“Family trip”

Hotel Gaythering
Melbourne, Florida
“Family trip”
Reviewed 25 August 2014

A great hotel with splendid beds and lively decor.
Staff were so helpful and friendly. I booked this for a weekend family reunion with my daughter and son in law from UK and they were equally impressed with the friendly atmosphere, great facilities and splendid location. They make excellent coffee as well. Would thoroughly recommend this hotel to anyone who wants to visit the south beach.

Room Tip: Upstairs is quiet.
  • Stayed August 2014, travelled with family
Review collected in partnership with this hotel

1 Thank adoc22

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (92)
Reviewed 25 August 2014

great hotel clean rooms very convenient great staff try out the spa it's amazing loved the shower products. Miami beach is a great place and this hotel was the topper. Lovely bar area and nice walk to the Entertainment of South Beach

• Stayed August 2014
Sao Paulo, SP
Reviewed 25 August 2014

I was alone and stayed one night in this hotel.
The staff was very friendly. The room was very clean and the view of my room was very beautiful.
The location is great. I loved and recomend it.
Thanks everyone.

Room Tip: The king room are very spacipous.
  • Stayed August 2014, travelled solo
Review collected in partnership with this hotel

Miami, Florida
Reviewed 18 August 2014

I stayed at the hotel with a friend who came from Barcelona and we had a great time.
Thanks to JC and all the front desk staff we had an amazing stay.
rooms are very spacious, clean and the location is perfect!!

• Stayed August 2014, travelled with friends
Reviewed 9 August 2014 via mobile

My boyfriend booked this hotel that I was unaware of that it was a gay hotel. Ended up being one of the best hotels I've ever stayed at. Made a great relationship with Lorezo the bartender and the met SJ "straight J" lol I would recommend this hotel to any straight or gay friend. The staff here is amazing. I sat for 20mins talking with the cleaning lady. So down to earth! Please stay here straight or gay! I look for clean and friendlyness!

Stayed August 2014, travelled as a couple
3 Thank Sherrie D
Reviewed 7 August 2014

This was my first trip to Miami and definitely my first experience at a gay-centred hotel. I have to say without a doubt this was one of my favourite hotel stays!

Location is great on a major street and a 5 minute walk to the Lincoln shops and restaurants. Huahuas next door is delicious too. The beach (esp 12th) and popular clubs like Twist were farther, about a 20-25 minute walk.

The boutique-style hotel makes for a friendlier atmosphere and you get to know all of the front desk staff. They're all super helpful, fun to chat with and super cute to boot. YR ;)

My room was petite king but was spacious with a lounge area and desk. Decor was unique but a bit depressing with the black, red and grey industrial theme. Rooms were spotless with the exception of some ants here or there. Bed was very comfy with lots of pillows. Oh, free wifi!!

I didn't have a chance to use the spa, but it was there. The downstairs bar was usually buzzing in the evenings with middle aged to older clientele and the adjacent lounge with tables, games, TVs and gay books was really cool. A collection of beach towels for taking was a nice touch. Oh, Matt makes a mean mocha at the coffee bar too...

Suggestions for improvement? A little less dark of a decor theme in the rooms, bigger TVs (in bigger rooms like 3010), nightstand drawers, irons, lotion, and less eucalyptus!

High fives and hugs to hosts Alex, Matt, Mark, Steph, Hector and Yandry! Meeting them was definitely one of the highlights of my stay! I was too shy to ask a few of them on a date, but I guess they probably get hit on all the time anyway......!

Last thing, this place is definitely STRAIGHT-FRIENDLY, though probably for a more liberal crowd.

Room Tip: I would avoid the room on the second floor that's beside the ice/laundry room, although I never...
  • Stayed August 2014, travelled with friends
3 Thank DDD T
Reviewed 31 July 2014 via mobile

The location is a little distance from all of the action, but that's not a bad thing! It's next to the shopping and I'll take that. The spa area is unmatched... It's clean, safe and the dream relaxation bunus. The price of the hotel is a steal! It was a great experience and I will most defiantly return in the near future.

• Stayed July 2014
COMO Metropolitan Miami Beach
#4 of 208 in Miami Beach
Downtown
Miami Marriott Biscayne Bay

Been to Hotel Gaythering? Share your experiences!