“Great stay at a prime location ”

Suites on South Beach Miami
Ranked #115 of 208 Hotels in Miami Beach
Miami
“Great stay at a prime location ”
Reviewed 15 June 2014 via mobile

I stayed at the hotel with my friend for 3 nights.
The room was exactly like in the picture, very nice and clean. The air condition was powerful, the bathroom was great, the room had everything we needed (kitchen with a fridge was a plus!!). The staff was pleasant and helpful. There was one night when a group of people next to our room made noice after midnight , we mentioned it to the front desk and it got resolved the following night. One of the beds was squeaking, I think there was a plastic cover that was still on. Great hotel, will come again.

4 Thank MaryMun
Eddie N, Manager at Suites on South Beach Miami, responded to this review, 20 December 2014
Hello Mary, thank you for the positive review - we are happy to read that you enjoyed your time with us at the hotel - I also wanted to inform you that we have purchased and replaced every bed in the property, so you should not have any issues with a squeaky mattress/bed any longer! Hope to see you again in the near future!

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (49)
  • Polish first
  • Slovak first
Reviewed 5 May 2014 via mobile

We stayes here for 3 nights before doing a cruise and was very impressed. It was better than what we thought. They are just lovely little apartments with everything you need for your stay without any drama. Staff was lovely and friendly also. The hotel is in a perfect location in the middle of everything. 2 minutes from the beach and 5 minutes to the bars and restaurants. We never had any problems with noise like we'd previously heard. Would definitley stay again

Stayed April 2014, travelled as a couple
3 Thank Sarah B
Eddie N, Guest Relations Manager at Suites on South Beach Miami, responded to this review, 4 June 2014
Dear Guest,

Thank you for staying with us. We are glad you enjoyed your stay and took advantage of our convenient location. Hope you will visit again soon.

Chateauneuf-du-Pape, France
Reviewed 26 April 2014

Large rooms plus a kitchenette but you should not be too picky on cleanliness, especially on the soil. If you are looking for a quiet place to sleep, this is also not the place to look for, as you can hear you neighbours plus all that is going on in the busy streets of SoBe. But if you are a student on a spring break and want to stay on the cheap right in Sobe to go out all night long, then this is perfect...

• Stayed April 2014, travelled with friends
2 Thank barralm
Dear Guest,

Thank you for your comments. We will be discussing the cleanliness of the rooms and the outside corridors with housekeeping.

Apopka
Reviewed 23 April 2014

Awesome staff. Ridiculous location. Clean/Modern Rooms. The staff was immediately helpful when we booked as you aren't guaranteed a double if you need it...we needed one and called and they made a note and made it so. When arriving, it was all downhill....great rooms. Perfect walking distance from everything.

Room Tip: Any room is a good room due to the staff and location. Will stay here every year until proven wrong.
  • Stayed March 2014, travelled on business
5 Thank TheNickJames

Frisco, Texas
Reviewed 8 April 2014

My wife and I stayed 2 nights in the Palm suite. I have to say, the outside of the building looks a bit old, but the room was modern, comfortable and spacious. Full kitchen, large living area and an adequate sized bathroom. There was construction on Collins so parking was a bit confusing at first, but the hotel staff were extremely helpful. I would suggest you call ahead and get specific instructions for parking before you arrive. It's easy - once you know where to go. And this location is PERFECT if you want to enjoy some of the fun that South Beach has to offer. There is a huge selection of shops, restaurants and bars near by. The party on South Beach goes on well into the night, but the noise didn't bother us too much. We would definitely stay here again.

• Stayed March 2014, travelled as a couple
4 Thank YnotBBetter
Dear Guest,

I will be letting our staff know they are doing a great job, thank you. Many of our guests enjoy the convenience of having a full kitchen at their disposal. Our staff is happy to assist with the parking situation during the construction of the new road on Collins Avenue. Thanks to our location our guests can walk to most places so once your car is parked as you say, there is a huge selection of places one can walk to. We look forward to having you stay with us again soon.

Hollywood, Florida
Reviewed 24 February 2014

My family and I decided to stay here again during the SOBE Wine and Food Festival. Once again, I must say that our stay was nothing less than spectacular. We decided to book the Palm Suite that weekend and we were pleasantly surprised at how nice, clean and spacious this room was. Remember this isn't a 5 star hotel. But, Kevin with the tattoos, Kevin # 2 and Rosie, will give you the 5 star treatment. I was a bit frustrated when I arrived because of the parking situation. I knew that because of the WFF there would be parking issues but assumed that because I had a room, I would have my car valeted like I did the last time I stayed here. kevin with the tattoos, informed me that the wait for a valet to come park my car would be close to an hour due to traffic. I drove down in the traffic so I knew how bad it was. after I found parking, I was greeted by kevin with the tats in the front office. This guy has EXCELLENT customer service skills. He checked us in and as usual was very polite and apologized about the parking situation and suggested some garages that were available. I read some reviews that stated the noise level from the streets will keep you awake if you stay in the Palm Suite. This is true, but you're on south beach, the city that never sleeps and we were down there to party and have a great time. Overall, our stay was a pleasurable one. Upon checking out, Rosie, who I hadn't seen in months greeted us with a HUGE smile and said, "Hey, I remember you." She is a doll and very friendly. You won't find a more accommodating staff on south beach. I even found myself dancing in the lobby with one of the cleaning ladies who do a damn good job cleaning this hotel. I wore white socks on the tiled floor in my room and there were no black smudges on the bottom of my socks. I had such a great time at this hotel, I actually booked a room here for my birthday in 3 weeks. Keep up the "Excellent" work you do Kevin with the tattoos, Rosie with the great smile and the other Kevin with the great personality!

Room Tip: The Palm suite is beautiful. It overlooks Collins Avenue with windows that open.
  • Stayed February 2014, travelled with family
3 Thank Coach S
Thank you Coach S for the awesome review! The best compliment we can ever get is about our staff and the amazing job that they do, it's always pleasant to read how well they treat our clients! I'm very happy that you chose to come back to stay with us for a third time, if you ever plan to come back please contact Eddie at sales@thekenthotel.com - let him know you are a repeat client and I am positive he will give you the absolute best rate we can offer you!
Avon, Connecticut
Reviewed 15 February 2014

We stayed here two nights. It is one block from the beach and therefore we miss most of the noise. We checked in after 4 p.m. and used the public garage across the street. We walked everywhere and did not have to take the car out of the garage. Kevin at the front desk was most helpful with recommending places to eat. We went to Havana 1957. They were booked for the evening but we ended up eating at the bar. Great place! If you can't get in, there are plenty of restaurants next door on Espanola Way. Look for the white lights strung across the street. It is about a10 minute walk from the hotel at the most.

Room Tip: I had a room on the main floor. There is a step up in order to get into the room. The room had a m...
  • Stayed February 2014, travelled as a couple
2 Thank Holly R
Dear Guest thank you for the positive words - we are happy to read that you enjoyed your stay and we hope that you choose us in the future should you come back to visit Miami Beach!