All reviewsocean drivetwo blocksart decovery pleasant stayhotel is in a great locationlate checkmiami
Reviewed 25 February 2013

Me and my wife stayed 2days after our cruise..it was food and resturant week everything was booked....harrison was all i could find on SOBE...I thought it would b a DUMP..TO MY SURPRISE IT WAS VERY NICE...I RECOMMEND THIS HOTEL!! THANX ALEJANDRO...

1  Thank scootakeyz75
Reviewed 25 February 2013

Location is great we were 10minute ride from port of Miami (have a service to take you there). Was the best night sleep of our whole trip the beds were that comfortable!!! Would definitely go back thank you.

Reviewed 24 February 2013

We came in during the Boat Show & it was a mess finding a place to stay. Our options were limited. Many places are sold out & prices are doubled during this time. With that, this was the best we could do and luckily it wasn't bad.

Simply a place to crash and get washed up. 2 blocks off the beach. It was clean though and the bed was VERY comfortable. Be sure to ask for extra towels! Housekeeping needs serious improvement. They only came once a day and late (4/5pm).

No amenities(pool, jacuzzi, gym) No ice machines, mini bar, lobby bar/restaurant or room service.

Overall, great experience and in a great location! Couple blocks from the beach and lots of great restaurants. Short walk to Big Pink for brunch & Joe's Stone Crab takeout. We stayed in room 210 and I recommend it!

Room Tip: 210 corner room
  • Stayed: February 2013, travelled as a couple
Reviewed 23 February 2013

I stayed here one night during the 2013 food and wine festival. A co worker who wasn't familiar with the area booked my stay. The hotel doesn't have much curb appeal and is about 5 blocks from the action of south beach. It has some old Miami charm - but lacks in luxury.

The valet was kind but $30 for parking per day - ouch! I've paid less at a Hilton ON the beach in ft lauderdale. Then again - this is south beach!

The only access to my room seemed to be via an outside stairwell. It felt motel-ish. My room reeked of bleach upon walk in - I suppose that's a good thing? And the 80's decor made it feel like a less expensive motel. But the bathroom was nicely upgraded and I appreciated the wood floors and clean tidy appearance!

The stairs were very busy and I was awakened at the crack of dawn by what sounded like a herd of elephants coming up the stairwell. Check in and check out was smooth and easy - the staff was as kind as can be! From what I see - if you are budget-conscious than this may be the place for you. I prefer a little more luxury when I travel, but all in all this wasn't too bad.

Free wifi -- no pool -- a 5-8 min walk to beach -- easy to access I-95.

I will definitely stay somewhere a little fancier but this is not a terrible option.

2  Thank jamieathena
Reviewed 17 February 2013

Just got back from South Beach and I have to say I loved it. We stayed at The Harrison Wed.-Sat. This place it a great option if your looking to stay near Ocean Dr. and close to the beach,(2 block away) but away from all the noise and craziness of the night life when you want to relax. We walked everyday to the beach and to the great restaurant/night life. Don't really need a car. The staff was very friendly and even met a man who was panting outside a beautiful picture of a women. This hotel is full of art and panting every where you look, which I loved. The rooms are clean and well kept.
If you have to check out but you don't leave till the afternoon the girls there will hold your luggage for you till you come back from having lunch or your ready to leave. They even will call you taxis which don't take to long to come.
Have to say I loved this place and will come back. :0)

• Stayed: February 2013, travelled as a couple