“Outstanding location and service” 5 of 5 bubbles
Review of Hotel Croydon

Hotel Croydon
Ranked #42 of 206 Hotels in Miami Beach
Redondo Beach, California
“Outstanding location and service”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 16 July 2014

Fantastic boutique hotel with stylish, very comfortable rooms.. walk across the street and over the bridge to beautiful relaxing beach. Check in was fast and easy as was check out. Front desk Lazaro Castillo was super helpful and knowledgeable and so pleasant and friendly .. Loved t will stay again next time I travel to Miami .. close enough to walk to South Beach and Ocean Drive ..Free shuttle service from the airport

• Stayed July 2014, travelled as a couple
      Location
1 Thank ARose1019
SBG_GuestRelations, Guest Relations Manager at Hotel Croydon, responded to this review, 16 July 2014
What a killer review ARose1019!! We are so delighted to read that you had such a great time here with us at Hotel Croydon! The beach is just a convenient block walk away, and South Beach is a short cab ride down. Lazaro is amazing and all of our guests seem to think so as well! I will make sure that he is aware of your kind praise! Please come back again soon!

Katrine

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (242)
  • Hebrew first
  • Korean first
New York City, New York
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 15 July 2014

Well first let me start by saying that I'm one of those travelers who reads reviews for sure and take them highly into consideration when dictating my decision to stay at one hotel over another. So that being said, I came across the Hotel Croydon on multiple travel sites and all the reviews were pretty good across the board. Being that I was visiting Miami, which I have plenty of times, this however was the first time for me to bring my best friend being her first time. SO I planned very carefully to find a great hotel that was at least 4 stars, accommodating, very clean, more resort like, great rate/location and I found it at this hotel!
My best friend is a little more conservative than me, and the resort-like feel of the Croydon was perfect for her, and a nice change of pace for me. From the roof top terrace/view, to the beautiful room/bathroom, the little details of flowers in the bathroom, turn down service for when you return from your ventures on Miami Beach this hotel was refreshing! Upon arrival, the third party reservation site, Expedia, messed up royal on my reservation, so when I arrived to the hotel I explained the situation to the GM Roberto and he was more than accommodating w/ my reservation. The front desk staff w/ Daniel, the hotel manager, who was so very helpful as well w/ my reservation/check-in/room, and desk staff Lazaro was hilarious and so hospitable. They really made us feel like we were home away from home! This hotel I feel really takes pride in the giving the guest a memorable and relaxing experience, so they pay attention to the details, little touches like flowers in your bathroom or yoga classes being offered. And while mentioning the yoga class, I highly recommend taking the class w/ Maggie, we really enjoyed the experience and I sweated out the vodka from the night before! lol The breakfast buffet was really nice as well, and I know when the restaurant is up and running it will be really lovely.
Overall, the trip was successful in that my best friend loved the hotel, Miami and her stay, and that was very important to me!

• Stayed June 2014, travelled with friends
2 Thank Alyssa P
SBG_GuestRelations, Guest Relations Manager at Hotel Croydon, responded to this review, 15 July 2014
Great review Alyssa P!! Thank you for choosing to stay with us! We are delighted to know that you and your best friend enjoyed your time here. We offer unbeatable prices, located a bit north of all the action, and a convenient block away from the beach. We offer great money saving amenities to all of our guests that decide to stay with us. I apologize that Expedia made a mistake on your reservation. I am stoked that we were able to resolve this issue efficiently. . I’m glad to hear that our team took excellent care of you as well. They are absolutely the best and keeps us all laughing whenever the opportunity! Again, we really appreciate the love and hope to have you back to see us soon!

Morrow, Ohio
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 13 July 2014 via mobile

The second we arrived the hotel was amazing. Everything is clean and brand new and the staff is wonderful. Daniel the front desk manager was wonderful. The rooms were very spacious and very comfortable. We had a great view of the ocean. The had chairs for us on the beach. What a great weekend.

Stayed July 2014
Thank you for your recent visit to Hotel Croydon and for sharing your experience with us. We are delighted you enjoyed your stay, thanks in part to the excellent service you received from Daniel. Daniel is indeed a rock star and but one of many who are dedicated to providing an original guest experience in a friendly, attentive and gracious manner. We look forward to your next visit soon.

New York City, New York
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 13 July 2014

A beautiful hotel in a lovely part of South Beach ( 10 minutes away from Ocean Drive by Car) made even more lovely by an amazing staff : Daniel, Sully, Tanya and Dolores. I went on a solo trip as a last minute get way for my birthday and plan to come back often. Outstanding property and staff !!!!!

Beds- soft, comfy, great sheets.
Bathroom Amenities - C.O. Bigelow
Service- as previously stated amazing. They leave water and Roche chocolates in the room in the evening too.
Pool - cute , great lounging chairs and towels
Roof- beautiful views
Beach- across the street, and gorgeous. It's not as crowded as the beach near Ocean Drive and more laid back.

• Stayed July 2014, travelled solo
    • 5 of 5 bubbles
SBG_GuestRelations, Director of Sales at Hotel Croydon, responded to this review, 15 July 2014
Good Evening Alethea P, and thank you for sharing your amazing 5 star review with us! HAPPY BELATED BIRTHDAY!!! We are stoked that you came to celebrate your special day with us! :) I truly appreciate your naming Daniel, Sully, Tanya and Dolores. It is great to know that the genuine care that you felt from our team resonated and we are incredibly fortunate to have team members like these working with us. It seems that you had a great time, and we look forward in welcoming you back!

