“A fantastic getaway that made a workaholic want to stay on vacation”

COMO Metropolitan Miami Beach
Ranked #4 of 208 Hotels in Miami Beach
GreenLeadersGold level
Mississauga, Canada
“A fantastic getaway that made a workaholic want to stay on vacation”
Reviewed 16 March 2014

The Metropolitan by Como has hit every aspect needed to create an individual ideal getaway for each guest right on the button. From a personalized letter welcoming you to the hotel to being surprised by freshly made pastries waiting for you on your return from the beach, Como has given me a new definition of attention to detail. The staff were delightful. Everyone was welcoming and prepared to help in any way possible. Diego in particular permeated impression of humble sophistication congruent to the Como brand. An ideal location far enough away from the packed part of South beach to enjoy a quiet relaxing day in the sun but close enough to walk over if you are looking for some excitement. Typically I am not a fan of hotel food. The chefs at Traymore again set another precedent in this regard. Tuna tartar being my absolute favourite (I ordered it 3 times). The rooms were spotless. The beds were comfortable. The shower has me thinking there is a bathroom renovation in my house's near future. The only thing I did not love was that the parking was a tad expensive. Coming from the hospitality industry in Canada I am generally a harsh judge and do not usually find myself going out of my way to write reviews, but the staff at Como must have seen me coming because I am enamored with the Como brand and am racking my brain to remember all the little touches I will be applying to my own business.

• Stayed March 2014, travelled with friends
1 Thank Ryan K
Javier B, General Manager at COMO Metropolitan Miami Beach, responded to this review, 20 March 2014
Dear Ryan K,

Workaholics always deserve a good vacation! Glad you were able to enjoy your time with us and take a moment to share your thoughts on your experience. We have been emphasizing attention to detail since our opening and I am glad to see it is paying off. I shared your remarks with Diego and wish to thank you for pointing out his efforts in particular – he is an incredibly valued member of our team.

Glad we could change your outlook on “hotel food”. We look forward to welcoming you back very soon.

Warm Regards,

Javier Beneyto

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (269)
  • Hebrew first
  • Korean first
Miami Lakes, Florida
Reviewed 16 March 2014

Breakfast and Lunch at the Traymore Restaurant and Bar in the new Metropolitan by COMO, Miami Beach hotel

After staying at Parrot Cay by COMO in Turks and Caicos, I can admit to being a devout follower of COMO Hotels and Resorts. After hearing the buzz about the new Metropolitan by COMO, Miami Beach hotel, and reading about how it has finally opened its doors, I couldn’t wait to try the new Traymore Restaurant and Bar at the hotel and was truly blown away by the exceptional service and the quality of cuisine that Miami Beach has been missing for the longest time. The restaurant offers two menus throughout the day – the main menu for breakfast, lunch and dinner and the ‘COMO Shambhala‘ menu, which is a lighter menu that uses fresh and organic ingredients used in various combinations with each healthy dish, to keep the plates flavorful and vibrant, unlike most health-focused menus available. I had various dishes from the COMO Shambhala menu at the Metropolitan’s sister property, Parrot Cay, and can say that the consistency in quality and freshness at The Traymore is quite remarkable. At lunchtime, I always look for something light but tasty, and the dishes I had over delivered on every level. Although each dish I tried was very light and healthy, the size of the plates were very substantial and fulfilling and noticeably larger than I was expecting. I was hungry for something healthy and departed very happy indeed.

The dishes I tried were the Green Goddess Soup, with seaweed and sunflower seeds; Kale, Pumpkin and Seaweed Salad, with marinated shiitakes, seeds and sprouts, tamari and orange dressing and the Seared Prawns with heirloom carrot and baby bean salad, hummus and orange blossom dressing. Every dish was phenomenal. My better half tried the Chicken Skewers, which had assorted grain, dried fruit and nut salad with tahini yoghurt sauce. He said this was exceptional.

I then came back the week after to try the breakfast menu, which I was very much looking forward to. The Traymore offers a breakfast menu of hot plates, ranging from pancakes to eggs of any kind and ‘The Met Breakfast’ (sausage, eggs and potatoes) for example, amongst other heated delights. What I craved for more and more was the delectable breakfast buffet, beautifully displayed on the bar counter. Juices, and an assortment of fruit, yoghurt and the freshest pastries I’ve ever tasted were all I could ask for first thing in the morning. I even arrived after 11:00am, when I was told the breakfast buffet ends, and was pleasantly surprised to see they were able to accommodate me, even though I wasn’t a guest of the hotel.

