“Fantastic Hotel - A Must Stay”

Kimpton Angler's Hotel
Ranked #20 of 208 Hotels in Miami Beach
GreenLeadersSilver level
New York
“Fantastic Hotel - A Must Stay”
Reviewed 22 May 2012

I stayed here in before Memorial Day 2012 and loved the hotel so much that I plan to return here again. It is located one block from Collins Ave and all of the action in SoBe. It's not a beachfront hotel, but that's not what I needed. The hotel is modern, cool, and clean. The service was outstanding, and left me with a very high opinion of the establishment. Amber, Carlos, and Alejandro was awesome. The room in which I stayed was a front corner room above the dining area, which was not too noisy. The blackout curtains helped me sleep when I rolled in as the sun was risiing. The bathroom was spaceous, but the door to the bathroom and the interior closet door sometimes competed for space. (it was one of two closets). I am not a fan of half-door showers, but the plentiful hot water made up for that. The king room I had was a junior suite with a sitting room. Two flat screen TVs and surround sound rooms. I could not understand how to work the sound system and switch from TV to iPod to DVR easily but help was 2 minutes away when I called. I did not eat at the restaurant, but others looked like they enjoyed it. No lively bar scene, but the drinks were good (here, service was a little spotty but good overall).

The bed was too firm for my preference, but the sofa was comfortable and great for naps. The bed only came with a comforter, but when I asked for sheets I got them placed on the bed with extra towels. I can't say enough about the outstanding service.

The location was great for me. I wanted to visit the party scene, but not suffer in the party scene, so being one block way was perfect for me. Cabs are plentiful, but the hotel assisted with that if I had a problem. I did not go in the pool, but that was a cool little spot. A cabana sits at one end of the pool, and the rooms with patios surround two other sides.

I would definitely return.

Room Tip: I had 201, which faced the front of the hotel. A bit noisy with morning silverware clanging, but not...
  • Stayed May 2012, travelled solo
4 Thank Globalnaut
Jayres, General Manager at Kimpton Angler's Hotel, responded to this review, 25 May 2012
Thank you for your recent visit and your review!

I'm so very proud of our team for delivering such a high level of service to you. I'm proud to lead the best team in Miami Beach without question and look forward to sharing your compliments. Special recognition will be given to all of the associates that you mentioned.

Thank you for taking the time to share your wonderful visit.

We look forward to welcoming you back to your home in Miami Beach.

Warm Regards,

James Ayres

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (333)
New York
Reviewed 15 May 2012

Let's just say, I had the best weekend! Hotel is small but beautiful. The suites were fab which include a cool area to hang outside and hit the jacuzzi (I didn't get in but my drunk friends in the next suite did!) the owner,Mark, is the nicest guy ever (gotta find out if he's single:) He totally accommodated a bachelorette party of 8 crazy girls. The location is walking distance to everywhere and the hotel staff was so helpful. We had an unbelievable weekend staying there.

Room Tip: Tower suite!!
  • Stayed May 2012, travelled with friends
4 Thank TravelGirl44
White Rock
Reviewed 15 May 2012

We recently stayed 2 nights at the hotel after a Panama cruise. What a wonderful way to end a holiday!! We were extremely impressed with the hotel for a variety of reasons: The room was very spacious,clean and filled with every thoughtful amenity. The staff are very attentive and take a real interest in you, we enjoyed the pool and outdoor seating areas, and a delicious dinner in the restaurant. These guys really get it!! Attention to detail everywhere. We look forward to returning.

• Stayed April 2012, travelled as a couple
3 Thank Breezy45
Jayres, General Manager at Kimpton Angler's Hotel, responded to this review, 16 May 2012
Thank you for your recent stay and glowing review.

I'm very pleased that you enjoyed your visit with us here at The Angler's. As a team, we constantly work on attention to detail throughout the property. We try to put ourselves in the guest's shoes and remind us how very special the occasion is that has brought you to our tropical paradise. I'm looking forward to sharing your compliments with all of the team.

We look forward to welcoming you back to your new home in Miami Beach

Warm Regards,

Wausau, Wisconsin
Reviewed 14 May 2012

The Anglers Boutique Resort Hotel, - My wife and I had a wonderful vacation experience staying here May 8 through the 12th! This was out first trip to Miami. The hotel is so close to everything! Great Service, Tasty Food, Classy large rooms, Super Location. Many thanks going out to their wonderful friendly staff! Special Thanks to Jessica front desk, you were amazing with all of your assistance! So knowledgeable! Thanks also to a young lady in the wait staff named Esmeralda, so down to earth and gave us great tips of the area as well.

• Stayed May 2012, travelled as a couple
3 Thank BobHollMusic
San Francisco, California
Reviewed 13 May 2012

I used booking .com to book the Hotel last minute, kids spring break and figured two days south beach two days key's. I found the guaranteed check-in, not quite accurate, room was not ready, however the staff did compensate with cocktail and drinks for the kids, they do not have a blender, this said, I found the Hotel an excellent choice, the staff absolutely attentive to your every need. However the rooms could use a little more attention to the standard of five star, cleanliness, attention to detail, all these items not a reason not to stay at the Hotel, excellent choice, far enough away from the wild, as South Beach is known. Best not to stay out past two without a cab back.

Room Tip: Ask to view, perhaps close to pool if you use it, could be loud though, upper floors have two rooms...
  • Stayed April 2012, travelled with family
2 Thank wpaapw
Roma
Reviewed 11 May 2012

The hotel surpassed our expectations.
We felt at home and the staff was extremely gentle, friendly and available to satisfy our requests.
We occupied a Studio Room, that is very spacious with a comfortable sofa bed, very nicely decorated and well equipped.
The location is only a couple of blocks from Ocean Drive and not too far from Hyspaniol Way and Lincoln Road (apx 10 mins walking).
I strongly reccomend.

• Stayed May 2012, travelled with friends
4 Thank M_Cristina_Z
Jayres, General Manager at Kimpton Angler's Hotel, responded to this review, 14 May 2012
Thank you for your recent review and kind words.

I'm very happy that you enjoyed your visit at such a high level. I'll pass along your compiments to all of our team members.

We look forward to welcoming you back to your home in South Beach again soon.

Regards,

Dubai, United Arab Emirates
Reviewed 11 May 2012

From the first minute on we enjoyed it. Great service and best breakfast (not included)

Room Tip: With balcony would be best but you are out all day anyway.
  • Stayed May 2012, travelled as a couple