“Kicking It in SoBe at Anglers”

Kimpton Angler's Hotel
Ranked #17 of 207 Hotels in Miami Beach
GreenLeadersSilver level
Montreal, Canada
“Kicking It in SoBe at Anglers”
Reviewed 12 August 2014

Just had a very good stay at the Anglers for 5 days. This is the first time that I have stayed here. My comparison would be the Loews which I have stayed at 2 times. The Anglers is a quaint boutique Hotel (43 Rooms spread across 3 floors). EVERYONE that we interacted with at the Anglers treated us very well (Brian - Doorman, Nicklaus, Malvert). The guys are all helpful and knowledgeable about where to eat and how to get around SoBe.

We had a beautiful spacious room with a large sitting area (couch and 2 club chairs), large bathroom and a king size bed. I counted 4 closets for hanging up your clothes, a safe, a mini-bar, and a balcony overlooking the pool. There were 4 built-in ceiling speakers in the main room and another one in the bathroom. We cranked them up to get in the party mood before we headed out each evening.

Our room at the Anglers was larger than when I stayed at the Loews and the Loews room was more expensive. BUT the Loews in on the Beach the Anglers is 2 SHORT blocks from the beach and in a quiet area. If you need a gym during your holiday, the Anglers doesn't have one but there is one on Collins that you could probably pay to use (you would have to pay to use the gym at the Loews- even as a guest of the Loews). The Angler's has a nice little outdoor pool.

The Anglers will have to work on improving their food at the restaurant. I think they are trying. This did not have a negative impact on our stay since there are so many restaurants in the area.
I think Anglers is a very good hotel for adults but not geared to young children BUT I would not be bringing my children to SoBe because there isn't much for them there.

All-in-all I would stay at the Anglers again for sure.

I will upload some pictures later :-)

Room Tip: - You can ride the Local Bus up and down Washington Avenue (to Lincoln Road and as far as 2300 Colli...
  • Stayed August 2014, travelled as a couple
3 Thank Mr Traveling G
Jacqueline P, General Manager at Kimpton Angler's Hotel, responded to this review, 14 August 2014
Mr Traveling G
Thanks for taking the time and sharing such a detail review. We appreciate your kind words about our spacious and comfy rooms, our sanctuary hotel ambience and great location, 2 blocks from the beautiful Atlantic Ocean, bars, restaurants and shopping in walking distance. If you like to exercise while on vacation, we have the perfect offer: complimentary bikes and yoga mats and even complimentary access to an upscale gym across the street from us. We are looking forward to your next visit. Please return soon.
Jacqueline Ploettner, General Manager

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (328)
Bern
Reviewed 11 August 2014

The Angler's offers very nice townhouse style rooms. We were able to fit the whole family of 5, Kids on one floor, we on the other and there was even a rooftop terrace! Easy walking distance to shopping, restaurants and nightlife as well as the beach. The staff was very friendly and helpful. They have a nice bar and complimentary wine hour at night.

• Stayed July 2014, travelled with family
2 Thank HugoBern
HugoBern
Thanks for your lovely review. We appreciate your compliments about our charming hotel, loft style guest rooms and our attentive guest service. It makes us happy that you had a perfect vacation with us.
Please be our guest again when returning to South Beach.
Knoxville, Tennessee
Reviewed 9 August 2014

The outdoor dining here is in a quiet side garden that feels wonderfully secluded. My husband and I had a delicious meal and enjoyed the friendly attentive service. I recommend the pandebonos appetizer. I ordered the short rib special (I thought), but my meal was a piece of meat the size of a brick with no bones. It was delicious and tender, but I had to take most of it home. We got 2 more meals out of that. My husband got the mahi mahi special and it was also delicious.

