“A good hotel” 4 of 5 bubbles

GreenLeadersGold level
Helsinki, Finland
“A good hotel”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 8 April 2012

A nice little hotel, which in a way tries to impress, but does not really succeed. The room was nicely decorated, but looked like it would be too small to all the furniture, the pool area is small, the common areas (including the bar and the restaurant) quite shady and usually quite deserted. However, the jacuzzi on the roof of the room was quite a treat and the personnel (during the few interactions with them) was very friendly!

Room Tip: The rooms with a roof top jacuzzi are quite a treat!
  • Stayed December 2011, travelled as a couple
    • 4 of 5 bubbles
ZOceanSobe, General Manager at Z Ocean Hotel South Beach, responded to this review, 10 April 2012
Dear Valued Guest,

Thank you for taking the time to write a review of the Z Ocean Hotel on South Beach, your insights mean a lot to us. I have shared your courteous comments with our team, and they are delighted to hear that your stay was a memorable one.

We look forward to welcoming you back and feel free to contact me directly to assist you in your next visit.

Best Regards

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (439)
  • Korean first
  • Polish first
San Fernando
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 2 April 2012

Art Deco hotel was great. Service was excellent. Staff was helpful, polite and friendly.Great breakfast at the Front Porch Cafe. Penthouse with Jacuzzi was pampering. On the other hand, a charge of $14. per day for internet was ok but management needs to notify guests that the charge is per device and not per room. will surely recommend to friends and will return .Near Lincoln Road, Espanola Way and Ocean Drive.

1 Thank alleemshah
ZOceanSobe, General Manager at Z Ocean Hotel South Beach, responded to this review, 9 April 2012
Dear Valued guest;

Thank you for your kind words for the team. I am happy to hear that you were able to enjoy your visit with us. I am pleased that you enjoyed the amenities we offer, location, great service of our hotel, as well as the private Jacuzzi on your rooftop terrace.

We hope that if your travels bring you back to Miami Beach that you will consider staying at the Z Ocean Hotel again. If I may be of any assistance to you on your next stay please do not hesitate to call me directly.

Wakefield, United Kingdom
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 30 March 2012

Stayed for 3 nights as a premier elite priority club member payed on points 25000 a night and this included complimentary resort fee and free wifi internet access. Room 303 was large with lovely balcony with pool view.. Rooms facing pool on 2nd floor open out onto pool deck and i feel i would not have likes this, as provided less privacy with open patio areas and full view into rooms.
Lovely light, bright public areas with large comfy sofas, small gym, bar and patio restaurant. We did not use restaurant but food looked good if a bit pricey. However we found the location to be excellent with lots of bars restaurants and shopping areas in walking distance.
Fresh towels provided in the evening and turndown service if required. Room had cooler, espresso machine, microwave and 2 tvs.Jack and jill vanity areas and fantastic power shower with extra jets.
Would stay here again and reccomend to all our friends.
Staff friendly and helpful.

2 Thank wildbull
Dear valued guest:

Thank you very much for your kind words and sharing your experience on your last visit. We are delighted to learn that you found our property to you liking and your kind words for our staff.

Should your travels bring you back you back to South Beach, please contact me directly. I would like to assist to personally and ensure another superb experience with us.

Kind regards,
Lisbon - Portugal
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 28 March 2012

I've been in Z Ocean for 2 nights and i like it. Very good location in South Beach, near the beach and near a commercial zone. You have so many restaurants to choose in bothe areas. The rooms are very good and very big, with a great balcony. Very good service on front desk, with friendly people always ready to help you with some good advices about everything you want to do in Miami.

• Stayed March 2012, travelled with friends
3 Thank NunoLisbon_Portugal
Dear Valued Guest,

I would like to personally thank you for your kind words and great review of the Z Ocean Hotel. I have shared your courteous comments with the team and they were very pleased to hear that you had a great stay. It is our goal to provide our guests with exceptional services and I am so glad to hear that you got to experience this.

