“Excellent Stay”

GreenLeadersGold level
Atlanta
“Excellent Stay”
Reviewed 5 June 2014

I just returned from an outstanding stay at one of Miami's newest boutique hotel's -- Metropolitan by Como. I was having trouble choosing where to stay while accompanying my husband on a business trip last week to Miami. I wanted a switch from the larger resorts where I have stayed before, although very nice, I wanted a new experience and a more central location. At a dinner party, a couple I was speaking with had just returned and raved about it. That was it -- coupled with Trip Advisor's top rating -- I booked my reservation that night. There is really something to be said about the unbelievable personal service and attention to detail that was present throughout our entire stay. Every time I saw the manager Javier he checked in on us. We received delicious chocolate treats delivered to our room the first night there. The pool staff was beyond attentive. When I was just thinking I needed another towel it was delivered to me. Chairs are extremely comfortable at the pool and there is a nice assortment of chairs and beds both around the pool and in the shaded area. I also love the fitted towels that don't move! Another thing I loved was how clean I ate during this trip. The hotel makes it so easy to eat well -- from the over the top full juice menu that targets specific parts of the body to the many delicious and healthy choices at the pool, I was in heaven. The manager even sent us juices when we checked in when I mentioned I was looking forward to having one. We never ate in Traymore, the main restaurant for dinner because of prior plans but it is getting rave reviews and I heard great things about it while chatting with locals while shopping around South Beach. Next time for sure! The hotel offers convenient beach access right behind the pool with complimentary chairs that are included with your stay. Location wise, I loved this hotel. It was out of the South Beach craziness but close enough to walk to great dining, Lincoln Road shopping, and I loved walking on the boardwalk in the mornings. There is construction going on next door, but it never bothered me and I never heard it in my room. The rooms are sleek and smart and the bed was very comfy. Turn down service was really a second room cleaning and the rooms were immaculately kept by housekeeping. Javier and his team are really doing things right at the Metropolitan by Como. I will be back!

3 Thank Melissa S
Javier B, Manager at COMO Metropolitan Miami Beach, responded to this review, 8 June 2014
Dear Melissa S,

We feel very happy to read your excellent review on your stay at the Metropolitan by COMO, Miami Beach.

We are very proud to know that you enjoyed the amenities delivered to your room everyday, as well as our juice selection and the healthy options offered by the COMO Shambhala cuisine. Since day one we believe that the differences are in the small details and providing our guests with options.

We hope to welcome you back in the near future and I highly recommend you to try the Traymore restaurant during your next stay. I will be delighted to personally book and look after your reservations.

Operations Manager

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (266)
  • Hebrew first
  • Korean first
Reviewed 5 June 2014

I stayed at Metropolitan by COMO Miami Beach with my wife one night over the weekend, this is a true gem nestled in Miami Beach and I highly recommend it to anyone. It is truly a breath of fresh air to be in such a tranquil and peaceful environment, totally surprising from the stereotypical preconceptions one would have about South Beach in general. The hotel has a beautiful and unique design that vibes with Miami Beach, yet breathes an air of sophistication and timelessness. The service is probably the best I have experienced in Miami, the staff are absolutely attentive and personable, so friendly and sincere. This was just a quick get-away but I would love to come back for a longer stay. The Spa treatments were world-class, we had the Indian head massage and also the Como Shambhala massage and we were both left completely rejuvenated and relaxed. This new hotel is a must for any luxury traveler.

• Stayed June 2014, travelled as a couple
1 Thank HollywoodGM
Dear HollywoodGM,

Thank you for dedicating your time to review your recent stay.
We are very glad to acknowledge your pleasant experience while staying with us, and that you have finally found a place that deserves your loyalty in Miami Beach.

It is also fantastic to read your comments about your experience at the COMO Shambhala Urban Escape. I will be delighted to make reservations for your treatments during future stays.

Looking forward to welcoming you back shortly.

Brooklyn, New York
Reviewed 2 June 2014

Perfect Vacation! My girlfriend and I had the most relaxing week enjoying the beautiful beach and pool lounge area. The staff was very helpful, attentive, and professional who truly know how to treat its guests.

We ordered lunch to the pool/ beach everyday and everything on the menu was delicious. In addition to the hotel restaurant, there are some great food options in the area (be sure to check out YardBird while you're in the area...).

I highly recommend the Metropolitan by Como to anyone looking for a luxury stay in South Beach, you wont be disappointed.

3 Thank RobCoy
Dear RobCoy,

Thank you very much for reviewing your recent stay at the Metropolitan by COMO, Miami Beach.
We gladly receive your comments expressing the attentiveness of our staff, it is our devotion to make each and every guest feel special.

