“Awesome Hotel in a Perfect Location”

COMO Metropolitan Miami Beach
Ranked #4 of 208 Hotels in Miami Beach
GreenLeadersGold level
Rocklin, California
“Awesome Hotel in a Perfect Location”
Reviewed 25 June 2014

This hotel was so nice and had great service. From the moment we arrived we were taken care of! We were shown to our room along with baggage assistance, and had an amazing room with ocean view! The location of this hotel was one of the best features, it was close enough to all the restaurants and bars but not right next to all the loud night life. There is a private beach with beach chairs on site which makes for an even more relaxing experience! One of my favorite things about the hotel was the rooftop hydrotherapy spa, the view is incredible and it was great to be able to wake up and relax in the spa before we started each day. Can't wait to go back to Miami and stay at The Metropolitan again!

• Stayed June 2014, travelled with friends

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (264)
  • Hebrew first
  • Korean first
St. Petersburg, Florida
Reviewed 24 June 2014

Finally an amazing place on south beach that it is relaxing!!!! service is amazing, food is fantastic. The location and atmosphere are sublime!!!!
the attention to details is what we were looking for and we found it with this place. I guess it just opened but they are ready to deliver amazing service. The restaurant is wonderful both food and service. we were really impressed and can't wait to come back.
Like my wife said an amazing relaxing place in sobe!!!
We would recommend it to anyone looking for luxury in south beach!

CWB
Reviewed 19 June 2014

Great Miami experience!
Front desk/concierge managed to confirm all the reservations requested.
Friendly and very helpfull staff in the hotel, restaurant, pool & beach.
A few additional costs are not included in the price. Be sure to include breakfast!
Recommended. Special thanks to Kashan and Valeria!

Room Tip: A few oceanview rooms have balcony!
  • Stayed June 2014, travelled as a couple
Javier B, Manager at COMO Metropolitan Miami Beach, responded to this review, 23 June 2014
Dear GuiBreda,

Thank you for investing your valuable time to review your recent stay at the Metropolitan by COMO, Miami Beach.

We feel very glad to know you rate us so highly and love the beautiful pictures you have shared.

Hope to have you visit us again very soon.

Kind regards,

London
Reviewed 17 June 2014

I had decided to tag on 3 days of holiday after a week of work in Miami where I was based at the Mandarin Oriental in Brickell and was looking for a hotel that was close to South Beach, not in the thick of the 'party scene', but close enough that I could walk to Lincoln Road. A hotel that was chic and luxurious but not full of Kardashian / Kanye wannabes where I would feel too uncool to sit by the pool. A hotel with direct access to the beach with decent chairs and waiter service. A hotel that wasn't overrun with families and kids, and one that wasn't too big, brash and impersonal. Sounds like a tall order I know, but after considering a number of properties and reading some of the reviews I opted for the new Metropolitan by Como, and I couldn't have picked a more perfect hotel.

Literally from the moment I arrived in the airy and spacious original Art Deco lobby, the service and consideration I received was impeccable. You felt an immediate sense of calm from the understated yet personal service and the cool muted grey and peppermint green colour palette. The whole place smacked of class and elegance.

As my room wasn't ready yet (I had rocked up at midday!) I was personally shown around the hotel and given a welcome cocktail (without scrimping on the alcohol) by the pool where again, the service couldn't have been better. A lovely waiter then informed me that my room was ready and checked in. The hotel rooms are apparently on the small side for Miami but coming from London and being used to the rooms in European hotels I would say that they were more than adequate and I only had a standard room. Again in the grey and peppermint theme, the room was cool and spotlessly clean. The walk in shower was amazing, and the products smelt delicious. They also leave you a little plate of chocolate goodness every day including mini brownies, macaroons and other treats. The attention to detail in this hotel is faultless.

The restaurant for breakfast, lunch and dinner offers a great selection of both healthy and not so healthy options which you can choose to have by the pool or on the beach. Unlike other hotels I have stayed in in the US they don't automatically add on a service charge which makes a huge difference, so you get to decide what to tip, but probably works in their favour ultimately as the service is so good, you want to tip.

The pool and beach areas are not huge but they are luxurious and relaxing and service is fantastic. They had just opened the new hydropool up on the rooftop which I tried out, along with the 'special' showers and steam room. All were first class.

During my stay I met the General Manager, a charming man from Madrid called Javier, who couldn't have been nicer and even arranged a late check out as my flight home wasn't until late in the evening. All in all it was a fabulous stay and helped me totally unwind from a hectic week of work.

I am sure this review sounds ridiculously gushing but I really couldn't fault my stay at this hotel, which being a Corporate Event Manager and travelling a lot for work, is very rare indeed, as no doubt my friends and colleagues would testify.

• Stayed June 2014, travelled solo
9 Thank MandarLondon
Reviewed 15 June 2014 via mobile

This Hotel is awesome! Great staff, they are really really kind.
The hotel bedroom was excellent - super clean and very nice for a good night to sleep - as so the swimming pool services were perfect.
We loved the breakfast also. We will came back for sure!!!

Stayed June 2014, travelled as a couple
Dear Pkroli,

We are delighted to read such a nice review and to acknowledge you had a great time during your stay.
We continue to work hard in order to make your future stays even more enjoyable.

Best regards,

Plantation, Florida
Reviewed 9 June 2014

What an outstanding vacation spot in Miami!!! A little taste of paradise tucked into Miami Beach. From the moment we checked in, to entering our room and finding the tray of desserts, to dining in the absolutely fantastic restaurant, we were treated as though we were the only guests that the hotel had to think about. The staff is one of the most professional and courteous staffs we have ever encountered in our travels. The only place to stay in Miami.

• Stayed May 2014, travelled as a couple
2 Thank Debbie H
Dear Debbie H,

I would like to thank you on behalf of the team for your recent review.
Although remaining humble, we feel very proud of every comment you made and we are specially happy to see you have enjoyed a well deserved vaction.

Hoping to welcome you back shortly.

Best regards,

Fort Lauderdale, Florida
Reviewed 9 June 2014

This Hotel is diffinately a 5 strar WOW.Upon check in, was greeted by staff and Sam who were very attentive and professional, rooms were cozy and very clean modern decor They had little desserts in our room every day..Hotel was decorated very chic. The pool devine with Scully the pool man, keep me covered through out the day as to keep the Sun off of me, he kept moving the umbrella through my pool stay as I burn very easy with out being asked.This was my anniversary and They went above my expectations, The Traymore restaurant ,I have eaten around the world in my 60 years and this was the BEST meal I ever EATEN, from the soft shell crab, the sea bassThe steak was like butter, to the picture perfect desserts, The Chef Johnathan Lane came to our table, the wine steward, Sergio came by to offer suggestions.Wished I could have stayed longer, the friendliest Hotel in Miami. They simply know how to treat guest.I will definately go back.

Room Tip: All rooms are new and tatesfully decorated
Dear Gary S,

Thank you very much for your comprenhesive review of your recent stay at the Metropolitan by COMO, Miami Beach.

We so glad to read that you appreciated the third step service we are implementing by concentrating in small details that you have enjoyed. I also want to point out that we feel honored that you consider your dinner at the Traymore Restaurant & Bar the best you ever had, we will definitely pass on your compliments to Chef Lane, Sergio and the rest of the team.

Looking forward to have you stay with us very soon.