had, they only possible downside is that I was on the 2nd floor (1st to us English) and that was right beside the swimming pool. There are people lounging outside so I was a bit uncomfortable with them being able to look in. They can't see in of course but you can see out. At night it would be the other way around of course but the curtains soon fixed that. Our room had its 'own' table, chairs and loungers but we often found that people were using them before we were up and about. Also we'd get up in the morning to find bottles all over our table; we hadn't heard anyone outside.
I think I'd prefer to have one of the other floors rather than one by the pool because of this.

It wouldn't put me off going again. Ours wasn't a typical trip as one of us was just recovering from an operation so we didn't leave the room much..

Room Tip: They have rooms beside the pool which for me was a bit too open. I'd prefer more privacy in one...
Dear Valued Guest:

Thank you for sharing your experience regarding your recent stay with us. We are delighted to hear you had a positive experience at our property and that you enjoyed our facilities. We look forward to welcoming you back and feel free to contact me directly to assist you in your next visit.

Kind regards
Toronto, Ontario, Canada
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 12 December 2011

i'm a platinum member with priority club and redeemed my points in november to stay at this hotel, very lovely hotel and close to everything. Will stay at this hotel again

• Stayed November 2011, travelled with family
Dear valued guest:

Thank you very much for your kind words and sharing your experience on your last visit. We are delighted to learn that you found our property to you liking and your kind words for our staff.

Should your travels bring you back you back to South Beach, please contact me directly. I would like to assist to personally and ensure another superb experience with us.

Kind regards
Sydney
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 11 December 2011

This is a great place to stay, one block from South Beach and a short walk to all the restaurants and shops on both Lincoln and Espanola Way. Our only complaint was that the fire alarm kept going off - otherwise excellent.

Room Tip: Try for a room on the side of the buidling rather than the front or back - they are quieter.
1 Thank Feezeeweezee
Dear valued guest:

Should your travels bring you back you back to South Beach, I hope that you would consider staying with us again to experience the Z Ocean Hotel again. I would like to personally ensure that you have a great experience and better accommodations on your next visit. Please do not hesitate to call me directly if I can be of service to you.

Kind regards,
Stockholm, Sweden
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 8 December 2011

Lets go through the basics: Location is great, walking distance to everything.
Rooms are great. Pool is a tad bit small expecially if the hotel is filled with young drunken party animals, this said the ocean is nearby and preferrable most of the time.

Beware that the hotel adds a lot of extras to your bill - 24$ for resort fee (beach chairs and towels) 16$ for wifi per day, 32$ for valet parking.
There is a parking garage nearby for halfprice if you are going to stay for several nights.

Room recommendations: Top floor suite with jacuzzi and sun lounging area with view of miami beach and streets is really recommended if you are going to stay here. Otherwise check some of the big hotels nearby that cost the same but will provide more service as part of their package.

Across of the street is starbucks for all of those whom need their coffein kick at any time of day.

• Stayed August 2011, travelled as a couple

Warmest regards,
Teesside
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 2 December 2011

We stayed for one night after a cruise that was the mistake we should have stayed much longer. The quality of the room the high standard of service and the location make this one of the best hotels anyone can stay in. The rear of the hotel is on Ocean Drive with a walk across the street to the beach. The hotel has sun beds etc to use the hotel has leisure facilities what more can you want.

Room Tip: ask for a frontage room either on to the street or Ocean drive
4 Thank TeessideViewer
Dear Valued guest:

Thank you for your kind words for the Hotel. Particularly that you had such a memorable stay with us. I have shared your wonderful comments with my colleagues and we are extremely grateful. I am pleased to hear that you found our hotel as family friendly.

On your next visit to South Beach, I hope that you would consider staying with us again. I would like to personally ensure that you have a great experience. In the meantime, we remain at your service and look forward to welcoming you back soon.

Kind regards,
Atlanta, Georgia
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 28 November 2011

We spent three nights at the Z Ocean Hotel for a relaxing getaway. The room was very nice and spacious - even had a mini-fridge and microwave. We had a fabulous balcony that overlooked the city. The hotel staff was friendly and very helpful. We ended up eating a few meals at the Front Porch Cafe and the food was good! If you need a quick post-beach snack, check out their happy hour drink and appetizer specials. We went and looked at the pool, but didn't get in while we were there. While I always prefer to stay on the beach when going to the beach, the walk from the hotel to the beach was short and quick, so that aspect did not bother me - out the back door, across the street, past Starbucks and you are there! I highly recommend this hotel!!

Room Tip: I was given the option of a garden-view or city-view. I asked the hotel which one was better and he...
  • Stayed November 2011, travelled as a couple
ZOceanSobe, General Manager at Z Ocean Hotel South Beach, responded to this review, 23 January 2012
Dear Valued Guest,

Thank you for taking the time to write a review of the Z Ocean Hotel. I am thrilled to hear that you enjoyed your stay with us and that our accommodations and location had made for a perfect vacation.

Should your travel plans bring you back to South Beach again; we hope you would consider the Z Ocean Hotel. I would like to personally ensure your next stay is even more enjoyable. Please do not hesitate to call me directly if I may be of any assistance.

Warm Regards,