“i would love to go back.....:)”

Suites on South Beach Miami
Ranked #112 of 207 Hotels in Miami Beach
nyc
“i would love to go back.....:)”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 12 July 2009

thiis was my first time in miami and i had soo much fun..the hotel was close to everything the staff was really nice i felt as if i was home. i think when i go back im going to stay at the same place..the guys that work there are great and helpfull u dont find that much..the best part ur close to everything dont have to go far..cant wait to go back....

• Stayed July 2009, travelled with friends
2 Thank cyndi1973

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (49)
  • Polish first
  • Slovak first
NYC
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 5 June 2009

This review is LOOOOOONG overdue. I stayed at Suites waay back when in 07. I want to say that it was just opening up. The price was perfect and the rooms were ideal. For those of you familiar with Miami, you know that NO ONE goes to Miami to stay in their hotel room. Suites is hidden on Collins, not one of those FLASHY stand-out type hotels, but its really nice. All white inside, room was clean, bathroom was clean and staff was nice. No complaints. Perfect inexpensive, well-located Suite to rest my head at while partying in MIA!

• Stayed February 2007, travelled as a couple
1 Thank LaBeaches
Mexico
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 1 June 2009

I stayed in this hotel in April 2009 and I really liked it. As they said in preview reviews it don't look like a hotel, because it has an small rental office at the street level. There is not a front desk, but the employees work for the hotel. The only thing I didn't like was that they said they have valet parking and it's not included. You have to pay aprox 20 dls per day or park at the street or the parking lot that is infront.
The rooms are very spaceful and clean.
The best of this hotel is that is one block away of Ocean Drive and aprox 6 blocks of Lincoln Road.
I recommend it.

• Stayed April 2009, travelled with family
2 Thank Npmv54
Colorado
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 22 April 2009

As I arrived to the Hotel I was greeted by a very friendly and helpful front desk person. He was very helpful and gave me information for different tours while I waited for check in time. When I arrived back to the hotel all of my bags where kindly placed in the hotel for me. I was very impressed with the service. You would never guess by just seeing the Hotel from the outside how beautiful the rooms are and the service.. Definitely a Hidden Gem. I stayed in the one Bedroom Suite... Completely beautiful.. It had a full Kitchen, Beautiful bathroom..Looks almost like the bathroom was remodeled. I felt very secure at the suites, chances are I will Definitely stay at the Suites Hotel again.

• Stayed April 2009, travelled as a couple
2 Thank Bgigi123
Atlanta, Georgia
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 12 April 2009

I've been to Miami about 8 times and I'm always looking for a good deal. I usually stay in the Kent Hotel (who also owns this one) but I decided to try something new this time. The Suites on South Beach is the best hotel I've stayed in for less than $100 per night. The rooms are new & clean, the location is perfect, and they are suites so you get a kitchen too. The housekeepers are very friendly and the front office staff is helpful. I would recommend this to anyone looking for a deal!

• Stayed April 2009, travelled with friends
2 Thank candijay45
scotland
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 28 January 2009

i had mixed reviews when i read the other reviews, The suites are spacious they look clean at first glance however on further inspection they are not as clean as you would think! The check in/reception is a 24hour car rental/excursion place down below, when asking questions they were not the most helpful and we had to ask for a taxi to be phoned when we left in the early hours of the morning! The location is great just one street from the beach if thats what you intend on doing, it is far from the aquarium and the animal jungle and taxis are very expensive iin Miami! You are next to a main road aswell so its noisy!

• Liked — location
  • Disliked — the fact the there wasnt a reception area as such
  • Stayed November 2008, travelled with friends
    • Check-in / front desk
    • Business service (e.g., internet access)
New York, NY
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 14 January 2009

I stayed at the Suites on South Beach for three nights over New Year's Eve. I booked it because it was recommended by a local friend, and the price was reasonable compared to others in the area.

I was very nervous, after reading some of the reviews, but was pleasantly surprised by the room. We were in a King room on the first floor, at the end of the walk way (#10). The room was a very nice size, bed was ok, with a nice little kitchenette area with full size fridge, sink, and some plates, glasses, silverware, etc. The only furniture, other than the bed, were two nightstands with drawers and a little cafe table and chair, plus a decint size closet. Everything seemed clean. The bathroom in this particular room was strange-- very large, but no bath or shower curtain/divider-- just a showerhead coming out of the wall on one end of the bathroom. Surprisingly, it didn't get water all over the bathroom as I feared.

My major problem with our room was noise. Every morning (except New Year's Day) we were awoken around 7 am by what sounded like a garbage truck eating an entire car. The loud, metallic, crunching noise would go on for at least half an hour. That, coupled with no blackout shades, made it pretty much impossible to sleep in. Also, one day of our stay housekeeping left a very questionable looking towel for us, but it was replaced the next day.

One other thing to note, while our check in was very smooth and quick, one morning we walked out and a couple said they had been waiting to check in for 30 minutes and no one was at the front desk. Also, it seems different rooms vary greatly in size and layout so I can only speak for #10. Overall, I would hesitate to stay here again only because of the noise, but if it was the best deal, I probably would.

• Liked — Great location, 1 block from Ocean Drive and 12th Street Beach
  • Disliked — The noise early in the morning!
  • Stayed January 2009, travelled as a couple