“A perfect way to celebrate my 40th...”

Kimpton Angler's Hotel
Ranked #19 of 207 Hotels in Miami Beach
GreenLeadersSilver level
Fort Lauderdale, Florida
“A perfect way to celebrate my 40th...”
Reviewed 22 June 2009

From the moment I arrived on Friday until checkout on Sunday, the Angler's staff made sure I felt special. I couldn't have picked a better spot to celebrate a major milestone birthday with friends. Unlike some of the very scene-y South Beach hotels, the Angler's doesn't have to rely on overly stylized design to be totally cool. The beds are SO comfortable, the poolside villas with roof terraces are so simply chic, and the pool is small, but a great place to chill. Washington Avenue feels miles away when you're sunbathing inside that courtyard. (I would recommend one of the suites with a terrace facing the pool.) We had brunch twice at 660, the on-site restaurant, and I wish we had stayed in for dinner, too. A special shout out to our server, the lovely Eliza, who could not have been more accommodating. I've done the South Beach touristy stuff a million times, so being away from Lincoln Road and a short walk from the bustling beach is a plus in my book. OK, I'm gushing, so I'l quit. But I would definitely stay there again. My other friends who also booked rooms there were equally pleased.

• Stayed June 2009, travelled with friends
2 Thank FTLtraveler

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (329)
wherever
Reviewed 22 June 2009

The room and hotel itself were a lovely surprize but what sets this hotel apart is the staff. From Karen to the Chef, every single staff member was professional and friendly. I truly felt like I mattered as a guest and a person. My room was in the tower and I have never stayed in a room quite like this with the two story set up - clean, comfortable and quite pretty. I loved the little personal notes I received at turn down and check in. This was a business trip and I was not very excited about being in Miami on Father's Day weekend but the staff at The Angler's made it a truly enjoyable experience. Plus this is walking distance to shopping and restaurants on and off Ocean Drive. To sum it up - a hidden gem very close to all the trendiness that SOBE offers.

• Stayed June 2009, travelled on business
1 Thank sully7705
texas
Reviewed 22 June 2009

very nice, spacious room. new, clean and modern. excellent customer service.

• Stayed May 2009, travelled with family
1 Thank lizcelina
California, USA
Reviewed 18 June 2009

From the moment we arrived we felt very welcomed. The hotel has a wonderful modern, yet retro feel to it. The people were so friendly and helpful, giving us lots of information without us even asking. The rooms were clean, bright and beautiful. Many extra touches , Hollywood photo magazines in the room, complimentary stationary and business cards with our name on them showing the address of the Hotel, and even cool art deco shaped water bottles. The location was excellent, close enough to walk to the fun stuff but far enough away to avoid the Spring Breakers noise all night long. The martini's at the bar were perfect and nice to sit outside with a drink before or after going out. We had breakast poolside which was delightful.
We ate at some really excellent restaurants. Our favorite was "Barton G's." The food was great and the presentations were out of this world! I put in a few pictures in this review but it does not do it justice. I would avoid Grazie's. The food was mediocre, our service was not good, the wine selection was poor and they tryed to charge us double for wine we didn't have. We enjoyed "Tapas and Tintos" on the historic Espanola Way. Good food, nice people and good people watching.
We stayed there for three days prior to a cruise out of Ft Lauderdale for a cruise. We hated to leave!

• Stayed March 2009, travelled as a couple
1 Thank Sue1002
New York
Reviewed 9 June 2009

Pro: I really loved this hotel. The location is perfect. Two blocks from the beach with all the best restaurants and shops in walking distance. There is need to even rent a car. Next time, I will just take a cab from the airport. The staff is most accommodating, super friendly and helpful. The rooms are spacious and tastefully furnished. The beds are big and stable enough.

Con: The remote control for TV and audio was way too complicated and there was no light switch by the bed. But these are just minor details.

• Stayed June 2009, travelled as a couple
London, United Kingdom
Reviewed 8 June 2009

Very nice place with a good little pool. Rooms v nice and staff were excellent. Nothing was too much trouble for them to organise for us from dinner reservations to car hire. The location is fine. Ok its two blocks from the beach but its no problem to walk there and you are on the strip in no more than 2/3 minutes. The shops are one block away so as far as we were concerned it was a great location. The hotel also seems a lot better value than some of the other places where you were clearly paying to be on Miami beach.

• Stayed May 2009, travelled as a couple
dallas
Reviewed 2 June 2009

Went to Anglers for one night after reading the reviews on this site. Great tranquil property and lovely furnishings. If I had to do this again, would not stay so far from the SoBe hub as the night before we were at the Ritz Southbeach which is better locationwise and definitely better if you have kids (I had a teen with me). But if you need quiet time, Anglers is great...but you miss out on the ocean view (it is close enough) and the pool at the Anglers was quite small. Didn't eat at the restaurant as there was no one there but there are many choices in the vicinity when it comes to shopping and restaurants so that was indeed a plus. The room was really very nice....

• Stayed June 2009, travelled with family