I decided to order the Ricotta Pancakes with blueberries, raspberries and bananas, which was a healthy treat that delights the palate and was light enough to avoid breaking the diet. This option was extremely flavorful and the combination of pancake with fresh fruit, always hits the spot first thing in the morning. The freshness of this dish even inspired me to start trying to make it at home! Before my Ricotta Pancakes, I wanted to try the yoghurt, which I remember from Parrot Cay, were so amazingly soft and creamy with diverse flavors such as Mango and Passion Fruit. I tried the Passion Fruit yoghurt that was heavenly. My better half decided to go for the Met Breakfast, as he likes to have something warm and cooked in the morning. He said how the eggs and pork sausage (they also have a turkey sausage option) were cooked to perfection, with the potatoes, sprinkled with peppers, acting as the perfect accompaniment. I was dying to try one of the COMO Shambhala Wellness Juices from the menu of 10 choices available. These are cold pressed juices, available in every COMO property worldwide and are designed to replenish and revitalize, along with being very nutritional. I tried the “Stress Reliever” which included carrots, apple, ginger and grapes or Beets (not sure which) and was one of the best juices I have every tasted. This gave me the energy I needed for the rest of the day.

The Art Deco design of the hotel keeps the original style from the 1930’s gives the whole hotel and restaurant a sense of peace and tranquility, with the soothing mint green tones, grays and whites almost transporting you in time. The terrace outside and overlooking the pool is where we had our breakfast, and is beautifully peaceful and serene, allowing you to eat in privacy, while at the same time, being a great spot for watching the locals enjoy the outdoor weather. This is my new number one place to go in South Beach after my yoga class, for a delightful drink at the pool bar, breakfast or lunch with my friends or better half.

Next up, an overnight stay at the hotel itself. Stay tuned.

• Stayed March 2014, travelled with family
Dear 4theluvoflife,

I must admit, I was incredibly touched reading your thorough rave review. I went ahead and shared your review with our team so they could get a sense of the impact they are having with our guests thus far. We take great pride in our cuisine and glad you were able to enjoy. You also touched on some of my personal favorite dishes with the Ricotta Pancakes and passion fruit yogurt. Additionally, I am humbled by your comments regarding our pastry team – we are trying to bring something new and different to Miami Beach.

Let us know when you are ready to try the hotel itself – we are confident it will be another enjoyable experience. Do not hesitate to contact me directly if I can be of any assistance on your next visit.

All the best,

Javier Beneyto

PS Thank you for the stunning images, as well!
Miami Beach, Florida
Reviewed 15 March 2014

I had an amazing time at the Metropolitan, we were perfectly received by the whole staff making us feel very special.
Everything is about details in this very refined place, food is delicious, decoration is amazingly beautiful, the sweet sound of music as a background, this is a perfect romantic place to hang out!! In the heart of South beach but keeping the quiet spirit of Art deco... i felt in love with the place :)

• Stayed March 2014
Dear mariannecamy,

Thank you kindly for taking the time to leave this review following your stay with us. On behalf of our entire team, it was a pleasure having you on property. We take great pride in our property’s design, cuisine, and service. I am glad you were able to make the most of your visit.
On behalf of our entire team, we look forward to welcoming you back to the Metropolitan by COMO, Miami Beach.

Warm Regards,

NEW JERSEY
Reviewed 14 March 2014

We just returned today from the newly opened Metropolitan Como Hotel in South Beach. We have stayed at many SOBE properties over the past 5 years including the W Hotel. I have to say the Como is like staying in a European friend's gorgeous beach house. Everyone was so welcoming, we felt like traveling royalty. A personal handwritten message from Javier, the General Manager, made us feel the extra warmth that is so missing in the bigger properties. The note was accompanied by a beautiful plate of desserts. The overall vibe is sleek, modern and so,so, so comfortable. The beds were like sleeping in the clouds. The staff is amazing and will go to any length to make your stay a successful and happy experience. Of course the overall warmth generates from the wonderful Javier, who makes you feel like the only guest staying at Como. The rooms are new and engineered as only an International Hotel group could with well thought-out features. My husband would literally not get out of the Rain Forest Shower for over 45 minutes. He was in love! He also was mad for the reading lights that are affixed to the custom lovely white leather headboard. He is ordering them for home. We didn't try the restaurant but it seems to be winning rave reviews with many people doing lunch and dinner at the foxy Traymore. Whoever the designer is for hotel, I felt captured nuance of luxurious elegance by the sea. I felt so relaxed by the infinity pool area. An oasis like no other with lovely modern furniture and an amazing outdoor sitting area. This is our new home away from home. Just a dream on South Beach.....

