All reviewsocean drivetwo blocksart decovery pleasant stayhotel is in a great locationlate checkmiami
Reviewed 13 February 2013

This is a fine place if you need a place to sleep and shower. It was clean and is a good location but would be so much better with a little work. Rooms are sparse and it looks of though it was 'remodeled' in a fast and inexpensive way. It has tons of potential, hopefully they will use it! Great courtyard and could be such a cute boutique hotel. Probably would not suggest to friends...

• Stayed: February 2013
1  Thank amooredunn
Reviewed 12 February 2013

I've stayed in many hotels on South Beach and this is by far the best! Not pricey. Great little patio! Right in the middle of everything and within walking distance to clubs & shopping on 8th & Collins etc. I particulary enjoyed the outside patio for meeting people. A little tip.....the hotel is right around the corneron Washington from the South Beach Local bus that will take you anywhere on South Beach for only a quarter!! Only two blocks from the ocean. Wonderful people!! The hotel has a very Euro feel to it.....Very cool.

Room Tip: No noise at all. The hotel is sort of "tucked away" and the suites are especially nice. Great AC!
  • Stayed: February 2013, travelled solo
2  Thank byrdmanagement
Reviewed 9 February 2013

My girlfriend and I just returned from South Beach for a few days. First let me preference that it is South Beach, in the middle of season, and it is busy here. The hotel was one of the cheapest I could find, which is scary at times. The hotel is located near the Southern most point of South beach which is a great location to just pask your car in the hotels rear parking lot, $30, but you can walk everywhere without driving. Don't valet, it is a waste since the lot is right behind hotel. The hotel front desk girl was friendly. Hotel is old and needs a refreshing, alot. The carpets in the hallways are very dirty and there are NO elevators. It is only two stories, but if you have luggage, many trips are needed. The room is ok, clean, no bugs, mold. AC works, TV works, no complaints there. Bathroom served its purpose and hardwood floors need touching up. No loud noises to speak of.

Room Tip: Get a room that faces the courtyard. Less noise than the street
  • Stayed: February 2013, travelled as a couple
2  Thank PKexperience
Reviewed 6 February 2013

We arrived at night and were so excited until we saw our room. The first room had a horrible musty/mold smell and the bed squeaked ridiculously loud if you sat on it. We went downstairs and complained and the man at the front desk told us he had one other room with a king bed. We went to check it out and the air conditioning wasn't working. It was blowing out warm air. He showed us another room with 2 queens and just by peeking into the bathroom we saw 2 cockroaches!! At this point I started calling around to other hotels but no one had availability. Finally he gave us the owners suite, which was on the first floor, right by the front desk. Let's just say for the 3 nights we were there, we would wake up nightly to loud drunks at 4 am standing outside our door. And then at 7 am, we would hear the girls at the desk having conversations about how unfair their schedule was.

Other than that, it was in a great location, walking distance to every thing. And they have towels for you to borrow, so you don't have to pack your own

• Stayed: November 2012, travelled as a couple
Reviewed 27 January 2013

I wanted to stay at an Art Deco style hotel when I visited South Beach. The Harrison Hotel filled the bill. From the folks preparing their own Cuban sandwiches in the courtyard to the German couple next door to me sharing restaurant recommendations...I loved every second of my stay.

Caveats: This IS an older hotel. That means no pool, no gym, no elevator. Absolutely loved my bed and the hardwood floor. Enjoyed chatting with the staff. It is a three minute walk to the beach. Loved the fact that I didnt need my car at all. If you DO drive, valet parking is 30 dollars a day...but I parked on the street. No problems at all with that.

If you want a throw back in time and a place that gets you in the mood of the 30's, the Harrison Hotel is a nice place to stay

• Stayed: January 2013, travelled solo