“I'd stay again for sure” 5 of 5 bubbles
Review of Kimpton Angler's Hotel

Kimpton Angler's Hotel
Ranked #15 of 206 Hotels in Miami Beach
GreenLeadersSilver level
“I'd stay again for sure”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 7 August 2012 via mobile

Great efforts to get to know you and make sure you feel welcome. Lovely rooms and the best part is location, it's only short walks anywhere, the shortest being to the beach. I wouldn't stay on Ocean drive and would imagine the constant restaurant hostesses hounding to sit you down would get tedious over and over just walking into your hotel.

Back to the Anglers
It's a cute pool too and again the staff are fantastic, btw no resort fees either' loved it

• Stayed August 2012
    • 5 of 5 bubbles

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (327)
Odenton
1 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 6 August 2012

Please make sure when you pick this hotel you understand the location, amenities, and customer service can not fulfill a 4-5 star rating. They try to make up in customer service what they lack in the older facility, not located near the beach. Unfortunately they made promises they did not honor. The one pool, only goes up to 5 feet, small enough for 3 to 5 children without adults to swim. This hotel is appropriate for a business traveler staying a night or so. Please seek discount rates if you choose this hotel for family or romantic getaway. No spa.

Room Tip: Older property, choose according to your need.
  • Stayed July 2012, travelled with family
1 Thank Elijah42
Jayres, General Manager at Kimpton Angler's Hotel, responded to this review, 7 August 2012
Thank you for recently being our guest and taking the time to review us.

I am sad to see that you feel that we have not delivered on our ratings. We do not sell ourselves as a beach front property nor do we market that we have a spa. We have a wonderful spa company that comes in and does in room or pool side massages of all kinds and they are top notch without ever causing a single guest complaint. As we are only 45 suites, our pool is smaller but again receives rave reviews from our guests.

Please feel free to contact me at Jayres@theanglersresort.com so that I can learn more of why you feel that we deserve a 1 out of 5.

James E. Ayres
Canton, Michigan
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 6 August 2012

We had a great stay at the Anglers. Service was outstanding, from the managers to the front desk staff. Everyone seemed to make the effort to go out of their way to make sure things were going well. Location is good. Just 3 blocks from the beach and the art deco district. The rooms were well appointed and comfortable. Overall a very nice, peaceful hotel very close to the fun in SoBe.

• Stayed June 2012, travelled as a couple
1 Thank fv17
Thank you for recently being our guest and taking the time to review us.

I'm glad that you enjoyed your visit with us. Our team takes great pride in exceed our guests expectations.

We look forward to welcoming you home again soon.

Regards,

James Ayres
bedfordshire
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 4 August 2012

As a contributor to trip advisor I try to put back in what I get out, I chose this hotel based upon other travellers reviews of this hotel.

The hotel was situated close South Beach , just a 3 minute walk , there was valet parking right out side the hotel which was very convenient. Check-in was quick they were all ready for me and so was my room when I got there.

To be fair the room was very well furnished and very clean, we had a Tower Duplex Queen Suite which was a lounge downstairs and bathroom and bedroom upstairs. Not really the biggest of rooms that I have had but just big enough to make you comfortable. Free internet access.

I’m not sure if the adjacent room was vacant for the first 2 nights but on the 3rd night we could here their conversation and their TV through the walls. The worst bit for me though was our next door neighbour was up and down most of the night with what I assume was with her stilettos on and with the wooden floors the footsteps reverberated right though our room, we had clunk clunk clunk until the early hours of the morning.

We had breakfast at the hotel which was ok but expensive. Although I knew before I booked the hotel that breakfast was not included I felt a little bit aggrieved that when you pay so much money for a room in a so called top hotel they couldn’t throw in a basic buffet breakfast.

Apart from one sleepless night with my neighbours the hotel didn’t really have tom many any negatives for me but it also didn’t really push my buttons. I would try somewhere else next time I visit Miami

• Stayed March 2012, travelled as a couple
2 Thank waynz
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 4 August 2012

I booked this trip last year and was really looking forward to coming to Miami having never been here before. The reason we booked this hotel was it was small intimate and really well located. It delivered on all,my wife was not feeling too good when we arrived and we would not have wanted to be any where else because the fact the hotel is small it was quite, peaceful the pool area was great not ever crowded. The rooms were great, really up market with all the usual facilities, we were surprised when we arrived that our bed have a love heart on it made up of rose petals which was a really nice touch ! The restaurant was good serving Cuban and latin food we ate here quite often as my wife was not too well, the chocolate desert cake went down well and definetely recommend the cocktails. The staff were very attentive, we were looked after very well, the location was perfect you are so close to everything it was very hot to walk but the best way to see parts of Miami is to walk especially Ocean Drive on a Sunday which was a really good experience everybody just having a great time and all the fancy cars drivng up and down, Lincoln Road is not too far for shopping, we did take a walk to Joe Stone's Crab on a Wednesday but unfortunately they were closed. This place is the perfect location very good value for money and you will not be disappointed,we are looking forward to going back, hopefully soon.

• Stayed July 2012, travelled as a couple
1 Thank Pradip P
Thank you for recently being our guest and taking the time to share your experience.

I'm delighted that you enjoyed your visit with us here at The Angler's. We delight in special occasions such as yours where we can make your visit extra romantic and memorable. It sounds like you had an amazing visit. I'll make sure to share your rave reviews with all of our team.

We look forward to welcoming you home again soon.

Regards,

James Ayres
New York
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 2 August 2012

Coming to SOBE I expected to stay in the heart of Art Deco district, walking distance to the beach, easy access to restaurants and night life but also wanted to experience an elegant , tropical, setting with addition of the superb service. Guess what ?
I found it all at The Angler's !!!!!!

• Stayed July 2012
2 Thank Jola
London, United Kingdom
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 31 July 2012

We stayed at the Anglers in April and had a suite with a private patio and a jacuzzi. First of all the good points: the hotel has a fantastic location. It's so quick to walk to the beach, shops and great restaurants but also quiet. The staff were really friendly and helpful too, helping with booking tours and providing beach bags with towels and water was a nice touch. Yummy chocolates and beach balls and kites were freebies for the children, also very thoughtful. The pool was lovely too, albeit small, but that's common to all hotels in the area.
I would really have liked to give it a higher rating but the room was just ok, nothing special and a little tired looking. I would have expected something a bit smarter for this price. The tv sound did not work properly and we gave up trying to get our suitcases up the spiral staircase ( whoever thought that was a good idea??) to the bedroom and ended up leaving our suitcases downstairs. The jacuzzi was nice but had a mind of its own and kept turning itself on and off which was disconcerting. Also the private patio faces onto the main road, although there is a hedge separating you from the pavement so its fairly private. That said we did get a few other hotel and restaurant guests taking the wrong path and ending up in our patio when we were in the jacuzzi! As there was so much on our doorstep we didn't eat in the restaurant so can't comment on the food, but we did order mojitos one evening and unfortunately they were not great. I think this could be a great place to stay if the rooms were updated & with a little more attention to detail.

Stayed April 2012, travelled with family