“Pretty Good, but not what others are talking about”

The Traymore Restaurant & Bar
Reserve with OpenTable
The Traymore Restaurant & Bar is not available for your requested time. Choose another time, or search restaurants with availability.
The time you selected has already passed.
Ranked #117 of 1,116 Restaurants in Miami Beach
Price range: US$31 - US$50
Cuisines: American, Seafood, Contemporary, Healthy
Good for: Bar Scene
Dining options: After-hours, Dinner, Breakfast, Reservations
Description: The Traymore Restaurant & Bar, in Metropolitan by COMO, Miami Beach, is a contemporary seafood restaurant, displaying an array of International and American dishes. Native creations include seasonal dishes with fresh ingredients harvested from Florida-presented in a simple, rustic style by Executive Chef Jonathan Lane with exceptional service by the team of Restaurant Manager, Sergio Caceres. French and Portuguese inspired desserts by Master Chocolatier, Chef Emmanuel Alves, are based around seasonal, The Traymore also features the company's signature COMO Shambhala Cuisine. Developed by COMO's Executive Chef, Amanda Gale, the menu promotes better health through nutritional eating, focusing on the use of raw foods. The Traymore Bar offers a premium gin array from 40 distillers around the world. The bar staff has created a series of classic and signature gin-based cocktails and are well versed in pouring the perfect Gin & Tonic.
Reviewed 11 July 2014

I wish we had the experience others are describing. Our meal we pretty good, but not great, not really special. At least not as special as what I'm seeing in other descriptions. The easiest way for me to sum it up, is that out of the 5 dinners we had on this trip to Miami, this is the only meal I struggle to recall exactly what my wife and I had for each course which is unusual for me. I really pay attention to that kind of thing. I did get the Tuna tartar app, and that was good. My wife ordered the Florida peach salad. There were these microscopic pieces of peach in it that were essentially a non event. We ordered the cod and the halibut. Both we good, but did not blow our minds. Lastly the desserts. This was the most disappointing part of the meal. They are visually stunning, but the lack of flavor was just a bummer, especially at $13.00 a piece. I was tempted to rate this place "average" because we were so disappointed after reading all of these superlative reviews, but that wouldn't have been appropriate. We did like the location and décor though. That was very cool.

1  Thank BertilleBun

Reviewed 9 July 2014

We spent two days at the Metropolitan by Como Miami Beach in June and enjoyed dinner at the Traymore there. It was expensive but worth it. Every detail was perfect. Service was impeccable. Atmosphere was pleasant. And the food! The food was the best part. Flavorful, inventive, gorgeous to look at and even better to eat. The wine list is amazing. The mixed drinks very well done. Overall, an evening to remember.

2  Thank OxfordMom
Reviewed 5 July 2014

Had the flounder crusted with parm. Very good as was the service. The ambience is not fancy but nicely done in white. Bar area very nice too. On the way out the hotel manager of operations checked on our meal and experience, a classy move

Reviewed 24 June 2014

the food was fantastic and the service as well.
We were really impressed to find that kind of food and service level on south beach. Congrats to Como hotels, They delivered again!!!!

Reviewed 22 June 2014

This new restaurant in South Beach is such a jewel to say the very least. I have enjoyed the wonderful appetizer selections as well as main courses, last nite a roasted flounder was cooked and served perfectly. We celebrated a family birthday and could actually talk to each other in South Beach! Major fun, food and drinks for the 5 of us!