“Just okay”

Casa Grande Suite Hotel of South Beach
Ranked #133 of 210 Hotels in Miami Beach
Reviewed 28 April 2009

I stayed here with my family during Spring Break. 1st problem-they did not have a room ready for my mom. They said they were short on help adn there was only one maid on duty. So after waiting for about an hour, we cancelled her room and she stayed in the room with me and my husband. 2nd problem-the 1st room they tried to put me in the carpet was filty. I am very particular about my room being clean and I have a pet peave about dirty floors. However, the 2nd room the put me in was okay. There was something sticky on the floor though. I was so frustrated with the hussle and bussle of trying to get a decent room, that I figured it would be better to go ahead and clean the floor with a wet papertowel myself than to wait on the only maid they had. We didn't stay the entire night since we had a long drive ahead of us so I didn't get a chance to see if we would get the fresh oranges they boasted about. Overall, this hotel can use some updating. The carpet in the hallway by the elevators (3rd Floor) was filty. BEWARE every room is not the same so you may have to look at a couple to get a decent one. The location is GREAT but I will not stay here again. Definitely not a 4 or 5 star hotel.

• Stayed: March 2009, travelled with family
There are newer reviews for Casa Grande Suite Hotel of South Beach

Reviewed 23 April 2009

I booked months in advance. And then . . .

"Sorry, we don't have 2 queens available, so we upgraded your room to a suite"

"What do you mean? I have my booking confirmation number for 2 queens"

"Sorry"

I was not surprised since I read other reviews about missing reservations here. I was just relieved that we had a room.

Our "room upgrade" was actually a king bed and a sofa bed, facing the ever-so-noisy Ocean Drive.

We did not have a good night's rest . . . any room facing Ocean Drive is noisy and the staff did not tell us this. It would have been helpful.

They switched our room to two queens the next day, but we had to return to the hotel and transfer our belongings. Inconvenience much?

There is NO ventilation in the hotel which meant AC was blasting on us 24/7. The front desk was helpful in getting our taxis and towels, but lacked smiles and knowledge.

We were not given a map nor any helpful information around the hotel.

The room was spacious. The bathroom and mini kitchen were both decent. I liked the fact that we could stock food leftovers and beverages in the fridge.

We were charged a "resort fee" upon check-out, which I don't get, but whatever, not returning here.

• Stayed: April 2009, travelled with friends
2  Thank Betty N
Reviewed 13 April 2009

Every time we visit Miami we always stay at the Casa Grande Hotel located right on the South Beach Strip, across from the beach and walking distance to all the restaurants and clubs. The rooms are very private, you won't hear any street noise and I believe each one of the rooms also contains a mini kitchen which we found useful for making our dinner and drinks. The service and staff were excellent and the rooms look newly renovated. We've had several bachelorette parties in Miami and no doubt I look forward to staying at the Casa Grande with each visit!

• Stayed: October 2008, travelled with friends
Reviewed 27 March 2009

First of all I reserved this thru bookit.com for $99/night. After reading some of the reviews I was afraid I would arrive to find out I did not have a room. When I arrived, I was promptly checked in. I stayed in Room 409 which is located in the back. I did not hear any noise from the street at this location. Speaking of location, this spot is perfect. You can walk everywhere from here which is what I did. The suite was clean and more than adequate for $99/night. The balcony did not look really clean nor inviting, and I did not venture out there. I did not experience staff arguing with any customers. The elevators are SLOW, and they shake when they stop at your floor...........scary!!!! I would recommend this place and I would definitely stay here again. The location alone gives it extra points, especially if you are a single female traveling. No fresh squeezed OJ, but I did see oranges in the lobby. I did notice that someone had food delivered to their room and I have noticed the tray has been sitting in the hallway over 12 hours!

• Stayed: March 2009, travelled solo
Reviewed 25 March 2009

I travel quite often and this was the Worse Stay EVER!!!‎ - LINA‎ - Today
My friends and I had reserved a Room 2 months in advance, confirmed the room 2 times with the hotel staff. Upon arrival we were told that we had no reservation (luckily I brought a print out proof our the purchase). We were told that there were no rooms available by the staff, and after arguing for over a half hour they finally put us up in a smaller room. The showers did NOT work, we had no way to shower for the first 30 hours of our stay and the staff was very rude to us on top of that. We spoke with the Manager Marrissa, she let us know that we would be receiving a refund for 1 nights stay, but we never received the refund--the hotel staff will lie and cheat you out of your money. I would NOT recommend staying here at all.

