“AMAZING WILL DEF. RETURN!!”

Z Ocean Hotel South Beach
Ranked #12 of 210 Hotels in Miami Beach
GreenLeadersGold level
Reviewed 22 June 2012

This hotel is amazing. Great staff, especially Kristian and Angel they were very timely and always went above and beyond. Very comfortable beds, shower was amazing with 6 shower heads going at once, rooms layout was awesome. The restaurant at the hotel was very reasonable. Right across the street from the beach. They have managers meetings some times which is where they invite all of the hotel guests to the lounge for free wine or beer plus appetizers for a hour. Very modern hotel with house keeping 24 hours a day. Never heard any noise from any other guest, which leads me to believe the walls are nice and thick. Best hotel we ever stayed at. My husband travels for work and he agreed that this was one of the nicer hotels he has been to. Prime location and the valet service is very convenient. Our next vacation will be here for sure. They even gave our kids free stuffed animals. I LOVED IT! Also a very roomy balcony.

Room Tip: Rooms facing the beach are roomier.
  • Stayed: June 2012, travelled with family
7  Thank Michelle D
Zoceansales, Director of Sales at Z Ocean Hotel South Beach, responded to this reviewResponded 30 July 2012

Dear Valued Guest,

Thank you for posting a kind review! We're happy to hear that you found our hotel to offer a superb stay and that you enjoyed all of our facilities. Thank you for your kind words for the team, we strive to deliver seamless service and guest experience.

Should your travels bring you back you back to South Beach, please contact me directly. I would like to assist to personally and ensure another great visit with us.

There are newer reviews for Z Ocean Hotel South Beach

Reviewed 22 June 2012

Stayed here for one night for stopover so thought we would treat ourselves to the roof top pent house.

It was grande and beautiful, as was the rooftop with jacuzzi which had colour lights in it. The pictures on the website make it look alot nicer, maybe it was because it rained when we were there.

Especially liked the shower which had lots of different jets.

There is obviously some kind of bars night clubs outside the hotel which play loud music til the early hours also.

We checked in and then went out for dinner and whilst we were out, staff had been in our room, closed our curtains, removed some cushions from the bed and things which we didnt like the thought of.

It is a little overpriced in my book. You don't even get complimentary wifi its, $14 per day! The mini bar was slightly pricey so we didn't touch this.

We had breakfast which was delicious!

• Stayed: June 2012, travelled as a couple
2  Thank scotslass007

Dear Valued Guest,

Thank you for posting a kind review! We're happy to hear that you found our hotel to offer a superb stay and that you enjoyed all of our facilities. We are glad you took the time to upgrade to our rooftop terrace suites during your stay.

Thank you for your kind words for the team, we strive to deliver seamless service and guest experience. As for housekeeping entering your room in the afternoon we offer all our guests complimentary turn down service nightly in which our staff come in and refresh the room for you as well as prepare the bed for you that evening be turning down the covers and closing the black out curtains, In the future if your visits bring you back just let the front desk know that you will not be needing this service and we will gladly just refresh your room once a day.

Reviewed 18 June 2012

I am really enjoying my stay here so far. The food is very reasonable here. Ocean Drive has so many restaurants and they are all in competition so there is someone handing out coupons with specials as you walk. So far I have eaten at Ocean Ten and the ribeye was delicious! It was pricer than the other items on the menu but I am on my honeymoon so I wanted to splurge. Try their chicken wings they are delicious. We stayed in a luxury suite as soon as you walk out the pool is at your door. I must say the tv internet is very slow and has glitches. That is the only thing that I can say negative about this hotel. However, they do have Ipads at the front desk. I am loving my honeymoon and the staff is exceptionally nice! The beach is just a few feet away, enjoy!!

• Stayed: June 2012
6  Thank elabosha

Dear Valued Guest;

Thank you for taking the time to write a review of our hotel, your response is very important to us. I am pleased that you enjoyed your stay here at the Z Ocean Hotel. Second congratulations on staying with us during your honeymoon.

Thank you for your kind words for our team, we strive to delivery exceptional guest service and ensure a pleasant guest experience. I am pleased to hear that you enjoyed our guest room accommodations, the pool, the Beach club and our Front Porch Café. Plus all the fine dining establishments that are just steps from the hotel.

If your travels bring you back to Miami Beach I hope that you will consider staying with us again. Please do not hesitate to call me directly if I may be of any assistance to you on your next stay. Also many years of happiness to you both.

Reviewed 18 June 2012

The highlight of this hotel for us was its location and its service. The hotel is located close to Espanola Way (A street with restaurants), Lincoln Road Mall (restaurants and shopping) and the beach - its within walking distance of most things you need including a well stocked supermarket for essentials.

The front desk staff were knowledgeable, friendly and made recommendations and reservations for us. The manager also kindly gave us a late checkout. They are very personable and helpful, so we had no issues (but we also did not have difficult requests). The security was also very good.

Our air conditioning unit was not working when we arrived but on requesting it be looked at it was fixed immediately.

Room and amenities
Our room was spacious, had a brilliant terrace with a great view of Collins Ave (there was no street noise when sleeping at night and we were on the second floor) and the bed and bathrooms were lovely (clean, comfortable and great design). We used the sofa bed which was well made and comfortable for a week's stay. You also get a lot of clean towels daily and toiletries (very nice Aveda products).

My only personal frustration was there was no fridge (only a 'cooler') so you could not keep any perishable items like milk or yoghurt. There was also no other utensils other than teaspoons and no kettle to boil hot water. The supermarket is well stocked with deposable items which we bought and used.

