“Friendly staff. A gem in the city”
4 of 5 bubbles Review of Hotel Gaythering

Hotel Gaythering
San Francisco, California
“Friendly staff. A gem in the city”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 25 July 2014

I am a single, straight female who needed a place to stay for a night while I was in town on business. I enjoyed my stay at the hotel. Very hipster. Well designed room. Comfortable, clean room. Cute coffee shop. Great pastries. Business/reading room has brick walls and plenty of room to stretch out, work and relax. the spa is male-only, but I was there for just a night and didn't really need a spa anyways. I wouldn't recommend this a a place to stay with kids. Kitschy signs all over the place and in the rooms are super funny, but not necessarily kid-friendly. If you're uptight and potentially not comfortable with the gay scene or don't have a bit of a crude sense of humor, this may not be your place. Otherwise, I highly recommend. Fun, hip, spacious, clean, and great location.

• Stayed July 2014, travelled on business

2 Thank Andrea P

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (83)
Winter Park, Florida
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 20 July 2014

Me and my partner booked this trip at the last minute since we both had never been to Miami. The grounds were immaculate and the staff were so pleasant. Hi Matt! He made the best iced coffee! My partner loved it! The room was spacious, clean, and seemed like it came out of Fangtasia in True Blood lol (not a bad thing!). It was slightly risque with dildos in the vending machine, but it was part of the kitsch.

Only problem was that I guess our room was above the bar and it was very loud until like 3 am. Yes, I know we were on Miami Beach, but I am an old soul lol. I can't do all night benders lol. Also there were some loud guests in the adjacent room at like 2 in the afternoon. We called downstairs but I guess that didn't deter them.

However, that alone did not mar the experience. It was a great place that didn't feel like a seedy gay hotel. It was close to everything (although parking would be nice). Staff was great! If I ever come to Miami Beach again, I would stay here.

Room Tip: Maybe choose a room that's not right above the bar? We were on the 2nd Floor right above where t...
  • Stayed July 2014, travelled as a couple
Waconia, Minnesota
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 19 July 2014

frendly staff, great location, the spa is very nice and clean, the room exelente, good location for lincon mall, the only think the missing is a pool, the decor is perfect, clean room, nice tv, all the staff really nice, nice coffee shop,

• Stayed July 2014, travelled with friends

Miami, Florida
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 19 July 2014

I found this hotel on Trip Advisor and it exceeded my expectations. Great location on Miami Beach in a quiet neighborhood yet close to Lincoln Road and Sunset harbour. Service was awesome and room was large and very clean

• Stayed July 2014, travelled with friends

3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 16 July 2014 via mobile

Happy hour is fun there, but make sure you bring ur own friends, sometimes there is a crowd sometimes there is not. But is always fun to have an early cocktail. I ask a number of guest at the bar and they all love the hotel, they say the rooms were excellent. Worst part no pool

Stayed July 2014
1 Thank Didio B
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 13 July 2014

Had a great time, friendly staff, great location close to Lincoln St. Mall and walking distance to the beach. Witty room contents (not for kids -- X rated funny notes everywhere). Did not use the spa but the common areas are comfortable. Lots of great books to review while sipping coffee or having a drink.

• Stayed June 2014, travelled as a couple

5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 2 July 2014 via mobile

The staff, the rooms, the sauna, the bar everything was amazing. I little ways from the beach, but a good exercise is always good. Their drinks are very good and their service is what I loved the most. I called in advanced to make a reservation to a restaurant and they kindly made it and also called the restaurant to cancel it as I wasn't going to make it. The staff is all gay and I felt very comfortable there. Thank you guys for your hard work and service to the community.

• Stayed June 2014