Z Ocean Hotel South Beach
US$233
US$215
US$318
  • Pool
Hilton Cabana Miami Beach(Miami Beach)
US$248
US$433
US$371
Travelocity
2,052 results
All reviewsfront porch cafehot tubprivate jacuzzicrowne plazapenthouse suiterooftop terraceocean drivewet barsouth beachnespresso machinecomplimentary bottle of winehuge showerespanola wayrain showersitting areacity viewcollins avenue
FilterAll languages
Reviewed 28 May 2014

The staff were so inviting and friendly, I felt like a regular. Make sure you see Pat at the bar for a Front Porch Lemonade. Chris was an amazing waiter. He and the Front Porch restaurant staff went above and beyond to make our night special. I definitely recommend this hotel!

• Stayed: May 2014
1  Thank adcdefgh
ZFOM, Front Office Manager at Z Ocean Hotel South Beach, responded to this reviewResponded 31 May 2014

Good Morning adcdefgh,

We are extremely thrilled to hear that you enjoyed every every minute here at the Z Ocean! We will make sure to share your comments to Pat and Chris at the Front Porch Cafe! Thank you for taking the time to write an amazing review for us! Hopefully we see you soon to enjoy more good times!

Reviewed 27 May 2014 via mobile

Omg how I love this place! I've stayed in over 20 different places in sobe and by far my fave. They cater to every possible want or need I have. On return visits or on my bday stays they leave a free bottle of champagne in front of your door. The rooftop suites are insane. On roof You have a wet bar, jacuzzi, and huge lay out or party area. Retractable roof and shades on roof too. Perfect ocean views and location.

• Stayed: June 2013
2  Thank Diniss1

Good Morning Diniss1 ,

We are proud to here that you consider the Z Ocean Hotel the best hotel in south beach. We are thrilled that we can make your stays special and memorable. Thank you for writing such a wonderful review. Hopefully we will see you soon for another visit and birthday! Anything you need, please do not hesitate to contact the hotel.

Reviewed 24 May 2014

WoW! I took my mom last week for her b-day. She preferred to spend more time at the hotel than on the beach! Maybe because the staff was so amazing...especially Mickey. I told Mickey if he's not there when I come back I want a refund! Flosella and Shaleen were also fantastic. They were honest and helpful with all of my questions. Overall Z Ocean is a beautiful spacious hotel with great hotel staff. Big kudos to Mickey again. Thank you for taking the time to find concert tickets for my mom, we appreciated your efforts. # Medea

SNW

• Stayed: May 2014, travelled with family
2  Thank Sherrellenicole
ZFOM, Front Office Manager at Z Ocean Hotel South Beach, responded to this reviewResponded 26 May 2014

Good Afternoon Sherrellenicole,

Thank you for taking the time to write such a wonderful review for the Z Ocean Hotel. We are extremely thrilled to hear that you find our staff to be the very best! Your comments will most definitely be passed on to Mickey, Fiorella and Shaleen. We are happy that your mom and you were able to enjoy her birthday in a wonderful way. When you do return, Mickey will be here to assist you again with pleasure! We look forward to your next stay with us! Welcome to the family.

Reviewed 24 May 2014

OK, after two weeks in USA and our final stop at Z Ocean I was disappointed - we stayed for two nights. Z Ocean certainly has its faults and I find this the hardest review to write since some aspects are great but things let this place down badly.

We arrived in Miami in the worst rain you could possibly have driven in for an hour. Check in was lovely with the provision of a glass of bubbles each and the bellboy took us to our Penthouse suite - PH27. The suite itself is lovely. We had parked our car in valet parking (watch out for the very high prices).

We booked this hotel due to the rooftop terrace and partial sea view but in particular our own Jacuzzi. We were looking forward to using these facilities but was disappointed that due to the weather they had not been set up.

We needed our wifi urgently to postpone the thriller trip that we had booked on (due to the weather) but our connection did not work. After an hour of waiting following our call to reception we went downstairs to a "ooo didn't anyone come". New codes were given.

