Z Ocean Hotel South Beach
US$459
US$329
US$238
  • Beachfront
Circa 39 Hotel(Miami Beach)(Great Value!)
US$320
US$309
  • Pool
Fontainebleau Miami Beach(Miami Beach)
US$623
US$436
US$394
US$337
US$380
US$335
  • Beachfront
The Miami Beach EDITION(Miami Beach)
US$609
US$405
US$371
Travelocity
2,049 results
All reviewsfront porch cafehot tubprivate jacuzzicrowne plazapenthouse suiterooftop terraceocean drivewet barsouth beachnespresso machinecomplimentary bottle of winehuge showerespanola wayrain showersitting areacity viewcollins avenue
FilterAll languages
Reviewed 1 August 2012

We just returned from four nights at this hotel. We arrived from a cruise about 10 a.m. and didn't think we'd get in early, check-in is 3 p.m. But they gave us pool usage and in an hour we were in our room!
Service is excellent, the restaurant in front, the Front Porch is great! The beach has two free plush chairs, towels, umbrellas per room. The rooms are amazing! We had a pool side room! The bathroom has three rooms, the marble ultra shower, then a sink area, then a toilet area, then another sink area So travel with a teenager you can always catch a mirror and sink!The room had two flat screen TVS one king bed, a sofa bed, a fridge microwave and amazing closet areas! Of course they had the minibar stuff too! The coffee machine was always replenished with cartridges. The pool towels were plush as were all of the towels! Twice I asked housekeeping to help with sofa bed and lighting and they were up in less than five minutes!
The only complaint, the pool closed at 8 as did the jacuzzi, and with a pool side room I was a bit choked about that. I guess they do it for security, people were goofing around in the pool but they had lots of patrollers so why not open to at least 10 p.m.?
THis hotel looks better inside than outside, it looks kind of rustic outside. I would not rent anything but poolside or ocean views or you would be not happy, the other views look pretty non=impressive. The place is quiet, many of the condos are preowned and they are rented out.

Room Tip: Pool side or ocean view
  • Stayed: July 2012, travelled with family
2  Thank bev1060
Zoceansales, Director of Sales at Z Ocean Hotel South Beach, responded to this reviewResponded 6 August 2012

Dear Value Guest:

Thanks for sharing your comments from your stay with us. We appreciate your feedback and your nice words about our modern and spacious rooms with stunning views. We are sorry to hear that you were not able to experience our pool service past 8pm and we are currently looking into perhaps extending those hours a bit later to accommodate our guests better.

We are glad to hear that our staff was attentive and prompt for any request you had during your stay. Our staff takes great pride in fast responses.

We truly hope you will be visiting us again soon and if you would like any assistance booking your next trip please let us know.

Kind regards,

Reviewed 29 July 2012

Staying at the Z Ocean Hotel was a great experience, from start to finish. I will divide my review between the good and bad:

The Bad- Very little to say here, except that it took a little longer than we'd like to check into our room (not a big deal at all), and that this is NOT an ocean front hotel. But they make amends for that by being located in VERY close proximity to the ocean, and providing free beach chairs, towels, and umbrellas to all the hotel customers (this makes a big difference- we had previously stayed in a hotel that was ocean front but didn't include free chairs!). It takes less than 1 minute to walk to the beach.

The Good- All of the staff is incredibly friendly and helpful. We stayed for our 5-year anniversary and they sent a nice bottle of wine to our room as a gift. Mickey at the concierge desk really knows his craft and he is willing and able to help you with ANY events or things you'd like to try- he set us up a posh dinner that wound up being a true 'experience'. The rooms are beautiful, some of the nicest that I've seen. High-end finishes, multi-jet showers, Bose speakers, two flat panel TVs, private fully furnished balconies, dual refrigerators (for snacks to buy and your own food), very comfortable beds, and very, very, clean.

If I stay again I will opt for a more expensive rooftop room that includes a private rooftop view/jacuzzi. Those seemed pretty worth the extra cash.

This hotel is very centrally located to the fun downtown areas of South Beach. The corner is great for people watching, and walking distance from any clubs, restaurants, shops, or beach lounging areas that you would want. The hotel itself contains a bar and adjacent restaurant with some pretty fabulous cuisine.

I sound like I am raving in this review, but it's only because this hotel did so much to meet my expectations. They even had a large golf umbrella in the hotel room closet, for when it rains. I wish all hotels put this much effort and attention to detail to overall hotel experience. I would recommend this hotel to anyone. You may not have an ocean view room- but you'll have everything else you could want!

• Stayed: July 2012, travelled as a couple
1  Thank Emily K

Dear Value Guest:

Thanks for sharing your comments from your stay with us. We appreciate your feedback and your nice words about our modern and spacious rooms with stunning views. We are sorry to hear about the confusion about the beach location from your arrival but as you stated the beach is less than a minutes walk from our hotel to the sand and once your there you are immediately taken care of by our beach staff offering you complimentary chairs, towels and umbrellas.