The location is great, but if you can't shower or have a guaranteed reservation then what's the point??? I like to relax on my vacations, everytime i walked into the lobby the hotel staff was fighting with a new customer. The elevators did not work most of the time and the hotel is usually out of towels. I've travelled to South Beach in the past and have tried other hotels around the area and they are so much better than this one...

• Stayed: March 2009, travelled with friends
1  Thank Lina627
CasaGrandeManager834, Manager at Casa Grande Suite Hotel of South Beach, responded to this reviewResponded 13 June 2015

Dear Past Guest,
Thank you for taking the time to review the Casa Grande. I do apologize for the experience you had with us during your stay. I kindly ask you reconsider giving us another opportunity in the future so we can make up for the problem in the past. Please contact me directly at fiflsteve@aol.com so I can offer you something special.
All the best,
Steven Annicharico
Assistant Manager

Reviewed 24 February 2009

Stayed at this hotel last week for 4 nights. Great location, walk out the front door and the beach and nightlife are right there. Beware of the "tourist trap" restaurants on Ocean drive. Room was clean and spacious and it had a full kitchen.... however... no pots or pans were provided, so I'm not sure what the point is of having a full kitchen. There is a MAJOR discrepancy between information you get from calling the hotel and actually being there. On multiple occasions, false information was given to me over the phone [pots and pans in room (none), no daily resort fee (close to $10 per day)]. So be careful about that and ask to speak with a number of front desk agents, not just one. Also, they boast fresh oranges every morning, never got them once. Except for the confused and misinformed staff, and the borderline bad service, this hotel is good.

• Stayed: February 2009, travelled with friends
1  Thank The_Dewey
Reviewed 6 January 2009

I booked our reservation online for a one night stay in September. When we arrived at the hotel around 6pm, they said they had given away the last room a few minutes before. I showed them my reservation information which I had luckily printed but they said that there was nothing they could do as they had no more rooms available. They said that it sometimes takes awhile for the reservation info to show up on the system which was completely ridiculous and unacceptable to me because once they take my reservation with confirmation number and everything, I expect to have a room "reserved" for me when I get there. Bottom line was that they had given away my room for no reason. They proceeded to try to find me a room in a different hotel on the strip. But it was difficult because it was a Saturday night in Summer time. They finally said that there was room available at the Park Central, but that they only had a suite available which was, of course, more expensive than the room I had reserved at Casa Grande.

I spoke to the hotel manager (Melissa) and she had no explanation or solution as to why this mixup had occurred. She also refused to put us up on another hotel or pay for the difference in price. She did, however, offered to give us a free night if we ever came back.

We decided to give the Casa Grande another shot and had Melissa, the manager, book us for one night in December. This time, they did have our reservation when we arrived. The room was a very good size which included a kitchen, a living room, the bedroom, and bathroom. The room looked nice and clean. However, the walls and floors are as thin as paper. Expect a lot of noise. We went to bed around 3am and eventough the outside noise is worth mentioning, it was the noise coming from other rooms and the hallway that really annoyed us. You could hear people walking, showering, opening and closing drawers and doors, and even the maids cleaning the adjacent rooms. You could clearly hear doors slamming outside the hall. Also, our bed was really really squeaky! Can you imagine what our neighbors would have heard if my girlfriend and I would have started something that night? And to top it all off, our room window faced the alley and we had to put up with the noisy garbage trucks that morning picking up trash all the way down the alley.

Overall it was a bad experience. The only reason I don't rate this hotel as "Terrible" is because the property manager was considerate enough to offer and give us a free night to make up for the original mixup. Even tough I would expect a reputable hotel to instead put us up somewhere else with no charge under the same circumstances. Unfortunately, the hotel noisy accomodations were not enough to grant anything significantly better. This hotel is not worth the price.

• Stayed: December 2008, travelled as a couple