While we had a good time and pleasant experience at the Angler recently, I walked away wondering how this could be the #1 Tripadvisor rated hotel in South Beach. We have limited experience at SoBe, the Ritz being our only other experience many years ago. The Angler sounded like the place we wanted this time. Local, small, with some charm. It does have great curb appeal, but its three blocks off Ocean Drive on a mixed commercial street with not much else going on around it. It has valet parking ( no self park provided by the hotel) and attentive staff when you arrive. The public areas, while small, are nicely done, especially the outdoor restaurant seating which has vegetation screening and lounge options. We had two good meals, a lunch when we arrived and breakfast. Both were well prepared, and well presented. Our two room suite, however, was a bit of a buzz killer. It was pretty tight quarters, only average furnishings, and had a bathroom sized for a Manhattan efficiency. Shower only. Interestingly though, the suite had a stereo that could have powered speakers in ten rooms. Of course, the South Beach experience isn't really about your room, its about what's going on outside. An SoBe did not disappoint us. There was a food and wine festival going ( it could be there all the time for all we know) but it was a lot of fun. Had dinner at A Fish Called Avalon, which is a couple of blocks from the hotel on Ocean drive. Fabulous food and very entertaining people watching. All in all a nice weekend. But for the money we dropped for the Angler experience, we're going to try something else next time.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Nestled deep just off Washington Avenue one would not expect to find a unique collection of accommodations and lushly landscaped atmosphere that promises to instill a sense of relaxation the moment you enter. Privacy by design, on rooftop terraces, private gardens and private Jacuzzis. The pool is a perfect retreat to bask in by sun or moon. Unlike most hotels, at Kimpton Angler's you will instantly feel as though you are in a friends home, with furnishings, fixtures and services that meet even the most discriminating traveler. Stay a night, a week or longer. This is your new home away from home. Four legged friends are welcome too. Choose your suite for the perfect retreat for family, friends, honeymoon, girlfriend's getaway, business trip, long holiday, special occasion or just a break from the ordinary. This is a charming and lovely taste of the tropics, as never before seen in South Beach. With a subtle mix of international flavor and style clientele from all parts of the globe, all will convene and feel welcome. At once the hotel is discreet while managing to be the center of the attention all at the same time. Energies flow amongst tower suites, garden lounge, and intimate communal pool where relaxing or growing your circle of friends is the order of the day. With a unique approach melding fine island living with historic charm and elegance, we invite you to come be a part of Kimpton Angler's. Step into an era of simple yet stylish beauty and sophistication. Spacious Studios and Duplex Suites offer a new level of hospitality that you are sure to enjoy. Set in the heart of the historic art deco district, travelers are invited to take their place in public or in private. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Booking.com, Travel Republic (UK), Expedia, Ebookers, LoveHolidays, Hotels.com, Priceline, Odigeo, Southall Travel, TravelUp, TripOnline SA, Traveltool, S.L.U., Cancelon, getaroom.com, Evoline ltd and HotelQuickly so you can book your Kimpton Angler's Hotel reservations with confidence. We help millions of travellers each month to find the perfect hotel for both holiday and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- The Angler`s Boutique Hotel Miami Beach
- The Anglers Boutique Hotel
- Kimpton Angler's Hotel Miami Beach, Florida