We then called reception later to fill our jacuzzi and sure enough about an hour later they had filled in (about 50% full) - I then just filled in up more myself. After a very stressful day I was heartbroken when we went up and on closer inspection found that some of the jets on the jacuzzi did not work and the whole terrace was shabby with weeds growing between the tiles, the sunbed was wickerwork which was unravelling and sodden from the rain, there were sun bed cushions which had bird pooh on them, the iPod docking station did not work, the fridge wanted throwing away, the curtain was useless and the electric sun shade did not work. The partial sea view really is partial, stand on a step, look around your neighbour wall and you can see the sea in about 20% of your view. Your terrace is very overlooked, as is everyone due to the layout - put it this way each time you climb the steps at least three rooms will say hello to you.

For a $400 per night stay I expected luxury and got OK. I picked myself up and we went out for a meal locally and later on went back to the hotel bar - there was no atmosphere (2 people in there) so we went to our room and had a coffee from the cool Nespresso machine. The instructions were for another machine and it took a few capsules to get it to work. There were 2 milk pots but 8 coffee capsules so we used both of these.

The next morning we went to use our Jacuzzi to discover it had been emptied - I really do not understand the policy of emptying but not refilling when I had asked for it to be filled the day before. Since they say it takes 40 minutes to fill and warm this is so annoying. We spent a lovely day in SoBE and got back to change for our evening meal to discover our room had been part serviced. Things such as the milk had not been replaced - why?!?!?

We used our Jacuzzi once since again on our final morning the Jacuzzi was drained and we had to check out. On check out we were not asked about our stay and we waited over 30 minutes to get our car from Valet since they were too busy rushing around after a family with bag after bag and kids. Once our car came they man handled our luggage when I was trying to stop them since we had a procedure to load our car so our luggage fitted.

The location is great, the opportunity this hotel has is amazing and from reviews it would seem that some peoples experience is amazing and some people really get the rough end of the deal. I was one of them and as a result I would not recommend since you arrive with such high expectations and leave under whelmed. This was the most expensive hotel we stayed in on our 18 night trip and when I leave better reviews for a $100 per night Hilton it says a lot.

Reading other negative comments I am sure the hotel will write that a Director of something will look into my feedback and it is all very important to them but I have to say it doesn't change how disappointed I feel because of my stay does it?

With Regrets :0(

• Stayed: May 2014, travelled as a couple
3  Thank Linda78LL

Good Afternoon Linda78LL,

Thank you for taking the time to write a review on your past stay with us here at the Z Ocean Hotel. We are saddened to hear that your expectations were far from met. We are known for great service and satisfaction. We are disappointed that you were not able to experience that. Your comments and feedback will be looked into and passed along to the appropriate departments. Please contact me directly at elen.terzis@ihg.com if you would like to discuss the matter further. We hope you return in the future so that you can experience the hotel the right way! I look forward to a response.

Reviewed 17 May 2014 via mobile

My husband and I spent 2 nights at the end of our fly drive holiday at this chic city hotel. Our check in was fabulous with valet parking and Dennis on reception was charming offering champagne and all the info we needed. A bellboy took us to our penthouse suite which was very well appointed. The bed and the bathroom were very luxurious.
We booked the penthouse suite because it has a rooftop terrace with a jacuzzi and sunbeds. We were looking forward to using these facilities to the full. We were so disappointed that some of the jets on the jacuzzi did not work and the whole terrace was shabby with weeds growing between the tiles, the sunbed was wickerwork which was unravelling, there were sun bed cushions which had bird pooh on them, the iPod docking station did not work and the electric sun shade did not work. We thought this hotel was expensive to be second rate like this. The bar closed very early but the location of this hotel is very good with a 24hr diner opposite and a 2 minute walk and you are on South beach.

Stayed: May 2014, travelled as a couple
3  Thank rosecottage528764
ZFOM, Front Office Manager at Z Ocean Hotel South Beach, responded to this reviewResponded 18 May 2014

Good Afternoon rosecottage528764,

Thank you for taking the time to write a review on your stay from the Z Ocean Hotel. Z Ocean Hotel is known to provide great service and a great product. We are saddened to hear that there was some bad with your stay. Please be assured that we take all feedback very seriously and it has been shared with our General Manager and Director of Engineering in order to improve future stays. Anything we can assist you with, please do not hesitate to contact me directly at elen.terzis@ihg.com. It would be my pleasure to assist you.