COMO Metropolitan Miami Beach
US$424
US$275
US$238
  • Beachfront
Fontainebleau Miami Beach(Miami Beach)
US$425
US$227
US$213
thepalmshotel.com
US$221
US$204
  • Beachfront
The Miami Beach EDITION(Miami Beach)
US$461
US$426
US$345
US$314
  • Beachfront
Hilton Cabana Miami Beach(Miami Beach)
US$233
US$204
  • Beachfront
Circa 39 Hotel(Miami Beach)(Great Value!)
US$191
US$170
Travelocity
US$272
US$199
1,524 results
All reviewshydrotherapy pooltraymore restaurantsteam roomnespresso machinethe general managersmall hotelprivate beachart decoother hotelsresort feepool barocean driveturn down servicecollins avenuepool staffamazing servicepool side
FilterAll languages
Reviewed 31 August 2014

We visited the Metropolitan by COMO for the second time this year because we had a fantastic first experience. We were not let down a second time. Led by General Manager, Javier Beneyto, the entire Metropolitan team is fantastic. They are genuinely friendly and care about your stay (we actually don't care for when hotels are overly attentive to the point of being fake). We even had a couple minor problems come up, and the team completely made up for the mistakes. They stand behind their word and service, which is rare in this industry.

We will be back for the following reasons:

1) Jonathan Lane is one, if not the, best chefs in Miami. He is joined by Emmanuel Alves, an incredible pastry chef. Every single meal was made with fresh, organic ingredients. The menu is excellent (top NYC/Paris quality). Surprisingly, the pool menu is also amazing! The salads, pizza and grilled corn with chile sauce are fantastic. We highly recommend going to the Metropolitan just for the food.

2) Service - some of the best service we've ever experienced anywhere in the world. The registration desk, restaurant and pool are staffed with friendly professionals who take a genuine interest in their customers. Special thanks to Anastasia, Stefan, the entire pool staff and Javier.

3) Excellent spa and spa staff, but it's small because of the size of the hotel.

4) Perfect beach - plenty of room and excellent beach chairs and cabanas, etc.

5) Location is perfect. It's within walking distance of great restaurants and the famous Ocean Drive, but far enough away from all the noise and tourists.

If you are looking for a "down-to-earth" quality resort with A++ food and service, then the Metropolitan is by far one of the best places to stay in Miami Beach. We can compare it only to Canyon Ranch which is much more "stuffy" and further north. The food is by far better at the Metropolitan, but the spa is bigger/better at Canyon Ranch.

The Metropolitan by Como will be our "go to" Miami Beach hotel going forward. We will be back soon.

Room Tip: It's helpful to get a room with a balcony, but it's not necessary given there is a fantastic pool area and beach.
  • Stayed: August 2014, travelled as a couple
ThibautCOMO, Director of Sales at COMO Metropolitan Miami Beach, responded to this reviewResponded 3 September 2017

Reviewed 30 August 2014

Wonderful boutique hotel.The staff was welcoming from the front desk,restaurant,pool area and beach.We were upgraded to a ocean front room which had all the amenities.The food in the restaurant was outstanding.

1  Thank Martin B

Reviewed 29 August 2014

I had the pleasure of staying at Metro by Como - Miami Beach, FL 25 AUG thru 29 AUG 2014.
My very first stay at a boutique hotel in South Beach. I must say, I will probably never patronize a large, crowded, major-chain establishment on my next visit in December. This place was simple, elegant, unpretentious, and reasonably priced. I was first impressed by the chic decor of my room as well as that of the property. The pool deck was perfect. It had charming and trendy design that used the natural beauty of its nestled location to create aesthetic bliss. Facilities at this location were clean, inviting, and most importantly - relaxing.

The staff was responsive, but not overbearing, friendly, but not awkward. Each day, I was greeted and treated with smiles, grins, and kindness. The beach completed the experience. It is just a few steps from the property, unlike many hotels in the area. Its private enough that one peacefully enjoys the blue seas, but open enough that one doesn't find himself confined and cut-off from the rest of the vibrant South Beach festivities.

I want to thank the following individuals for a lovely time:

Gilbert - Beach (Thanks for setting us up)
Domi - Beach ( Thanks for the burger, the pizza wasn't bad :) )
Sadhyi - Pool Deck/Bar
Mario - Pool Deck/Bar
Elliot - Beach
Elisha & Judit - Front Desk
And most certainly the young lady from Miami who took care of our room
on Wednesday evening.

and most importantly the management team, Javier and Diego.

Thank you all for your patience and your service.

Best Regards,

J Eric Hamlin
#406

Room Tip: Request and Ocean view, Umbrellas are $25 on the beach (I think this property has a contract with an outside company for them),
  • Stayed: August 2014, travelled with friends

Reviewed 28 August 2014

We don't usually fly south in summer, but our weekend in Miami Beach was a real vacation at the Metropolitan. Driving on Collins Avenue, it's easy to miss this small hotel among the big condos and hotels typical of Miami. The Metropolitan is a beautiful oasis of calm and excellence, from the reception desk to the dining room, the poolside to the guest room. Over our three-day stay (with ocean view!) we had two breakfasts, three lunches (poolside) and one dinner. The food was so delicious there was no need to leave except to find some high-energy nightlife. Try the fish seviche and fish tacos! The bed is big and comfortable, the bathrobes cozy and the AC just right – even when it's 95 outside. Also highly recommend the rooftop spa, both for the view and the great massage. The Metropolitan is our new favorite hotel for all seasons. Will definitely return.

Room Tip: Ocean view on east end, Inland Waterway and Miami views on west end. Balconies on side rooms.
  • Stayed: July 2014, travelled as a couple

Reviewed 25 August 2014

My husband and I just returned to the UK from a long weekend staying at the Metropolitan. I booked the hotel as a surprise for my husband's 30th birthday based on TripAdvisor reviews and it certainly lived up to and deserved the wonderful feedback. The service we received throughout our stay was second to none, I can honestly say that I have never been so impressed. From the initial email I sent to the hotel asking them to make a fuss of my husband for his birthday, to checking in and throughout our stay, the staff really made us feel welcome and nothing was ever too much trouble. I'd particularly like to mention Jack behind The Traymore bar and Sadhy who looked after us by the pool. As for making a fuss of my husband, the team rolled out all the stops - a surprise room upgrade, a surprise birthday cake and complimentary dessert at the end of our meal on the first night at the hotel restaurant: The Traymore. On the note of food, we ate at the restaurant only the once and didn't have breakfast in the hotel but the food was absolutely lovely.
The rooms are beautifully decorated and very comfortable with a nod to the hotel's Art Deco past; one minor suggestion would perhaps be to have a little more information on the SoBe area and hotel's spa in the room. Our room had a Nespresso machine so I was never without my caffeine fix first thing in the morning!
The location of the hotel is perfect, right on the beach and a little further up from the louder hotels so it is very relaxing. Still, if you want to party then it's only a short cab ride or 15 minute walk down to Lincoln Road. The last time I was in Miami I stayed at the Mandarin in Brickell and while it was lovely, it was too quiet; the Metropolitan is the perfect solution.
My only negative comment would be the price to hire an umbrella on the beach; $25 in my opinion is a little steep and you certainly need an umbrella in the scorching Miami heat but I understand that the service is not run by the hotel directly so I don't think they have much say in the matter.
We wouldn't hesitate to stay here again, we had a wonderful long weekend in Miami.

1  Thank HelenaM83