“Best of the Best”

Kimpton Angler's Hotel
Ranked #26 of 212 Hotels in Miami Beach
GreenLeadersSilver level
Reviewed 9 August 2014

I travel to Southern Florida about once a month for work. I always DREAD these trips, as I do not love the Florida weather and what it does to my hair, and the S. Beach scene is definitely NOT my scene or comfort level (I'm not typically looking to join the club/singles scene on my work trips). The Anglers Hotel has changed my entire opinion of S. Florida. Since I have started staying here, I actually LOOK FORWARD to my Florida trips now. The customer service at The Anglers is above and beyond any expectation, and this alone makes the entire experience far surpass any other hotel in the area (Starwood, boutique etc). I will NEVER stay at another hotel in S. Florida. The rooms are cool and fun, the restaurant is delicious and the employees are absolutely delightful. LOVE LOVE The Anglers and I highly recommend!

Room Tip: Any room is great - each room has a hot tub/jacuzzi or a private outdoor terrace. All rooms feel li...
  • Stayed: July 2014, travelled on business
3  Thank Bunchofbeauty
Jacqueline P, General Manager at Kimpton Angler's Hotel, responded to this reviewResponded 14 August 2014

Bunchofbeauty
Wow – what an amazing review. We are glad you found your home away from home at The Angler’s. We promise to offer you the attentive and genuine service you fell in love with during your initial stay. We are looking forward to your upcoming visits and appreciate you are recommending us to other travelers.
Jacqueline Ploettner, General Manager

Write a ReviewReviews (1,896)

Reviewed 8 August 2014

This was our first experience at a Kimpton property. The staff actually provides customer service, and that extra touch of detail that makes you feel good about the money you've spent, and the experience you have, while on the property.

Can't wait to go back!

Room Tip: Every room is nice at this property but if you want extra room, or traveling with friends get the st...
  • Stayed: May 2014, travelled as a couple
2  Thank Bernard D

Bernard D
Thanks for sharing your feedback from your recent stay. We are happy that we were able to provide you with the high end customer service you expected and deserve as our guest. We are glad you enjoyed all the little extra perks we offer our guest. We hope you will be visiting us or one of our sister properties in the near future again.

Reviewed 6 August 2014

What a luxury hotel! It's the little attention to detail, friendly helpful staff, free wine hour! (amazing wine too!) ipod docks in the large (as standard!) rooms, comfortable beds and sofa. Great food. I would love to return!

3  Thank Foodlover12345111111

Foodlover12345111111
Thanks for your wonderful comments. We are glad to hear that you appreciated all the little details we are offering to our guests, from our complimentary morning coffee, evening wine hour, yoga mats in each room to our complimentary beach bikes.
We are happy your stay was fun and enjoyable. Please be our guest again. We are looking forward to welcoming you back in the near future.

Reviewed 5 August 2014

We stayed at the Angler's for the last weekend in July. I didn't want to stay on Ocean Drive, but the Angler's is a short walk to the beach. Our room was on the first floor on the side of the hotel, we were in a studio king, which felt almost like an apartment. I was disappointed that we had to walk either thru the front lobby or around the hotel to access the pool. The area is strange, the corner from the hotel is seedy, there was a homeless man that lived on the bench on the corner, but the hotel and stores across the street from it are ok. We grew used to seeing the homeless man that lived on the bench on the corner. I would stay here again if I did another extended weekend trip to South Beach

Room Tip: The pool area has speakers with music that can be loud.

NicoleCharisse
Thanks for sharing your feedback from your recent stay with us. We are sorry to hear the situation you encountered with a homeless person near our property and like to apologize for any inconvenience this may have caused. However, we are thrilled that this didn’t impact your stay and that you had a great time overall. It makes us happy that we will be your hotel of choice again next time you are visiting South Beach. We are looking forward to welcoming you back soon.

Reviewed 3 August 2014

This is my second time at the Angler's since my stay last June and I was delighted to see that Jessica at the desk was still there. She was very hepful during my last visit and I remember her fondly. Since my last visit, the hotel has become a Kimpton and I thought this was a natural fit. The wine hour was lovely and the k cups in the room did not go unnoticed. This hotel is just so well run on so many levels and I really enjoyed my spacious room, but even more so the personalized service. I told John at the 660 restaurant that I would come back soon and spend more time. The location is convenient and away from the rowdy crowds that can often be associated with Miami. It's so refreshing to be genuinely welcomed at a hotel. The in room welcome amenities were a nice touch and I loved that the Bellman knew my room number upon asking my last name at the repentance so I could avoid carrying my items up the stairs to check in. Love this hotel and can't wait to come back!

Room Tip: All rooms are nice but I liked room 501
  • Stayed: August 2014, travelled with friends
2  Thank Marissa H
Jacqueline P, General Manager at Kimpton Angler's Hotel, responded to this reviewResponded 4 August 2014

Marissa H
Thanks for your wonderful review. We are thrilled to hear that your travels brought you back to The Angler’s this year again. We appreciate your kind compliments about our attentive and welcoming staff. Thanks for noticing all the little perks we offer as a Kimpton hotel, from our complimentary morning coffee to our evening hosted wine hour. We can’t wait having you back as our guest - hopefully for a longer stay next time.

Reviewed 31 July 2014

Angler's is a great place to stay at. The Hotel is beautiful inside and out. The rooms are very clean and updated. The staff are wonderful. We had a car and we used the valet, we left our luggage in the trunk and forgot about it. We waited for the valet to come back to give us our ticket and the poor guy, brought everything out of our trunk, we felt so foolish of forgetting them and felt bad for the poor guy, it was so hot. We made it up with the tip. It is close to the main strip of South Beach, shopping, restaurant, and beach would defiantly go back to this place the next time I stay in South Beach.

• Stayed: July 2014, travelled with family
2  Thank HersheyCocoa

HersheyCocoa
Thanks for posting such an amazing feedback from your stay. We appreciate your kind words about our attentive staff. It makes us happy that you had a great vacation with us and we are looking forward to your return.

Reviewed 31 July 2014

Recommended by 2 friends and did not disappoint. Rooms are large, clean and comfortable. The staff cannot do enough for you.
Nice little touches, like giving us sun cream when we were going out for the day.
Location is great.
Would recommend this hotel to anyone.

2  Thank Colleen D

Colleen D
Thanks for your wonderful comments. We are happy you enjoyed everything The Angler’s has to offer, from our spacious and comfy rooms, to our amenities and amazing location in the heart of South Beach. We appreciate you are recommending us to other travelers.
Please be our guest again. We are looking forward to welcoming you back.