As you mentioned the Z Ocean is just steps from restaurants, bars and nightclubs so the options are many and was happy to hear that our concierge was able to assist you in making reservations,

Kind regards,

Reviewed 27 July 2012

PRO: I stayed here for 3 nights in July and was very pleased from the time I received my key until the time I checked out from the hotel. The front desk was so welcoming. I was greeted immediatley and given a map, suggestions on places to go, etc. The hotel itself is in the center of South Beach so access to everything is only a walking distance away. However if you prefer, the valet can wave down a taxi for you in less than 2 minutes. They personalize the room to the registered guest name (it's nice, trust me). Everything you need is in the room. I would suggest not more than 2 people stay in the 1 king size bedroom. It was just me and so I felt like it was an apartment. The only thing I didnt bring, but somehow the maid read my mind were "slippers", and after the first night I had a pair beside my bed without requesting them. The shower is the best with water coming from every direction depending on what you like. The resort fee was dropped $10 for some reason. I cant tell you why because I didnt want to ask. I was just happy it was dropped. BTW, you will be charged the fees regardless if you take advantage of the services or not. I left a pair of expensive heels in the room after checking out, and the security department shipped them to me immediately. I'm sure I'm not the only person to ever leave somthing behind, but I'm grateful I received them back v/s them disappearing all together.

CON: Prior to booking this trip, I read reviews much like you are doing now, and I noticed that someone stated their credit card was charged for items from the mini bar. Unfortunately so was mine. I was prepared however. I recorded from the time I opened my door for my own future story of bragging, and also took pictures seconds before departing (b/c my ROOM was 100% better than my friends who stayed at Eden). I am suppose to get credited for whatever the missing items were. This is my one and only gripe. Everything else was SUPER EXCELLANT in my opinion. I would definitely stay here again, and ofcourse document everything, not that I should have to.

Room Tip: My 2nd story room had direct access to lounge tables/chair/pool. I think the pool was only 4 feet, but the beach is right behind the hotel so it was a win/win. Also the glass sliding doors was sound proof for the most part. I didnt have any issues sleeping in.
  • Stayed: July 2012, travelled with friends
1  Thank Mizz S
Zoceansales, Director of Sales at Z Ocean Hotel South Beach, responded to this reviewResponded 30 July 2012

Dear Valued Guest;

Thank you for taking the time to write a review of our hotel, your response is very important to us. I am pleased that you enjoyed your stay here at the Z Ocean Hotel. We take great pride in our staff being able to accommodate guests needs and sometimes get the little things done without you having to ask for them (slippers). As for the mini-bar please accept our apologies for these erroneous charges and we are currently looking into streamlining this service for our guests to avoid these types of incidents moving forward.

Thank you for your kind words for our team, we strive to delivery exceptional guest service and ensure a pleasant guest experience. I am pleased to hear that you enjoyed our guest room accommodations, the pool, the Beach club and our Front Porch Café.

If your travels bring you back to Miami Beach I hope that you will consider staying with us again. Please do not hesitate to call me directly if I may be of any assistance to you on your next stay. We are looking forward to welcoming you back soon.

Take care

Reviewed 26 July 2012

The location on Collins Avenue is very good and you can exit on to Ocean Drive and take a really pleasant walk past the famous art deco buildings.

The room was good, we stayed as a family of four but the room is better suited to a couples break with the second bed being a foldaway double sofa bed. The shower was superb with 3 sets of jet and really nice tiling. It was my wifes birthday whilst we were staying and they recognised this with a very nice hand-written card and bottle of red wine - a really nice personal touch. Free wifi in lobby and the hotel provides access to loungers and umbrellas on the beach through another company, this was free as a Priority Club member. The concierge was also very helpful and booked restaurants for us.

We ate breakfast in the Front Porch cafe which was okay but not as good as some of the reviews led me to believe it would be. Parking was also steep at $32 per day, but this is Miami Beach so is probably to be expected.

All in all a good experience and we would go back.

• Stayed: July 2012, travelled with family
1  Thank MKFMark

Dear Valued Guest;

Thank you for taking the time to write a review of our hotel, your response is very important to us. I am pleased that you enjoyed your stay here at the Z Ocean Hotel. We are delighted that you and your family had a pleasant stay during your visit.

Take care

Reviewed 24 July 2012

I don’t normally write reviews but was reminded to when booking my next stay in Miami. I stayed here some time ago on Point Breaks and was upgraded to a Rooftop Suite. The stay was fantastic – the bed was uber comfortable, lovely layout and a Nespresso machine!

From a location perspective it was quiet enough to get a good night’s rest but with Jerry’s for breakfast opposite and Starbucks opposite and right next to the heart of South Beach it was perfect. Also there was nothing better than people watching from the balcony with a cold beer.
In fact it was so good that I have 2 one night stays coming up and have cashed in points to stay here again – pleased to say one of them has already been changed to a Rooftop Terrace!

Sure the stays will be just as good but updated review to follow!

If South Beach is what you are after, you won’t do better.

Room Tip: Rooftop Suites with hot tubs are amazing!
  • Stayed: August 2011, travelled as a couple
2  Thank crow99

Dear Valued Guest;

Thank you for taking the time to write a review of our hotel, your response is very important to us. I am pleased that you enjoyed your stay here at the Z Ocean Hotel. Glad to see you know our hotel well from the description. We like to say that if you draw a bulls-eye and make us the center everything is within walking distance from our little GEM.

We normally say if your travels but we know your coming so we look forward to welcoming you back and make your stay even more memorable than the last. Please do not hesitate to call me directly if I may be of any assistance to you on your next stay.

Take care,