“Chef Jonathan Lane exceeded every expectation for 5 star!”

The Traymore Restaurant & Bar
Reserve with OpenTable
The Traymore Restaurant & Bar is not available for your requested time. Choose another time, or search restaurants with availability.
The time you selected has already passed.
Ranked #34 of 1,157 Restaurants in Miami Beach
Price range: US$31 - US$50
Cuisines: American, Seafood, Contemporary, Healthy
Good for: Bar Scene
Dining options: After-hours, Dinner, Breakfast, Reservations
Description: The Traymore Restaurant & Bar, in Metropolitan by COMO, Miami Beach, is a contemporary seafood restaurant, displaying an array of International and American dishes. Native creations include seasonal dishes with fresh ingredients harvested from Florida-presented in a simple, rustic style by Executive Chef Jonathan Lane with exceptional service by the team of Restaurant Manager, Sergio Caceres. French and Portuguese inspired desserts by Master Chocolatier, Chef Emmanuel Alves, are based around seasonal, The Traymore also features the company's signature COMO Shambhala Cuisine. Developed by COMO's Executive Chef, Amanda Gale, the menu promotes better health through nutritional eating, focusing on the use of raw foods. The Traymore Bar offers a premium gin array from 40 distillers around the world. The bar staff has created a series of classic and signature gin-based cocktails and are well versed in pouring the perfect Gin & Tonic.
Reviewed 18 June 2014

The wellness Shambhala menu is offered at breakfast and dinner, as well as a unique, creative Traymore menu. They can please any vegan. Even with desserts!
We started with juices made with the freshest of products. The ingredients to long to mention but they were delicious. The kale, butternut squash and seaweed salad with marinated shitakes, seeds and sprouts I highly recommend. Yes this is all in one salad! Need I say more?
My guest had the Traymore menu which is anything but traditional. It offers, fish, meats, and the most interesting combinations of seasonings, sauces, and sides. I have lived in South Beach for a long time and have eaten in all the restaurants. The Traymore is now my go to restaurant for me, friends and family. Welcome to South Beach Traymore. We have waited a long time for your quality, creativity and exceptional service. That needs to be said twice. Exceptional service. Sam and Justin thank you…DQ

Reviewed 17 June 2014

we ordered their large raw seafood platter for two...it was just ok. the shrimp was tough and dry. the lobster was the same expect it was so bad we didn't even finish it. after eating most of that platter we realized we were still hungry and ordered the grilled octopus and that was great. it may have been we ordered poorly but it was the first hing on the menu and they we recommending it as their best.

if i could do it over again i would order different but stay away from their raw platter...its priced at $135...not worth that at all. the most expensive meal we had in south beach and the worst.

service is GREAT
atmosphere is GREAT

1  Thank mnymaker
Reviewed 16 June 2014

As a Miami Beach local, it is easy to be overwhelmed by the number of restaurants that open (and close) in a given month. And we locals tend to be skeptical of the hotel/restaurants on that particular stretch of Collins Avenue. But the Traymore Restaurant and the Metropolitan Hotel by Como are definite exceptions to the rule!

The space is inviting and typically all-white. It has that clean, beachy feel, pointedly highlighted by the wicker-backed chairs. All things considered, the chairs are pretty comfortable if a little casual for the space - but be warned that a larger guest will find the seats a little narrow. Our service initially was too spaced out ... It took longer than we expected to get menus, to have a server approach the table - we didn't even have a wine list. Fortunately, as the meal progressed, the service improved and overall I would say that they're quite polite, helpful, and attentive without being overbearing.

The food is the real star here. We ordered a number of appetizers and sides so that we could try a little of everything. By far, my two favorite things were the grilled octopus and the black ink squid rice. If I could eat those dishes every day, I'd be happy! The brussel sprouts were also excellent, and the tuna tartare had a nice kick. The wine we ordered was reasonable, and they didn't flinch when I asked for it to be decanted. If you bring your own wine, they have the most reasonable corkage fee I've heard recently, whether on the beach or elsewhere.

The hotel can be tough to spot if you aren't looking carefully, but it's worth the find. Fabulous dinner at The Traymore!

Reviewed 15 June 2014 via mobile

It was amazing dinner. The food and also the service was spectacular. You must try the dessert. We really had a great time!

Reviewed 9 June 2014

I went to Miami Beach after staying away for ages--do not care for the hype or the hot spots. I was delighted by my experience at the Traymore. The operations manager greeted us at the door. He is charming and very hospitable. Every service person we encountered was friendly and approachable. The atmosphere is calm, warm and friendly. I felt comfortable and at home. The meal was a great experience. Our server was helpful and knowledgeable. I had the seafood stew--a savory meal with a great medley of tastes, a wonderful sauce over grilled bread. At my server's suggestion it was accompanied by a dry Austrian white wine--perfect. My friend had the halibut and was raving about its delicate taste. Desserts were original, fresh and tasty, my personal favorite the passion fruit. All in all a delightful experience.