“Small boutique hotel”

Harrison Hotel
Ranked #195 of 212 Hotels in Miami Beach
Reviewed 16 March 2013

Bienvenido a Miami!!

I've stayed in this hotel for a week at the end of February and beginning of a March. Hotel is very nice and clean! In their website they show some pictures of interior... But it's only part of it! When you are inside the hotel at the reception desk you can see how many nice pairings are in there, good art.

Rooms are very modern and clean. I stayed at the second floor but at night it was still noisy with drunk people at 5 am...WELCOME to MIAMI, lol... Thats South Beach.
Other hotels which are located in Collins Ave and Ocean Drive are much nosier! So this hotel was a great compromise between good area for the beach and not far from dirty parties, lol (For the once who interested). Washington Ave is famous for its night clubs, but it's quite calm at the area where the hotel is located in.

Hotel has a free wifi in the rooms and lobby as well, rooms have safe, iron but no refrigerator and no micro oven... I'm not sure about breakfast think they don't provide any... But it's ok, when u walk out there are plenty of restaurants and different cuisines around. Hotel provides shuttle to the MIA (Airport). Also can get free towels to go to the beach.

When you enter the hotel it's very cosy... Has many trees inside and chairs outside where you can sit and talk, trees have lights that shine at night time like Christmas trees :) Surprisingly you can meet downstairs that nice man who do all the paintings for the hotel walls!!

it's very cosy boutique hotel, which is not noisy like all the others that are on Ocean Drive. It's very south of the street. Front desk staff is very friendly and helpful. There is a girl Monica that I want to mention is very hardworking lady, she is friendly and Alejandro during the night time. They are great and helpful workers! Thanks a lot, greetings from Kazakhstan!

I would stay in this hotel again if I go to Miami South Beach :)

Room Tip: Second floor is very sunny and nice!!
  • Stayed: March 2013, travelled with family
1  Thank Assel H

Reviewed 15 March 2013

First of all, the hotel has the best location. Walking distance from all main areas and surrounded by Cafes, restaurants, stores and all you need. Stuff is super nice and willing to help with all you need. My check in was at 12:00pm and room wasn't ready so they offered me to take a shower and store my luggage for a couple of hours , which I did.
My room was on the second floor and someone helped me to carry my suitcase up the stairs as there is no elevator. Room is nice, clean - and that's what is most important for me. Had all I needed for my short business stay, including free wifi. I just couldn't figure out how to operate the TV :)
To say that I would come there for a romantic gateway with my husband - I am not sure but again - for a short stay that you are hardly in the room and need only a shower and a clean bed - it is perfect.
We rented a car and the parking is very expensive - $30 a day so we parked on the street paying by the meter.
The biggest problem of this hotel is the fact that the walls are very thin and you hear everything going on in the next room... My room was rather fine but my colleagues really suffered from it... So you better ask for a quite room upon check in.

Room Tip: Quite room on the second floor, not facing the patio...
  • Stayed: March 2013, travelled on business
1  Thank Amy222
Reviewed 3 March 2013

We stayed here by accident, booked at the Hotel St. Augusting next door and they put us up here for one night of our stay. The hotel had an ecclectic decor and was well located to strategically walk up Collins Avenue and then back down Ocean Drive and back to your hotel. It's located just away from the action to be peaceful and quiet, but near enough to easily walk to all the South Beach sights and attractions. We stayed in the Moroccan Room, it was large, clean and well equipped with a refrig, iron, nice shower etc.

• Stayed: March 2013, travelled with family
3  Thank Bouloys
Reviewed 1 March 2013

First off, I'm a flight attendant, so I get to spend a bit of time in hotels when I'm working.
This place is great. If I had an overnight in Miami, THIS would be the place I want to go rather than the swanky chain hotel-suite places that they put us in.
The room is clean and the staff friendly.
Even though we arrived a few hours early, they took the time to check to see if a room was ready. If it wasn't ready, I still was happy they took the effort all the same.
We ended up passing out asleep on the comfy bed when we got into the room. The a/c is set by remote control and is quick to cool the room (which can get a little stuffy, duh, IT IS Miami).
The entry area, a courtyard, is so romantic. The trees are covered with Christmas lights. There are wicker chairs and a nifty, hm, I don't know how to describe it other than a giant ottoman in the middle.
It was quiet while we were there. Many people we spoke to said that we came at the perfect time (February) because come March, it gets loud and crazy in Miami.
The breakfast (we had omelettes) were reasonably priced.
Location-wise, it couldn't have been better. We were able to skip paying on a rental car and rode the 150 bus in turn saving us $100. The beach is a short walk away along with several restaurants and a Walgreens (which has cheap warm empenadas yay)
Given what I've paid for a room in Atlantic City, I say the rate was very reasonable. Considering how much I saved by taking the bus and the airfare (aha, the benefits of being in the airline industry), I wouldn't mind coming back again at full price.
My only warning is that there isn't an elevator to the second floor.
Amenities-wise, there is everything you might need. Soap, shampoo, hairdryer, etc. I loved the closet space!

• Stayed: February 2013, travelled as a couple
2  Thank CharmingUniqueOne
Reviewed 1 March 2013

The location is great, on a quiet street just south of 5th Street. The Harrison was built in the Art Deco era and has been either kept up or refurbished fairly nicely. My room size was adequate with a Queen bed but I noticed that some of the other rooms were larger with a King. My room had a standard (short) shower/tub combo that worked well but there were no frills in the small but very clean bathroom.
There are no elevator in the hotel so you must be willing and able to carry your luggage up a 30's era flight of stairs but that kinda goes with the territory. I needed the exercise after eating at the wonderful restaurants.
There is WiFi that is supposed to cover all of the rooms but the antenna was down the hall and around the corner from my room and the signal was was fairly weak.
I walked a few blocks up Collins, Washington and Ocean to find a restaurant the first night, , , doing the typical search for exceptional food and was successful. The second night I was pretty tired when I set out on my search and as I turned the first corner heading up Washington I walked past an Italian Restaurant and then something told me to give it a second look. I am SO glad that I did. La Locanda is on the street level, below some of the Harrison hotel rooms and you could not even see it if you weren't looking. If you stay at the Harrison, you can do yourself a great favor and eat there. It was amazing.

Room Tip: I would assume that the rooms that do not face Washington would be quieter and you might inquire abo...
  • Stayed: February 2013, travelled on business
2  Thank KentBogle
Reviewed 1 March 2013 via mobile

Walking distance to beach and Ocean Dr.
Upgrade to suite if possible. Front Desk staff friendly and helpful. Likely to recommend and likely to return. Super Shuttle available from Miami International Airport or $33 flat rate taxi.

• Stayed: February 2013
1  Thank skateboard_cee
Reviewed 26 February 2013

Excellent location within easy walking distance of beach and Art Deco district. Quiet street but although the room was said to be soundproofed we were disturbed one night by other guests shouting and arguing. However having read reviews of other South Beach hotels we had a quiet time and felt safe at all times. Reception staff were very helpful and valet parking was close by. Two good restaurants around the corner, one giving discount to hotel guests but it is a pity there is no restaurant inside the hotel itself.

• Stayed: February 2013, travelled as a couple
Review collected in partnership with Easytobook.com