James Hotel
US$346
US$239
  • Beachfront
Marriott Vacation Club Pulse, South Beach(Miami Beach)(Great Value!)
US$286
  • Beachfront
Room Mate Lord Balfour(Miami Beach)(Great Value!)
US$251
US$225
Room Mate Hotels
  • Beachfront
La Flora(Miami Beach)(Great Value!)
US$204
  • Bar/Lounge
The Miami Beach EDITION(Miami Beach)
US$495
US$460
  • Pool
The Palms Hotel & Spa(Miami Beach)
US$260
US$213
thepalmshotel.com
  • Pool
The Hotel of South Beach(Miami Beach)(Great Value!)
US$236
US$193
Official Hotel
US$221
US$204
  • Beachfront
Circa 39 Hotel(Miami Beach)(Great Value!)
US$170
Travelocity
  • Pool
Pestana Miami South Beach(Miami Beach)(Great Value!)
US$209
US$154
Pestana Hotel Group
  • Pool
All reviewsmicrowave and refrigeratorsouth beachstaff was helpful and friendlyceiling fanunique hotelwould stay againlincoln avewhole foodsbeds were comfortableminute walk to the beachstayed nightsone night stayroom was largeperfect locationsmall hotelocean driveearly check
FilterAll languages
Reviewed 11 July 2010

The James hotel is a small,but unique because it has hand painted art on the walls,hand painted glass windows,hand painted tiles throughout the property.It is very closely located to the Ritz Charlton Hotel,Hotel Delano and the Lincoln Mall.It is quiet,nice rooms and great air conditioner.PARKING included in the price of the Room.mike

• Stayed: June 2010, travelled solo
1  Thank mbradley4
Reviewed 9 January 2010

I could review this "hotel" with one word - "NO" - But I will write more... This is definitely the worst place I have ever stayed - this includes flea pits in Athens, YHA places in the 60s and hippie friends' rooms in the early 70s.
It is absolutely filthy.
I only needed one night - a perusary look made me believe it would be OK - I must have been suffering sunstroke. I pulled back the bedsheets to find filthy - not just unclean - sheets with masses of hair left by the previous "guest". I asked for clean sheets - she re-made the bed. These sheets were almost as dirty - I got myself some "clean" sheets. I slept on towels with my clothes on.
It is difficult to describe the sorts of people I saw wandering in and out - I suspect they were associated with the lower eschallons of the sex industry or using the place to consume narcotics.
There was no hot water - in any case I would not have used the shower. In the UK, this place would be closed down - for health and fire safety reasons.
It was a long night and there were strange noises. I shall post photos but these may not convey the full desperate depravity that is the James Hotel.
If you are that desperate then sleep in the car.

• Stayed: January 2010
5  Thank wildebed
Reviewed 19 September 2009

Be careful if you choose this hotel, besides the disgusting rooms, the unreliable elevator (we took the stairs everytime), the not working climate, the infected bathroom, the noisy refrigirator, the drug dealers near by, the hairy beds and the bugs the owner of the place has stolen us money. We had a plane to catch otherwise we would have called the police and the igenic services. We wanted so bad to shut down this [--] place, no other tourist should experience what happened to us.

For 85$ you can get waaaaaaaaay better hotels in miami beach.

Dont ruin you vacation, skip this one immediately.

• Stayed: August 2009, travelled with family
4  Thank ivanEurope
Reviewed 23 January 2009

We were in south Beach for the Comedy Festival and came upon this hotel. It looked like someone either gave birth on the chair or died in the room. There was what looked like blood on the floor and stains on the chair of a deep color. I wanted to just give them the money and leave but there were no other hotels. I slept in my fiances hooded sweatshirt pulled over my head and tucked into it. We left at 4:15 in the AM to drive home because it was sooooooo GROSS!!!!!!!! there were also hookers in the room across the hall that came in with a night caller around 2 AM ... i had to look through the peep hole because they were making so much noise. I am not postin pics but took them so we can laugh that we stayed in such a dump.

• Stayed: January 2009, travelled as a couple
    • Check-in / front desk
    • Business service (e.g., internet access)
3  Thank ericalynnk
Reviewed 21 July 2008

I came to miami from italy with my girlfriend. We were looking for 1 hotel for 1 week, we end up at the James, it did look very cute at the beginning, i was happy.
We found used condom under the bed, we found a dirty dildo stock under the bed. Im not kiddin, i almost felt sick. the floor was dirty, the bathroom too, they didnt clean underground. The worst hotel i have been in all my life.
I hate sleeping in the dirt. We did pay 1000$ for a week.. We did remain there there was nothing we could do.
IN a week of sleeping there they change the sheet 1 time.
Gross, bad, unhealty hotel.

• Stayed: February 2008, travelled as a couple
    • Check-in / front desk
    • Business service (e.g., internet access)
4  Thank Michele M