The hotel pool and pool staff are great with free towels and sun loungers. The arrangement for sun loungers at the beach (Cabana 14) was well organised and they are comfortable (about 100m from the hotel to beach). The resort fee is USD 21 per day but we do not have experience as to whether this was reasonable or not and exactly what it covers.

The Front porch cafe is very popular with guests and visitors. The food is delicious (the front porch flip was impressive) but there can be queues on weekends and it gets busy so gets loud and service can be slower. It is definitely worth a visit.

Recommendations
For breakfast or lunch - A la Folie, the french cafe with proper coffee on Espanola way and Front Porch Cafe are both within walking distance.

• Stayed: June 2012, travelled with friends
6  Thank kiwimissy
ZOceanSobe, General Manager at Z Ocean Hotel South Beach, responded to this reviewResponded 19 June 2012

Reviewed 15 June 2012

Everyone of the hotel staff we encountered was at their best. The rooms are large and have decadent furnishings. Our king size bed was plush and super comfortable. I absolutely loved the Nespresso machine in my room. Two large flat screen TV's in the room always help to lessen the remote control battle. The showers are to die for with 6 shower heads! The pool area has a nice ambience. The Front Porch Cafe has great breakfasts and the waitstaff is on their toes. We had a room overlooking the park. Outside noise was not an issue. We celebrated our wedding anniversary and the hotel went out of its way to make it very special. I have no complaints about the speed of the internet. The valet was quick to fetch our car. You really do not a rental car at all. The shops, restaurants and nightlife are all within a short walking distance. The beach service is superb. Their luxe lounge chairs, towels, umbrella and frozen grapes make you feel like a VIP. If I had my way, I would return every year to this hotel.

Room Tip: I think the top floor only has view of ocean. Rooms facing Collins Ave have street noise.
  • Stayed: May 2012, travelled as a couple
5  Thank RRiojas
Reviewed 15 June 2012

Pretty nice hotel if your lucky to get a rooftop penthouse suite facing oceandrive like I was most were sold out so you can get a glimpse of the beach thats not being obstructed by 40 ft condos.If you get a regular room facing collins or better yet a big empty dirt lot to the west then the 400 dollars a night for a room is not really worth it the service is great but thats to be expected at a 450 a night hotel on southbeach.The actual rooms way to small for that price you would expect a 2 room suite or divider but its just a small space with way to much stuff cramped in there the bathroom is pretty nice though.The jacuzzi suites are worth it the regular rooms get a better spot at a hotel with a larger room and better view in my opinion.

Stayed: May 2012, travelled solo
1  Thank jaxxcapone

Dear Valued Guest;

Thank you for taking the time to write a review and for expanding on your experience with us. I truly appreciate your insight; it is regrettable that you felt that you received less than stellar accommodations. We place a great importance on taking care of our guests’ needs, and have had great response to our suites.

If your travels plans bring you back to South Beach I hope that you will consider staying with us at the Z Ocean Hotel again. I would like to personally ensure that you have a great experience and better accommodations. Please do not hesitate to contact me directly if I can be of any assistance to you on your next stay.

Thank you again for your candid review, I wish you all the best.

Reviewed 15 June 2012

I had a confirmed reservation at the Z Ocean Hotel and when I arrived I was told that a pipe broke in the room which was reserved for me. My niece and I arrived at 12:30 to celebrate our birthdays and the manager finally came out to talk to us after an hour of wait time..he apologized and said that he would try and find a hotel room for us to stay in..well that didn't happen until 3:30PM so he put us in the Betsy Hotel but of course the room was not ready now it is almost 4PM..wasted our day, our plan was to go to the beach as soon as we arrived, not the case..finally got to the beach and then at 6PM we had to give up our beach chairs, what's up with that in the mean time we reserved a room with a 4 person jacuzzi, wet bar, lounge chairs, table and chairs and where did he put me in a room at the Betsy on the bottom level where the people walking thru the breezeway could look right into the room so the blinds had to stay closed...I called the manager once again and told him this was unacceptable and he told me there was nothing else he could do for us..he did throw some ammenties our way but this was not what I paid for...I wanted the room that I reserved thru Megillin..they aslo said that there was nothing more they could do fo me since the manager gave us so many entitlements such as a free lunch, free breakfast (not the regular menu of course) and a massage. Whoopy, what happened to my jacuzzi which was on the rooftop overlooking South Beach, instead we had an alley way to view..
Don't you thing a pipe would be repaired in a day? I know at my house it can? They screwed me...they sold my room out from under me probably for more money...if that's their policy it could happen to you so think twice when you book at the Z OCEAN Hotel...

Room Tip: The service at the Betsy was okay if you like people looking into your room walking down the breezwa...
  • Stayed: April 2012, travelled with family
3  Thank Kathy33333_12

Dear Valued Guest;

Thank you for taking the time to write this honest review of the Z Ocean Hotel in South Beach. Your response is very important to us, it helps us become aware of areas of improvement.

It is regrettable that you were not pleased with our alternative offer for accommodations with an unavoidable circumstance that affected your stay at the hotel. We are taking steps to improve some of the areas that you have mentioned.

We hope that if your travels bring you back to South Beach that you will consider staying with us again. I would like to personally assure that your next trip is also a great experience. If I may be of any assistance to you on your next stay please do not hesitate to call me directly.

Thank you again for your candid review, I wish you all the best.