“Birthday Trip with the Girls to remember!”

Kimpton Angler's Hotel
Ranked #20 of 208 Hotels in Miami Beach
GreenLeadersSilver level
Montclair, New Jersey
“Birthday Trip with the Girls to remember!”
Reviewed 7 March 2012

I stayed at the Anglers March 1- 4 as a birthday trip with a few of my close friends, and had an absolutely wonderful time! We stayed in the Manor Villa with a patio and Jacuzzi and it surely did not disappoint. The staff was nice enough to put up balloons in the living room. I was nervous about staying at the hotel simply because it was my first time to Miami and I did not know the area but the hotel is in a central location. It was not too far from the strip, beach, shopping, restaurants, or clubs. The hotel lived up to my expectations and the staff was very accommodating. I felt at home! The bed was very inviting and soft. Unfortunately I did not get a chance to eat at the restaurant but It looked packed every time I passed by it. The sound system was great but the rooms are NOT soundproof. I played my music very low especially at night and found out our neighbors reported a party because they could hear us talking and I guess our music. That put a damper on things. However everything else was great! It was totally worth it, and having a warm jacuzzi to come home to was an added plus. I would definitely stay at the Anglers again...Hopefully next time I won't have cranky neighbors!

Room Tip: Room 112 is great...I feel you have more privacy than the other Villa.
  • Stayed March 2012, travelled with friends
4 Thank Jae W

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (333)
Phoenix, Arizona
Reviewed 7 March 2012

This hotel was amazing, from check in, to the stay till check out. The hotel staff was friendly and accommodating, the rooms extremely nice. The room we had was a suite style, with a living room and separated bedroom. The room had hard wood floors, and a extremely comfortable bed. I very much recommend this hotel and would stay there any time.

Pros:

quick easy check in, done in room very unique, very easy
awesome friendly staff
great location
very stylish but not overly modern
very comfortable

Cons:
wooden floors, although really awesome looking, means you hear everything above you

can't really think of anything else this hotel has against it. truly a great experience

• Stayed February 2012, travelled as a couple
2 Thank Clyde_Betts
New York City, New York
Reviewed 4 March 2012

My wife and I just came home from a 4 day stay at the Angler's hotel. The hotel was qute comfortable, has a great ambience and a very helpful staff. When there were no newspapers available, the lady at the desk had someone run out, buy one and deliver it to my room. Everyone seemed to have that attitude..would recommend it to my friends and will stay there again if we return to Miami Beach.

Room Tip: We had reserved one of the less expensive rooms and were upgraded to a two story room; very nice but...
  • Stayed March 2012, travelled as a couple
4 Thank Kevin K
Jayres, General Manager at Kimpton Angler's Hotel, responded to this review, 7 March 2012
Thank you for your recent visit and glowing comments!

I'm happy that you enjoyed your stay with us here at The Angler's. I'll share your kind comments with all of our team. We work dilligently on delivering the level of service that you experienced.

We look forward to welcoming you back to you home in South Beach again soon.

Warmest Regards,

Shaker Heights, Ohio
Reviewed 29 February 2012

We chose the hotel based on the excellent Tripadvisor ratings, and we were generally pleased. Our room was not ready when we arrived, even though it was after 3 pm. The staff was not uniformly hospitable. We quickly learned which clerks at the desk were the friendly accomodating ones. Bottom line though -- Our room was beautiful...very large...great amenities. We liked the location... off the beaten path...but close enough. The pool was small. The restaurant was fair. The bar was intimate. Overall, we do recommend the place...but if you are looking for a total luxury experience, keep looking...

3 Thank Lady_Alka
Jayres, General Manager at Kimpton Angler's Hotel, responded to this review, 1 March 2012
Thank you for your recent stay with us and your review.

I'm glad that you enjoyed your stay with us overall. I wish I knew more regarding what team members you found to be inhospitable. This is a comment we very seldom receive. If you would be so kind as to email me at Jayres@theanglersresort.com it would be very helpful to us. Your expectations seem very fair and they should have been uniformly exceeded. There are far too many other choices out there for us to not perform at a high level across the board.

Thank you for your review. I'll speak with our staff members and work on our consistency. We'll also praise the staff in the areas that you referenced positively.

I hope we have the chance to welcome you home again soon....hospitably.

Regards,

Not Tellingville, NW
Reviewed 29 February 2012

I recently stayed here for several days and it was great - just a couple streets from South Beach and all of the main attractions. The room was great, with nice wood flooring, plenty of space, comfortable bed and a great sound system for the TV (speakers were in the ceiling so watching from bed was great). The staff was friendly, prompt and helpful. Breakfast at the restaurant was amazing.

Only small complaints are price (obviously for a hotel like this), but I reserved my room late. Another was the ceilings may not have quite enough sound separation - I heard light footsteps above a couple of times. Finally, valet parking is pretty expensive (I can't remember the exact price, but it was between $20-30) and it is really the only option I know of if you bring a car.

2 Thank brahman11
We're so happy you enjoyed your stay with us here at Angler's! I agree that our rooms are setup very much in the same manner as a nice home. The rooms are all so well proportioned and comfortable that it just feels like home. I'll share your glowing comments with all of our staff members.

We look forward to welcoming you back to your South Beach home again soon.

Warm Regards,

Reviewed 27 February 2012

It is personal and pleasant. Its not a deluxe hotel, but its still kind of nice. The pool is small, the setting informal, its two blocks from the beach. Service is friendly and helpful.

2 Thank BRLS
Portsmouth, UK
Reviewed 27 February 2012

This hotel is ideally located only 2 roads away from the main south beach strip. We stayed here on a room only basis. This was not an issue as there are a selection of diners/ juice bars across the road, and you ar only 2 roads away from "the strip". All of the staff were absolutely lovely. The rooms were immaculate, but the central remote control for all things technology related took a little getting used too! My room was split level, and had a spiral staircase. Upon initial look this was stunning, it quickly became a bit of a pain, running up and down the stairs! That said, I wouldn't let it take away from what I believe are possibly the most comfortable beds in the whole world! Free wifi in the rooms too!!!!

Room Tip: The spiral staircase in the rooms is not for people who are very overweight/ physically unable..howe...
  • Stayed February 2012, travelled with friends