“great little place”
Review of Hotel Gaythering

Hotel Gaythering
Reviewed 13 July 2014

Had a great time, friendly staff, great location close to Lincoln St. Mall and walking distance to the beach. Witty room contents (not for kids -- X rated funny notes everywhere). Did not use the spa but the common areas are comfortable. Lots of great books to review while sipping coffee or having a drink.

• Stayed: June 2014, travelled as a couple

Reviewed 2 July 2014 via mobile

The staff, the rooms, the sauna, the bar everything was amazing. I little ways from the beach, but a good exercise is always good. Their drinks are very good and their service is what I loved the most. I called in advanced to make a reservation to a restaurant and they kindly made it and also called the restaurant to cancel it as I wasn't going to make it. The staff is all gay and I felt very comfortable there. Thank you guys for your hard work and service to the community.

• Stayed: June 2014
Reviewed 30 June 2014

I NEVER would have known this place was here. Awesome customer service and such a cool and funky vibe. The bed was super comfortable and they even have the Brookstone sound machines that are amazing (over 10 options of sounds to sleep to). The place was a little noisy only because they have karaoke and movies going on, and also a bar. But so much fun- free popcorn and little tables with board games to play. You are getting a GREAT value for the money. The bathrooms could have been a lot nicer but that was my only gripe.

• Stayed: June 2014, travelled solo
1  Thank NouraKnowsBest
Reviewed 30 June 2014

The hotel was very clean and the rooms were wonderful. But the late night noise for 3 nights both above and below my room was miserable. There is one loading parking spot and people used it for hours.

Room Tip: Get a room on the 3rd floor and on the east end of the building away from the bar if you want quiet.
  • Stayed: June 2014, travelled as a couple
4  Thank Lance K
Reviewed 30 June 2014

So I decided to take a mini vacation to do a little "exploring" on my own for the first time (having never been to South Beach alone before this). The hotel is right off of a bus line so getting back an forth was really easy for those who want to save a little cash. Even if you take a cab it was only like 4 or 5 bucks to most nightclubs along he beach. The location was walking distance (about 1/2 mile) from the beach but you don't noticed because you get to observe all the shops down Lincoln road on your way there. I like how it's close enough to walk to the beach but still somewhat secluded since it is a gay/straight friendly hotel and those like myself preferred a little more privacy. All of the hotel staff were excellent! This also being the first time I have openly visited a gay hotel were very accommodating and offered many suggestions as great places to party, relax during the days, and eat. The hotel room was very clean and spacious. The rates were excellent especially for the weekend. I will definitely visit this hotel each tome I visit south beach from now on!

• Stayed: June 2014
1  Thank Dagreatx
Reviewed 30 June 2014

I was referred to the Gaythering by a friend and I'm extremely happy that I gave this little hotel a try.
The industrial-minimalist décor fit right in with my style. The cost for my 2 night stay was a fraction of the other SOBE accommodations. I was not expecting a huge list of amenities in this price range so I was not let down by the absence of some items that (other reviewers seem to think necessary).
The property/rooms/spa were spotless. The nightly Happy Hour (held @ the hotel's bar) was always hoppin.
Guest parking is off-site but I had no problems snagging a spot at the parking garage that Mark at the front desk directed me to (about 3 blocks away).
Being in the Hotel Industry for many years I admit it can be a little difficult for a property to meet all my expectations.
The one slight issue I did have was that due to the exterior entrances to the rooms security/walk way lights were positioned outside the rooms. Unfortunately, the wooden slat blinds that were in my room just did nothing to keep out those bright lights. (Honestly, it was a simple fix...I just signed out a beach towel from the front desk and made a makeshift blind during sleeping hours).

I think The Gaythering is doing an excellent job at an excellent rate for such a young hotel.

Any small issues that guests might encounter are bound to be corrected as this new hotel matures.
I WILL be staying at the Gaythering for my next trip to SOBE.

• Stayed: June 2014, travelled solo
Reviewed 29 June 2014 via mobile

Great stay! Super friendly staff. Rooms were nice and clean. Great ambiance and all the design touches were a nice change from the typical hotel. We would definitely stay here again! Not too far from the Lincoln street life and a brief walk to the beaches. Especially enjoyed the spa, it was a great way to end the day.

Stayed: June 2014, travelled as a couple