Where do I begin? We took a "SOBE Love Excursion" with another couple to wrap up our summer. My homie found a good rate on this hotel online, and we were not ready to experience the Angler. We really weren't. It surpassed any hotel experience we'd had as young BUPs! (Black Urban Professionals)
Okay, so we pull up and parking is limited, so we decided to do valet. They were really nice and efficient. On the outside of the hotel, it looks plain and small. You actually check in, when you get to your room. They bring your paperwork up. So we walk in, and the lobby looks small yet quaintly decorated. The front desk area is right by the elevators and it is a small area to maneuver. Our initial impression, was, $150 a night for this..whateva. Our attitude changed as soon as we walked into our room.
That room, that room!! It was huge with a chic modern upcale feel. It had a flatscreen tv with surround sound in the ceiling! The bed was huge and the overall feel and vibe of the room just made you feel classy! The wine glasses were a nice touch in the cabinet! We also had a patio that was nice. The bathroom was superb. Everything just surpassed any expectation we could have imagined. We couldn't believe how nice it was, and our couple friends couldn't either!
The service was great! Everyone was soo nice and helpful. If you needed ice, they brought it to your room. The continental breakfast was limited. The location of the hotel was PERFECT!!!!! It was like 2 blocks from the beach and Ocean Drive. Right in the heart of Sobe but still nooked away for quiet solitude. We ordered dinner and at it on our rooftop balcony. Nice!!!! We were able to walk everywhere!!!!! If we ever go back to Miami, we are definitely staying here! We were so impressed with the hotel that we created a new cocktail and name it "The Angler!". (plus we had to get rid of all the liquor we brought---lol)
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Nestled deep just off Washington Avenue one would not expect to find a unique collection of accommodations and lushly landscaped atmosphere that promises to instill a sense of relaxation the moment you enter. Privacy by design, on rooftop terraces, private gardens and private Jacuzzis. The pool is a perfect retreat to bask in by sun or moon. Unlike most hotels, at Kimpton Angler's you will instantly feel as though you are in a friends home, with furnishings, fixtures and services that meet even the most discriminating traveler. Stay a night, a week or longer. This is your new home away from home. Four legged friends are welcome too. Choose your suite for the perfect retreat for family, friends, honeymoon, girlfriend's getaway, business trip, long holiday, special occasion or just a break from the ordinary. This is a charming and lovely taste of the tropics, as never before seen in South Beach. With a subtle mix of international flavor and style clientele from all parts of the globe, all will convene and feel welcome. At once the hotel is discreet while managing to be the center of the attention all at the same time. Energies flow amongst tower suites, garden lounge, and intimate communal pool where relaxing or growing your circle of friends is the order of the day. With a unique approach melding fine island living with historic charm and elegance, we invite you to come be a part of Kimpton Angler's. Step into an era of simple yet stylish beauty and sophistication. Spacious Studios and Duplex Suites offer a new level of hospitality that you are sure to enjoy. Set in the heart of the historic art deco district, travelers are invited to take their place in public or in private. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Booking.com, Expedia, Hotels.com, Travel Republic (UK), Ebookers, Odigeo, Southall Travel, Priceline, 5viajes2012 S.L., getaroom.com and HotelQuickly so you can book your Kimpton Angler's Hotel reservations with confidence. We help millions of travellers each month to find the perfect hotel for both holiday and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- The Angler`s Boutique Hotel Miami Beach
- The Anglers Boutique Hotel
- Kimpton Angler's Hotel Miami Beach, Florida