This trip was suppose to be the trip of a life time. This was the first time that we ever came to Miami. Before we left, we checked the hotel on multiple sites and saw that the hotel was rated 5 out of 5 on most website, which made us feel at ease when we booked the hotel. Little did we know....
Any ways we arrive at the hotel. The lobby was small but well kept (and given that I'm not sleeping in the lobby.. I don't want to spend too much time discussing this) and soon after we head towards our room.
We get off the elevator (4th floor) and there was stale air as if the ventilation was broken and a dead animal was put on that floor. We ran towards our room and opened it. I WAS ABSOLUTELY SHOCKED! Dirty carpets (threads coming out of them), paint chipping of the wall, bathroom is terrible shape (no lock on the bathroom door), and a feeling that doesn't feel like home AT ALL. At one point, we saw a cockroach in the hallway and all of us had decided that we do not walk bare footed in the hotel room. YES THAT BAD! This was room 406.
We then complained and moved to the 3rd floor. We got room 311. This room was even worse because in 406 there was ventilation within the room, but 311 had its AC broken!!!!
We moved again to room 210. This was the best room of all. ANYONE WHO READS THIS SHOULD CHOOSE ROOM 210 IF YOU MADE THE MISTAKE OF CHOOSING THIS HOTEL IN THE FIRST PLACE!!! This room doesn't have locks on the bathroom, but the room is really big. The beds look clean and tidy but the closet is broken. The drawers in the bathroom are also broken.
Overall I would NEVER EVER STAY AT THIS HOTEL EVER AGAIN!! The only perks of staying at this hotel is that its on Ocean Drive which is next to the ocean. I would prefer to walk 10 blocks had I known the condition of this hotel.
I do have to give credit where it is deserved though. The assistant at the front desk was EXTREMELY HELPFUL. He has morning shifts and I believe his name is Ronnie? I'm sorry for forgetting but he can really make your day and take that extra step to make your trip worth while.
However none the less the hotel was not up to my expectations.
We travelled in a group of 6 and we came from Western Canada.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Great 2 bedroom plus a den Condo Hotel in South Beach. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Hotels.com, Travel Republic (UK), Expedia, TripOnline SA, 5viajes2012 S.L., Cancelon, Evoline ltd, HotelQuickly and getaroom.com so you can book your Casa Grande Suite Hotel of South Beach reservations with confidence. We help millions of travellers each month to find the perfect hotel for both holiday and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Casa Grande Hotel Miami Beach
- Casa Grande Suite Hotel Of South Beach Miami Beach, Florida