All reviewsocean drivetwo blocksart decovery pleasant stayhotel is in a great locationlate checkmiami
Reviewed 6 February 2013

We arrived at night and were so excited until we saw our room. The first room had a horrible musty/mold smell and the bed squeaked ridiculously loud if you sat on it. We went downstairs and complained and the man at the front desk told us he had one other room with a king bed. We went to check it out and the air conditioning wasn't working. It was blowing out warm air. He showed us another room with 2 queens and just by peeking into the bathroom we saw 2 cockroaches!! At this point I started calling around to other hotels but no one had availability. Finally he gave us the owners suite, which was on the first floor, right by the front desk. Let's just say for the 3 nights we were there, we would wake up nightly to loud drunks at 4 am standing outside our door. And then at 7 am, we would hear the girls at the desk having conversations about how unfair their schedule was.

Other than that, it was in a great location, walking distance to every thing. And they have towels for you to borrow, so you don't have to pack your own

• Stayed: November 2012, travelled as a couple
Reviewed 27 January 2013

I wanted to stay at an Art Deco style hotel when I visited South Beach. The Harrison Hotel filled the bill. From the folks preparing their own Cuban sandwiches in the courtyard to the German couple next door to me sharing restaurant recommendations...I loved every second of my stay.

Caveats: This IS an older hotel. That means no pool, no gym, no elevator. Absolutely loved my bed and the hardwood floor. Enjoyed chatting with the staff. It is a three minute walk to the beach. Loved the fact that I didnt need my car at all. If you DO drive, valet parking is 30 dollars a day...but I parked on the street. No problems at all with that.

If you want a throw back in time and a place that gets you in the mood of the 30's, the Harrison Hotel is a nice place to stay

• Stayed: January 2013, travelled solo
Reviewed 19 January 2013

Rooms are very new and modern with good air-condition. Location is also good, near to lot of restaurants, shoppings, etc. Room cleaning takes lot of time and I had seen every body waiting until 3 pm to go into the room (even if you check in or already staying there). They should try to do it sooner in the morning hours. While I was there, they were arranging for a restaurant. Hope that should be ready now. Reception girl (from Poland) was very kind and with smiling face.

Room Tip: No lifts. So, if you cannot carry luggage, you should ask for rooms at ground floor.
  • Stayed: August 2012, travelled on business
2  Thank Volcanoking
Reviewed 25 October 2012

The Harrison hotel was a cool hotel. I went with my boyfriend in March, 2012. The got us checked in early. Our room was very clean with a large mirror which was great! Not right on the strip so we had peaceful nights, when needed. I'd definitely recommend the hotel.

• Stayed: March 2012, travelled as a couple
2  Thank TuereL
Reviewed 15 October 2012

I stayed with more 3 friends in a weekend.
Staff gave us lots of recommendations of what we should do in our short stay. It´s close to the beach and close to the bars and restaurants.
Room was clean but when it is morning there is too much light in the room because there is no break light curtain.

• Stayed: May 2012, travelled with friends