Room Tip: ask for oceanfront if possible...
  • Stayed March 2014, travelled as a couple
Javier B, General Manager at COMO Metropolitan Miami Beach, responded to this review, 16 March 2014
Dear ARMCHAIRTRAVELER56,

Thank you for taking the time to write a review on your recent stay at the Metropolitan by COMO, Miami Beach.

It is with great excitement that we read your review and acknowledge the wonderful experience you had while staying at our hotel.

I want to mentioned that perhaps I am one of the people that is at the front of the hotel but there are many team members working behind the scenes in order to make your stay something special. We are thrilled to know that you value our warm welcoming the same way that you enjoy the rain showers in the rooms and comfortable beds.

We keep looking forward to welcoming you during future stays.

New York City, New York
Reviewed 13 March 2014

We have been Goldilocksing our way up and down Miami/South beach for years, finally we found the place that is just right. The hotel is in a chill location (away from the hordes). Both the pool and the beach are sublime. The food, oh wow, it is truly inspired. Not a ton of parking around. Trust the gents at the valet, they were aces. Check in was easy and well run. The room was fantastic with lovely decor, a perfect bed, fun lighting and finally enough shoe space for two ladies. Every member of staff was on their A-game, but a special shout out to Sunny at the pool bar. This hotel is something spectacular. I just hope they have room for us next month...

• Stayed March 2014, travelled as a couple
Dear BigTrippinNYC,

We are delighted to receive such a wonderful review from your stay at the Metropolitan by COMO, Miami Beach.
It is certainly exciting for us to read that you enjoy our quiet location and dining services. We will pass on your compliments to Sunny.

Hoping to welcome you back shortly.

New York City, New York
Reviewed 11 March 2014

We had a great weekend at the Metropolitan COMO on south beach (former Traymore) this past weekend. The hotel is situated on a quieter stretch of south beach which was perfect for us. The pool and beach experience were excellent - the staff there were very attentive & it was beautifully relaxing as a result. The hotel decor/room design was simple but charming - with lovely attention to detail. We ate breakfast and lunch at the hotel both of which were delicious. The hotel is still getting up and running (it was their 1st week open...) & was about 85% complete during our stay which resulted in a few niggles that we highlighted to management - who responded perfectly. Thank you to Javier and team for a great stay - look forward to coming back & trying the hydrotherapy pool etc another trip!

• Stayed March 2014, travelled with friends
Javier B, General Manager at COMO Metropolitan Miami Beach, responded to this review, 12 March 2014
Dear hellokatieh,

We are very pleased to read your review regarding your stay at Metropolitan by COMO, Miami Beach.
It is fantastic to know that you have been delighted with a weekend full of relaxation and great dining experiences at our property.

Looking forward to welcoming you back very soon.

Miami Beach, Florida
Reviewed 10 March 2014

I'm a regular customer of the Raleigh on Collins each was the only Art Deco Hotel on Collins avenue that kept its authentic flair over the years/owners... Well not anymore!

The Metropolitan by COMO brings back the taste of what the wealthy traveler could have experienced in the 40's when traveling to South Beach.

I feel pretty special every time I'm having my breakfast on the terrasse enjoying exquisite food (everything they served is made in-house) whitout having to suffer some blasting techno music from a random DJ.

I also appreciate the fact that they respected the original design and feel of the place without going overboard with the decoration. Less is more is the Moto here which brings the elegance back to Miami.

Thank you and please keep it as is.

• Stayed March 2014
Javier B, General Manager at COMO Metropolitan Miami Beach, responded to this review, 11 March 2014
Dear LouisCamy,

Thank you very much for dedicating your valuable time to review your experience at the Metropolitan by COMO, Miami Beach.
We are truly honored to read that you value the authenticity and further design and decoration aspects of our property.

We can assure you we will remain just the way we are, yet we will keep working hard in order to maintain the enjoyable experience you had so far.