We look forward to your next visit in South Beach and welcome back at the Z Ocean Hotel again. I would like to personally assure that your next stay with us will be as good as the last one. Feel free to contact me directly as I will be happy to assist you further.

Annapolis, Maryland
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 26 March 2012

Splurged on a roof-top room with 2nd floor patio & Jaccuzzi. Nice but probably not worth the price. We were celebrating with family so it was cool to party up on the roof. Profession, friendly staff, clean hotel, nice pool and beach services. My only minor complaints are that the roof-top patio is accessible to the maintenence staff and it would have been nice to know that! I walked up one afternoon, and was somewhat surprised to find 2 workers there! It was a little off-putting. Anyway, we ate at the Front Porch Cafe both mornings and it was very good, but busy so we waited a while for the food - not terrible. It was definately expensive, though. The other minor complaint has nothing to do with the hotel. The immediate surrounding area seems a little rough. . . lots of liquor stores and young loud drinkers with lots of "ink" and skin showing. I'm no prude, but I think there are other parts of South Beach (around Prime 112, and the Bentley Hotel) that are classier and quieter.

• 2 of 5 bubbles
4 Thank Rosie816
Dear Valued Guest,

Thank you for sharing your experience regarding your recent stay with us. We are so thrilled to hear you had such a nice experience at our property and that you enjoyed our great amenities. Thank you for your kind words for our team. I place a great importance on taking care of our guests’ experience, and efforts are currently underway to ensure seamless service. We are also making some changes to address some of the specific issues that you have mentioned.

Best Regards,
Washington DC, District of Columbia
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 22 March 2012

This hotel is easily one of the nicest hotels I've ever stayed in. The nightly rates are pretty high, but I got a good flight+hotel+car package online through Expedia. The staff is very friendly and polite. The room is gorgeous. I had a king sized bed that was very clean and comfortable. The shower was my favorite part - it had 6 separate shower heads and a spa-style bench inside. The room also had two separate vanity/mirror areas, a minibar, additional mini fridge, sink, microwave, couch, chair, gorgeous spacious balcony (unfortunately overlooking the street, but it wasn't that bad at all), and 2 TVs (to watch depending on where you are sitting, couch or bed). Overall I had a fantastic stay. There is a $21/night resort fee which gives you seating/towels on a private section of the beach. The beach area was quiet and relaxing, which surprised me considering this was spring break for me. The hotel is located close enough to everything, right in the heart of the beach nightlife area. Other rooms had hot tubs on the balcony. My only gripe is the overpriced minibar (but that's to be expected) and the valet only parking (which is $32 overnight). Overall, staying here will cost you about a couple hundred dollars more than the flat room rate, but it's worth it.

• Stayed March 2012
1 Thank Dsukontarak
Dear Valued guest:

I am very pleased to hear your kind words for our hotel. Particularly that you had such a memorable stay with us. Thank you for your accolades for our team. I have shared your comments the team and they thrilled to hear that you were delighted with their service, we are extremely grateful for your comments. We place a great importance on catering to our guests’ every need, and strive to go above and beyond.

Should your travels bring you back to South Beach, please contact me directly; I would like to personally assist you. In the meantime, we remain at your service and look forward to welcoming you back soon.

Kind regards,
Mentor, Oh
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 22 March 2012

Great location, great suites and wonderful staff. Lovely pool with very gracious attendants. The restaurant was headed by an attentive manager and a hustling staff.The food was good. Loved the lobby/bar area...what wonderful ambiance!!! Only suggestion would be for the housekeeping to wet mop the tile floors in the suites spotted floors the whole time we were there. This hotel is NOT beachside but a short distance. Would definitely stay here again!!!

Room Tip: Suites overlooking the pool were surprisingly quiet day and night.
3 Thank cupcakeRN
Dear Valued Guest;

Thank you for taking the time to write a review of the Z Ocean Hotel, your review is greatly appreciated. I am pleased that you enjoyed the service provided by our team, thank you for your kind words for our team at the pool and restaurant, I will be sure to share your comments.