Wishing to welcome you back very soon.

New York City, New York
Reviewed 31 May 2014

Excellent!!

The staff, under the leadership of General Manager, Javier Beneyto, are superb. Clearly, selecting the best people is a Como priority and it makes all the difference. My wife and I stayed for just under a week and were so happy that we only left the hotel once - for dinner - it's an oasis! We love the beach set up, the pool, the dining room, the roof top spa...This is our first Como experience and we will return, but now, also, plan to visit other resorts in the group.

Leslie and Teresa Scott

1 Thank Leslie S
Javier B, Manager at COMO Metropolitan Miami Beach, responded to this review, 9 June 2014
Dear Leslie S,

We are very grateful while reading your excellent review and are very proud that you rate us so highly.

At the Metropolitan by COMO, Miami Beach service excellence has been our priority from day one and hence every team member goes through very thorough training. We are then very happy to read we are achieving what we have pursued

I will certainly look up after you upon your return.

Crosswicks, New Jersey
Reviewed 28 May 2014 via mobile

The Metropolitan by COMO is intimate property that is close to south beach but far enough away from the crowds, which was appreciated given it was Memorial Day weekend.

As others have noted, the design is very unique with clean lines and cool colors. I understand how the aesthetic may be too stark and sterile for some; however, I thought it was beautiful.

Our corner room was small, but nicely appointed. We received complimentary bottled water and a sweet amenity daily.

The rooftop pool was closed for maintenance; however, the outside pool is lovely, with ample seating. Unlike many properties on South Beach, the Metropolitan by COMO has a small, but clean, less rocky section of beach.

Breakfast was very good. The COMO Shambala menu offers a variety of options for those with special dietary needs.

Overall, the staff took great pride in being part of the first Como property in the U.S.; and they seemed genuinely interested in ensuring a great customer experience. A special thanks to Nancy, in the restaurant, who made time to recommend things to do for a true Miami experience.

Overall, a great stay.

• Stayed May 2014
2 Thank Jackson071004
Dear Jackson071004,

We are really glad to read that you have enjoyed your visit during this past memorial day weekend.

It is fantastic to know tha you enjoy the privacy and relaxation offered due to our priviledged location. Be sure we will pass on the positve comments to Nancy and the rest of the team.

Hoping you welcoming you back soon.

New York City, New York
Reviewed 26 May 2014

Intimate property with white glove service. Where the experience shines is in the personal attention from the staff. Everyone called me by name and anticipated my every need. Its shows that great service is not just about friendliness but also the training to ensure that each staff member is confident in their role.
The restaurant is singular on the beach and reflects the the physical decor of the hotel, opulently served but without pretense and full of substantive deliciousness!

I have never been a Miami Beach guy. This trip was for my girlfriend. The Metropolitan turned me around. I plan to return before the summers out!

2 Thank David M
Dear David M,

Thank you very much for your review.
We are honored to receive your endorsement read all the positive experiences you had while staying with us.

We look forward to welcome you back shortly.

Rogers, Arkansas
Reviewed 26 May 2014

My sister and I had an amazing experience at the Metropolitan Hotel by COMO in South Beach. The hotel is immaculate and the staff is beyond exceptional. The property clearly pays homage to the Miami Beach mystic and glamour of eras past with a delightful modern twist. If I were a local, I would be a regular at this exquisite hotel.

The Metropolitan’s restaurant, Traymore--which pays homage to the Traymore Hotel that formally was housed in the property--is mouthwatering delicious. While we did not get a chance to eat breakfast, the menu was impressive. My sister had freshly squeezed orange juice and she commented on how great it was because of the hints of lime and lemon and slight kick of cayenne pepper.

Though we missed breakfast, we did have dinner, which was excellent! My birthday dinner at Traymore was one of the best meals I’ve ever had. I say this as an extensive traveler who has eaten in restaurants around the world.

We started with the grilled octopus salad as an appetizer. For an entrée, my sister had the roasted chicken and I had the halibut, which we both recommend ordering. I was surprised by my birthday dessert that consisted of chocolate and orange crisps served with blood orange sorbet. It was simply divine. I wanted to lick the plate, but both the hotel and restaurant were too beautiful and elegant of an atmosphere to do so.

I highly recommend this hotel because no other place can match the service and quality that the Metropolitan provides. And as an added bonus, you never know who you will be eating dinner with, which could turn out to be the ex-president of a country (whom was actually eating at the property when we were there).

If I could give the Metropolitan a rating of 6, I would have done so because of how this hotel shines above the rest!

• Stayed May 2014, travelled with family