Stayed July 2014, travelled as a couple
4 Thank lindencraig
lindencraig
Thanks for posting such a wonderful review. We are thrilled that you enjoyed your dining experience with us. We offer our guest a charming indoor -outdoor ambience, with attentive and friendly service. Our Miami Spice menu is delicious. Make sure to check out our Weekend Brunch and our themed Happy Hour with live entertainment each Wednesday. We are looking forward to welcoming you back to our hotel and 660 Restaurant.
Dallas, Texas
Reviewed 9 August 2014

I travel to Southern Florida about once a month for work. I always DREAD these trips, as I do not love the Florida weather and what it does to my hair, and the S. Beach scene is definitely NOT my scene or comfort level (I'm not typically looking to join the club/singles scene on my work trips). The Anglers Hotel has changed my entire opinion of S. Florida. Since I have started staying here, I actually LOOK FORWARD to my Florida trips now. The customer service at The Anglers is above and beyond any expectation, and this alone makes the entire experience far surpass any other hotel in the area (Starwood, boutique etc). I will NEVER stay at another hotel in S. Florida. The rooms are cool and fun, the restaurant is delicious and the employees are absolutely delightful. LOVE LOVE The Anglers and I highly recommend!

Room Tip: Any room is great - each room has a hot tub/jacuzzi or a private outdoor terrace. All rooms feel li...
  • Stayed July 2014, travelled on business
3 Thank Bunchofbeauty
Bunchofbeauty
Wow – what an amazing review. We are glad you found your home away from home at The Angler’s. We promise to offer you the attentive and genuine service you fell in love with during your initial stay. We are looking forward to your upcoming visits and appreciate you are recommending us to other travelers.
Reviewed 8 August 2014

This was our first experience at a Kimpton property. The staff actually provides customer service, and that extra touch of detail that makes you feel good about the money you've spent, and the experience you have, while on the property.

Can't wait to go back!

Room Tip: Every room is nice at this property but if you want extra room, or traveling with friends get the st...
  • Stayed May 2014, travelled as a couple
2 Thank Bernard D
Bernard D
Thanks for sharing your feedback from your recent stay. We are happy that we were able to provide you with the high end customer service you expected and deserve as our guest. We are glad you enjoyed all the little extra perks we offer our guest. We hope you will be visiting us or one of our sister properties in the near future again.
Middlesbrough, United Kingdom
Reviewed 6 August 2014

What a luxury hotel! It's the little attention to detail, friendly helpful staff, free wine hour! (amazing wine too!) ipod docks in the large (as standard!) rooms, comfortable beds and sofa. Great food. I would love to return!

• Stayed July 2014, travelled as a couple
3 Thank Foodlover12345111111
Foodlover12345111111
Thanks for your wonderful comments. We are glad to hear that you appreciated all the little details we are offering to our guests, from our complimentary morning coffee, evening wine hour, yoga mats in each room to our complimentary beach bikes.
We are happy your stay was fun and enjoyable. Please be our guest again. We are looking forward to welcoming you back in the near future.
Brooklyn, New York
Reviewed 5 August 2014

We stayed at the Angler's for the last weekend in July. I didn't want to stay on Ocean Drive, but the Angler's is a short walk to the beach. Our room was on the first floor on the side of the hotel, we were in a studio king, which felt almost like an apartment. I was disappointed that we had to walk either thru the front lobby or around the hotel to access the pool. The area is strange, the corner from the hotel is seedy, there was a homeless man that lived on the bench on the corner, but the hotel and stores across the street from it are ok. We grew used to seeing the homeless man that lived on the bench on the corner. I would stay here again if I did another extended weekend trip to South Beach

Room Tip: The pool area has speakers with music that can be loud.
  • Stayed July 2014, travelled as a couple
NicoleCharisse
Thanks for sharing your feedback from your recent stay with us. We are sorry to hear the situation you encountered with a homeless person near our property and like to apologize for any inconvenience this may have caused. However, we are thrilled that this didn’t impact your stay and that you had a great time overall. It makes us happy that we will be your hotel of choice again next time you are visiting South Beach. We are looking forward to welcoming you back soon.