Houston, Texas
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 12 July 2014

So there were some problems, but I'm not going to take off a star because I feel that the hotel was working towards fixing them.

Located mid beach, it's a short walk to a nice set up on the beach. We were there for 5 days and swam every single day. The hotel gave us free beach towels every day plus a voucher for free beach chairs. We also rented an umbrella every day which was 10 bucks. As far as the area goes for food, be prepared to walk a little bit. The hotel restaurant wasn't open yet but we walked down to a really awesome Cuban cafe one day, and another hotel down the street to a great restaurant called Essensia (highly recommend!). Other than that, we caught Lyft rides around town to go eat.

One great thing about this hotel was the ROOFTOP DECK. Marvelous views, great and comfortable furniture, and never crowded. (Pro tip- call in for delivery and eat your meal on the roof!). Swam in the pool a little bit, it was small but who cares when you have the ocean to swim in a few steps away? The wifi was free but a bit spotty. It was down frequently and definitely couldn't handle and streaming from Netflix

The hotel offered a free breakfast...all easy things like some fruit, cereal, muffins, etc. The bar was nice BUT on the second day we went down for drinks, and it was shut down. There were no chairs, no bartenders, nada. I asked the girl at the front desk about it (she seemed a little put-out that she had to turn away her attention from her online pizza ordering for herself) and she told me "It's closed for 4-8 days because of management." No apologies, no further explanations. Okay, no bar service. That's kind of a bummer but I'll deal. So I asked about the mini bar and told her that it wasn't stocked with the things it had on the list (The list had bottles of wine, etc.) Our refrigerator only had some Perrier, a few beers, and Redbull. She told me rather snottily that she'd "ask housekeeping" and turned her attention back to her pizza building, not even asking me what room I was staying in. Okay, I'd like to buy alcohol from this hotel but it seems impossible. I ended up going across the street to a convenience store and stocking our refrigerator myself. I don't want to devalue to AMAZING service of the rest of the staff because of this one person, but she was so rude and uncaring it was appalling.

It turns out that the bar was back open and running just two days later. The staff was super friendly and engaging and the drinks were delicious. Much appreciated. Actually, almost the whole time the staff was great! They helped us find restaurants, places to shop, booked a shuttle to the airport, always had the doors open for us with a friendly greeting, always said hello to us on elevators or in hallways, and made us generally feel very welcome. Housekeeping would come and do just magic in our room and make all of the sand from our beach trips disappear. There was also turn-down service in the evening times. We never wanted for towels and were also so surprised at how clean our room was whenever service would leave.

Finally, for the room itself. We had a king bed overlooking the pool and although the room was fairly small, the space was used well and very designed. The bed was incredibly comfortable. The bathroom was a shower and a sink (no counter space) but very luxurious feeling. I did notice that their bathroom doesn't have a fan, which I felt was a little odd.
The flooring in the room is a gorgeous wood tile, which is probably a must when dealing with so much sand. It's beautiful however it doesn't do much for the noise. We could hear our neighbors across the hall have a regular conversation inside of their room. One morning, the hotel started some construction at 8AM. That's right, 8AM. Drilling, hammering, whatever. At 8:30AM, I was about to go shout at someone. But it stopped and we never heard it again. Croydon, don't do that. Don't do that ever. Earplugs can help deal with the noise of other guests, it can't stop the invasive noises of construction. We booked via Expedia, who didn't disclose that construction was being down at the hotel at the time. Be sure to check with the hotel!

Overall, experience was great. We appreciated the great staff, our comfortable room, and especially our million dollar view from the roof.

• Stayed July 2014, travelled as a couple
2 Thank Stacy W
Homestead, Florida
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 8 July 2014

Words cant describe this amazing hotel. First the pool is incredible and the service is amazing the pool attendant was amazing; the rooftop is so nice you can see downtown miami all south beach and the sunset is soo beautiful fresh water in the rooftop and lobby bellmans always there for us opening the door saying hello welcome back is just a dream staying at this hotel lazaro and diego where really nice at checking time the superviser thania is really nice at the next day daniel the supervisor came in in the morning he is so nice always there asking how was my day if we need something. The bar is amazing so beautiful all the agents are full of positive energy everyone was always there for us next time i go to miami i will go to this hotel thank you everyone for making my vacation the best of my past years see you soon hotel croydon

• Stayed June 2014
      Location
2 Thank Osviel
SBG_GuestRelations, Guest Relations Manager at Hotel Croydon, responded to this review, 10 July 2014
Good Day Osviel and thank you for sharing your valuable feedback! Words can't describe how glad we are to read you had such a great time! Our pool area is a nice place to relax and soak up the summer sun! Our rooftop area is the perfect spot to watch the sunset and end the day. Our staff know what great customer service is, so it's good that you got to experience that as well! We shall see you soon!

West Bloomfield
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 8 July 2014

Clean, good location, rooms are spotless, all furniture new. Beds are comfortable. Staff - very friendly, efficient, all we asked for was done quickly and with the smile. Especially liked Suly - she is really helpful, has a great personality and excellent customer service skills!

• Stayed June 2014, travelled solo
3 Thank RPT13
Your review is wonderful RPT13!! We are so glad to know that your time spent here was a 5 star one! We offer an unbeatable price, in a great location and great service to match! We hope that you make us your go-to hotel when visiting Miami!