I stayed here in before Memorial Day 2012 and loved the hotel so much that I plan to return here again. It is located one block from Collins Ave and all of the action in SoBe. It's not a beachfront hotel, but that's not what I needed. The hotel is modern, cool, and clean. The service was outstanding, and left me with a very high opinion of the establishment. Amber, Carlos, and Alejandro was awesome. The room in which I stayed was a front corner room above the dining area, which was not too noisy. The blackout curtains helped me sleep when I rolled in as the sun was risiing. The bathroom was spaceous, but the door to the bathroom and the interior closet door sometimes competed for space. (it was one of two closets). I am not a fan of half-door showers, but the plentiful hot water made up for that. The king room I had was a junior suite with a sitting room. Two flat screen TVs and surround sound rooms. I could not understand how to work the sound system and switch from TV to iPod to DVR easily but help was 2 minutes away when I called. I did not eat at the restaurant, but others looked like they enjoyed it. No lively bar scene, but the drinks were good (here, service was a little spotty but good overall).
The bed was too firm for my preference, but the sofa was comfortable and great for naps. The bed only came with a comforter, but when I asked for sheets I got them placed on the bed with extra towels. I can't say enough about the outstanding service.
The location was great for me. I wanted to visit the party scene, but not suffer in the party scene, so being one block way was perfect for me. Cabs are plentiful, but the hotel assisted with that if I had a problem. I did not go in the pool, but that was a cool little spot. A cabana sits at one end of the pool, and the rooms with patios surround two other sides.
I would definitely return.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Nestled deep just off Washington Avenue one would not expect to find a unique collection of accommodations and lushly landscaped atmosphere that promises to instill a sense of relaxation the moment you enter. Privacy by design, on rooftop terraces, private gardens and private Jacuzzis. The pool is a perfect retreat to bask in by sun or moon. Unlike most hotels, at Kimpton Angler's you will instantly feel as though you are in a friends home, with furnishings, fixtures and services that meet even the most discriminating traveler. Stay a night, a week or longer. This is your new home away from home. Four legged friends are welcome too. Choose your suite for the perfect retreat for family, friends, honeymoon, girlfriend's getaway, business trip, long holiday, special occasion or just a break from the ordinary. This is a charming and lovely taste of the tropics, as never before seen in South Beach. With a subtle mix of international flavor and style clientele from all parts of the globe, all will convene and feel welcome. At once the hotel is discreet while managing to be the center of the attention all at the same time. Energies flow amongst tower suites, garden lounge, and intimate communal pool where relaxing or growing your circle of friends is the order of the day. With a unique approach melding fine island living with historic charm and elegance, we invite you to come be a part of Kimpton Angler's. Step into an era of simple yet stylish beauty and sophistication. Spacious Studios and Duplex Suites offer a new level of hospitality that you are sure to enjoy. Set in the heart of the historic art deco district, travelers are invited to take their place in public or in private. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Booking.com, Expedia, Southall Travel, Hotels.com, Odigeo, Ebookers, 5viajes2012 S.L., Evoline ltd, HotelQuickly, Cancelon and getaroom.com so you can book your Kimpton Angler's Hotel reservations with confidence. We help millions of travellers each month to find the perfect hotel for both holiday and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- The Angler`s Boutique Hotel Miami Beach
- The Anglers Boutique Hotel
- Kimpton Angler's Hotel Miami Beach, Florida